A third of all PC gamers on Steam use Windows 10

Nineshadow

Lcd4hSO.png

Taken from : http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

It seems that Windows 10 adoption is pretty damn good. It almost overtook Windows 7.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I still can't tell if this is a good or bad thing. I use windows 10 though, for what it's worth.

¢υѕтσм ℓσσρ σя ησтнιηg αт αℓℓ

6 minutes ago, Pandalf said:

It will probably overtake Windows 7 in a few months. It's not like MS is pushy with the update. :D

I'm still waiting for the inevitable slip of Windows 10 into the "critical updates" section of Windows 7. Don't get me wrong, both my laptops and two of my three desktops run Windows 10 at this point, but those all came with Windows 8. My Windows 7 desktop is precious to me and will never be upgraded from that, even if I have to leave it turned off until August 1 to keep Microsoft's dogs at bay :P

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

I'm still waiting for the inevitable slip of Windows 10 into the "critical updates" section of Windows 7. Don't get me wrong, both my laptops and two of my three desktops run Windows 10 at this point, but those all came with Windows 8. My Windows 7 desktop is precious to me and will never be upgraded from that, even if I have to leave it turned off until August 1 to keep Microsoft's dogs at bay :P

well as of today they started to push it as a recommended update

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

Just now, Minsekt said:

well as of today they started to push it as a recommended update

Yep, saw a while back that they were doing that. Critical update status is coming, just give it a few months.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

I can't wait for 2024 when a third of Steam users are holding on to a deprecated Windows 10 while Microsoft has moved on to Windows One or whatever the fuck they call it.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

I'm one of them *Waves*

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

2 minutes ago, Oasis said:

I can't wait for 2024 when a third of Steam users are holding on to a deprecated Windows 10 while Microsoft has moved on to Windows One or whatever the fuck they call it.

If they keep to their plan, it's going to always be called Windows 10.

I wish they'd called it MSX to troll Apple.

just took a look and it seems that the 64 and 32 bit version of win 10 combined have surpassed the 64 bit version of win 7 so win 10 is in total still about 7% behind win 7 (couting the 32 and 64 bitt version together as one)

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD

1 hour ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Probabably because they are SO damn pushy on 7/8/8.1 and won't shut up unless you upgrade

I think this is the part when /thread comes.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

5 minutes ago, Watermelon Guy said:

Isnt this expected though, windows 7 is quickly becoming out of date for gaming. 

How exactly is that? All games work as they do on Win10 last time I checked (DX12 games are net yet out). 

38 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

If they keep to their plan, it's going to always be called Windows 10.

I wish they'd called it MSX to troll Apple.

Oh I know that's the plan, but I doubt they'll stick to it.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

This is great IMO. It's great for Microsoft as well, they're trying to do something that maybe might just take the world by storm... Probably, who knows. I think its awesome nonetheless.

40 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

How exactly is that? All games work as they do on Win10 last time I checked (DX12 games are net yet out). 

Driver support, more windows 10 drivers. More and more dx12 games being announced.

2 minutes ago, Watermelon Guy said:

Driver support, more windows 10 drivers. More and more dx12 games being announced.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all Win 10 drivers are also available on Win 7. I suppose we're talking about GPU drivers, since other drivers have no impact on gaming.

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all Win 10 drivers are also available on Win 7. I suppose we're talking about GPU drivers, since other drivers have no impact on gaming.

Windows 10 issues are fixed first. From my understanding. 

These posts are always pointless.

The same people who are anti-Windows 10 will be anti-participation in Steam surveys. Because Steam doesn't just collect your system specs and OS, it collects info on all applications and drivers installed on your system, and peripherals connected to it.

So the people who lack enough interest in privacy to install Windows 10 will be more likely to also participate in a Steam HW survey.

Basic analytics.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

3 hours ago, Pandalf said:

It will probably overtake Windows 7 in a few months. It's not like MS is pushy with the update. :D

my rocket scientist calculation says next month.

9 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

There was a ~20% performance increase in some games on Windows 8 over Windows 7 when that came out. It translated into Windows 10 as well. People clinging onto Windows 7 are just stubborn and have bought into all this anti Windows 8.1/10 bullshit.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor