Corsair 400C vs NZXT S340

Basically what the title says. Overall modest set up but with a radiator of some sort depending on the case. Which do you all prefer? (especially if you own one of them)

Any major cons to either case that you've noticed in use would be hugely appreciated. I know the 400C hasn't gotten into any hands so really just want to hear if the owners of the S340 would switch or stay with their current case.

Hi, as an owner of a s340 i pretty much have nothing to complain about. It's a very easy case to work in, especially with the lieterally effortless way that you can route your cables. Here is a pcpartspicker link to my PC, you check out some of the photos for a visual. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/F3xYcf

That's really all i can say, have not found one thing that i dislike about the s340. 

MAIN RIG | AMD R7 1800x @ 4.0GHz [cooled by Corsair h110i] | Zotac 1070 founders | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8gb |
| ASUS crosshair IV hero | Samsung 960 evo m.2 | Seagate 1TB + WD blue 2TB| Corsair HX750i | Phanteks evlov atx TG |
LAPTOP | HP zbook Workstation | Intel i7-4710 HQ @ 2.5GHz | 8gb ram | NVIDIA Quadro k1100m | 250gb + 250gb Crucial SSDs |

23 minutes ago, cstamant said:

Basically what the title says. Overall modest set up but with a radiator of some sort depending on the case. Which do you all prefer? (especially if you own one of them)

Any major cons to either case that you've noticed in use would be hugely appreciated. I know the 400C hasn't gotten into any hands so really just want to hear if the owners of the S340 would switch or stay with their current case.

Isnt the 400C a higher end case?

I really like the way the Corsair looks in pictures and have debated using it should I build another ATX. Meanwhile my roommate has an s340 and it is a really nice looking case. the metal exterior and flat back inside all look really sharp and give the case a more expensive appearance than it actually is.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

I am replacing my S340 with a 400C for a couple reasons. One is that I'm upgrading and the 400C fits my new E-ATX board a lot easier with the grommets being further up front. The second is the top rad support. That's one thing I hate is there is only front rad support for 240 and 280 rads on the S340. I have 2 HD 7950's and they already get hot enough without the rad blowing the CPU heat on top of them. I had to drill a hole in the side and mount another fan to keep my temps ok when gaming.

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)

7 hours ago, Mattb6288 said:

I am replacing my S340 with a 400C for a couple reasons. One is that I'm upgrading and the 400C fits my new E-ATX board a lot easier with the grommets being further up front. The second is the top rad support. That's one thing I hate is there is only front rad support for 240 and 280 rads on the S340. I have 2 HD 7950's and they already get hot enough without the rad blowing the CPU heat on top of them. I had to drill a hole in the side and mount another fan to keep my temps ok when gaming.

Did you drill the whole in the side panel window? Did it not crack?

MAIN RIG | AMD R7 1800x @ 4.0GHz [cooled by Corsair h110i] | Zotac 1070 founders | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8gb |
| ASUS crosshair IV hero | Samsung 960 evo m.2 | Seagate 1TB + WD blue 2TB| Corsair HX750i | Phanteks evlov atx TG |
LAPTOP | HP zbook Workstation | Intel i7-4710 HQ @ 2.5GHz | 8gb ram | NVIDIA Quadro k1100m | 250gb + 250gb Crucial SSDs |

21 minutes ago, Pepi28 said:

It's plastic, so no it shouldn't of cracked if the drilling was done properly.

Phanteks Eclipse P400S. 

Game Over

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

14 hours ago, Pepi28 said:

It didn't crack too much only a little. The plastic did melt a little on the edges from the heat of drilling. I got a square fan grill to cover up that the hole i drilled is slightly too large and to hide some of the scuffs.

IMG_20160210_141428.jpg

IMG_20160210_141449.jpg

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)

8 hours ago, Mattb6288 said:

It didn't crack too much only a little. The plastic did melt a little on the edges from the heat of drilling. I got a square fan grill to cover up that the hole i drilled is slightly too large and to hide some of the scuffs.

IMG_20160210_141428.jpg

IMG_20160210_141449.jpg

Regardless, it looks great. Good job!

I only have two issues witht he s340. The first is that there is an open gap about 5-7 inches by about .5 inch right where the pci brackets are screwed into. What I did was mod a piece of metal to look similar to a bracket lock and use an old PCs thumbscrew, works perfect. I also dont like the cable management in front of the PSU. It is very hard to add more power cables once you have things installed, basically have to redo the cable management. My recommendation would be to PLAN the management before (I didnt do this). Will do when I eventually upgrade the system.

TLDR: s340 is awesome, only two complaints, solid small medium case with a nice big window.

12 hours ago, Gulvan said:

I only have two issues witht he s340. The first is that there is an open gap about 5-7 inches by about .5 inch right where the pci brackets are screwed into. What I did was mod a piece of metal to look similar to a bracket lock and use an old PCs thumbscrew, works perfect. I also dont like the cable management in front of the PSU. It is very hard to add more power cables once you have things installed, basically have to redo the cable management. My recommendation would be to PLAN the management before (I didnt do this). Will do when I eventually upgrade the system.

TLDR: s340 is awesome, only two complaints, solid small medium case with a nice big window.

The .5 inch gap in the rear next to where the pci brackets screw into, isn't neccesserally a bad thing. I personally use it to rout out the two cables for an RGB strip. In scenarios where you tun some serious negative pressure, dust will without a doubt enter through that giant gap, but that is a specific case.