Pump questions

Do you guys think a Raijintek Triton pump could push water through the included radiator and another3 360mm radiator? The airflow in the H440 isn't the best so i want to add more radiators.

Breaking things 1 day at a time

whats the thickness of the rad and the size of the one included with the pump? 1 pump should be fine for 2 rads but being that i dont have the specs for the raijintek it should be ok, but then again if its a low lpm pump two rads might create more pressure than what is either rated for the pump or could reduce your cooling efficiency

Chief of the Red Hands multi-gaming group

46 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWIns said:

@W-L @Benji_w

Can you guys help me? Also looking for a 360mm Rad to put in here

One thing with the Raijintek unit is the rads they use are aluminum so Ideally it's best to not use that in the loop, if you do you would require a compatible fluid. The pump should be ok since rads aren't too restrictive but I am not too sure how good it is. 

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

One thing with the Raijintek unit is the rads they use are aluminum so Ideally it's best to not use that in the loop, if you do you would require a compatible fluid. The pump should be ok since rads aren't too restrictive but I am not too sure how good it is. 

I plan on using the aluminum one that came with it because i need as much rad space as possible. If i can find a alumnum one (360 rad) for much cheaper should i just buy that since i will already have an aluminum one?

4 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWIns said:

I plan on using the aluminum one that came with it because i need as much rad space as possible. If i can find a alumnum one (360 rad) for much cheaper should i just buy that since i will already have an aluminum one?

For the unit it has a copper baseplate for the CPU block so you would need to use a compatible fluid originally, ideally if you can moving away and going to all copper/brass rads would be be best option. 

18 minutes ago, W-L said:

For the unit it has a copper baseplate for the CPU block so you would need to use a compatible fluid originally, ideally if you can moving away and going to all copper/brass rads would be be best option. 

Ok. Know of any cheap 360 copper rads? (used is fine as long as they work)

well the raijintek pump is a 120 l/h pump, compared to that of a d5 at 1500 l/h, or a dcp 2.2 at 400 l/h.  I was using a similar pump to the dcp (about 400 l/h) and I was a little underwhelmed by the flowrate using 2 radiators and 2 low restriction blocks.  considering that raijintek pump is less than 30% the flowrate of that pump, I'd probably recommend investing in a better setup

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

10 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

well the raijintek pump is a 120 l/h pump, compared to that of a d5 at 1500 l/h, or a dcp 2.2 at 400 l/h.  I was using a similar pump to the dcp (about 400 l/h) and I was a little underwhelmed by the flowrate using 2 radiators and 2 low restriction blocks.  considering that raijintek pump is less than 30% the flowrate of that pump, I'd probably recommend investing in a better setup

What if i found a cheap-er-ish pump and ran them together?

2 hours ago, TubsAlwaysWIns said:

What if i found a cheap-er-ish pump and ran them together?

It'd be better but still probably not worth the overall investment. The Tritons are prone to leakage, and the mixed metals in the loop will cause issues sooner or later.  I'd personally sell the Triton for whatever you can get for it, I sold mine on ebay for 60$ with no fans and invested that into my custom loop.

All that opinion crap aside, the one pump may be able to handle an additional radiator just fine by itself but the only real way to find out is to try.  Bleeding air out of the system might be a huge pain in the butt though and I'd recommend trying to fill it outside of the case if that is at all possible in your situation, since it'd only be 3 components.  If it isn't enough you could always add another small pump but it seems like a cheap pump that is 1/2 the cost as a D5 has only 1/8 of the performance. 

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

33 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

It'd be better but still probably not worth the overall investment. The Tritons are prone to leakage, and the mixed metals in the loop will cause issues sooner or later.  I'd personally sell the Triton for whatever you can get for it, I sold mine on ebay for 60$ with no fans and invested that into my custom loop.

All that opinion crap aside, the one pump may be able to handle an additional radiator just fine by itself but the only real way to find out is to try.  Bleeding air out of the system might be a huge pain in the butt though and I'd recommend trying to fill it outside of the case if that is at all possible in your situation, since it'd only be 3 components.  If it isn't enough you could always add another small pump but it seems like a cheap pump that is 1/2 the cost as a D5 has only 1/8 of the performance. 

The issue i have with custom loops is im broke. And i have no idea why anyone would buy my cooler. Ill look into it though

3 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWIns said:

The issue i have with custom loops is im broke. And i have no idea why anyone would buy my cooler. Ill look into it though

is it all beat up?  you might not have great luck getting rid of it, mine was only a couple months after they came out.  It had a few scratches and marks on the radiator though and the warranty sticker obviously removed.  It may be worth a shot.  or you could just get something like the h320 x2 from swiftech. 360mm rad, less likely to leak, badass looking res, 660 L/hr instead of 120 L/hr pump flowrate if you did want to add more rad space you could get a 240mm magicool g2 slim for around 35$ new I believe

Just now, 0ld_Chicken said:

is it all beat up?  you might not have great luck getting rid of it, mine was only a couple months after they came out.  It had a few scratches and marks on the radiator though and the warranty sticker obviously removed.  It may be worth a shot.  or you could just get something like the h320 x2 from swiftech. 360mm rad, less likely to leak, badass looking res, 660 L/hr instead of 120 L/hr pump flowrate if you did want to add more rad space you could get a 240mm magicool g2 slim for around 35$ new I believe

Its not all beat up. The block/pump unit had some scratches and dents when i got it

5 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWIns said:

Its not all beat up. The block/pump unit had some scratches and dents when i got it

I've been pleasantly surprised at what people will pay for things on ebay.  Maybe not so much now that most people know that those units tend to leak, but it'd be a shame to dump more money into it just to have problems down the line

18 hours ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

I've been pleasantly surprised at what people will pay for things on ebay.  Maybe not so much now that most people know that those units tend to leak, but it'd be a shame to dump more money into it just to have problems down the line

yeah. Well if i buy another radiator i could always use it in a custom loop

On 2/2/2016 at 11:20 AM, W-L said:

What if I find another Raijintek Triton on ebay and add that pump into the loop...

5 hours ago, TubsAlwaysWIns said:

What if I find another Raijintek Triton on ebay and add that pump into the loop...

You might have issues if you use another pump with that since they would not have the same flow rate as each other. It would be a better option to invest in some new cooling hardware or get a deal on some used stuff like on Ebay.