Firefox and Edge NOT friendly

GoodBytes
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

I have been able to reproduce the Edge Mobile issue, and have reported it to the relevant people.

In Firefox, as far as I know, it's only tagging that causes problems, and it only prevents tagging from working again for a while. While this obviously isn't desirable, it's not a critical issue. That issue has already been reported to the relevant people.

Well I'm using Chrome 48 on Android 6 and its almost unusable.

I've already reported that video embedding is hit and miss but there's lots more issues.

Editing doesn't work at all, the save button just doesn't work. When I'm typing the cursor spawns random characters after the cursor, it does it when hitting fullstop almost every single time but occasionally it does it with other characters as well. Deleting with backspace makes the cursor jumps back into the sentence so I'm deleting the wrong thing. I'm getting saved input from my previous post when making a new post. 

I'm sure there's more that I can't remember too.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I have my old Android phone (Moto G, has the new Android on it. I don't recall form the top of my head what version it is, I need to go home), Forgot what version of Chrome it has also, but I'll give it a spin to see if it is also broken there.

11 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Well I'm using Chrome 48 on Android 6 and its almost unusable.

I've already reported that video embedding is hit and miss but there's lots more issues.

Editing doesn't work at all, the save button just doesn't work. When I'm typing the cursor spawns random characters after the cursor, it does it when hitting fullstop almost every single time but occasionally it does it with other characters as well. Deleting with backspace makes the cursor jumps back into the sentence so I'm deleting the wrong thing. I'm getting saved input from my previous post when making a new post. 

I'm sure there's more that I can't remember too.

I also use Chrome 48 on Android 6, but I haven't been able to reproduce any of the issues that you've mentioned, though I do know that video embedding is buggy.

The "getting saved input from my previous post when making a new post" is a "feature", though we are aware that it isn't working as expected, and so are the forum software developers. Hopefully, it will be fixed in the next few months, but for now I'm afraid there isn't anything we can do about it.

HTTP/2 203

6 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Apparently these issues are related to the mobile versions of the browsers, which changes things. Unfortunately, supporting mobile browsers is considerably more complicated, not least because it requires emulators to test.

I will be looking into these issues if I can mange to get an emulator working, but I can't promise anything.

Alternatively, you could ask specific members to test specific features on specific platforms.

I do web development myself, and I feel everyones pains of trying to make sites work on iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows, OSX, and Linux platforms of all shapes and sizes. Often times I run my Android phone and iOS iPad alongside my computer as I work, just to make sure things are rendering out correctly.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

8 hours ago, kirashi said:

Alternatively, you could ask specific members to test specific features on specific platforms.

I do web development myself, and I feel everyones pains of trying to make sites work on iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows, OSX, and Linux platforms of all shapes and sizes. Often times I run my Android phone and iOS iPad alongside my computer as I work, just to make sure things are rendering out correctly.

Testing is can be done by members, but it's just not possible to fix issues like that (where the editor issues are very browser specific and difficult to debug). 

HTTP/2 203

I have been able to reproduce the Edge Mobile issue, and have reported it to the relevant people.

In Firefox, as far as I know, it's only tagging that causes problems, and it only prevents tagging from working again for a while. While this obviously isn't desirable, it's not a critical issue. That issue has already been reported to the relevant people.

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

I do hope that Firefox taggin issue gets solved on desktop too. I'm tired of having one working tag in post while another is broken.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv