Page position drops to top of first line in thread upon opening.

wyattzx

I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug, so bear with me here. Whenever I open a thread, the page automatically scrolls down to directly above the first line in the post. This only occurs when I am signed in, however. It happens both on Chrome and Edge. I have found no setting to change this, and it is increasingly annoying. The text being at the top third of my monitor makes it uncomfortable to read, as I'm used to the thread position being more towards the center of the monitor. 

Anybody else dealing with this?

Do you use thread title or round button for opening? Title should just open page from top, like it did to this one. Using round button will bring you to first unread post. If its new thread which you haven't visited, it ofc brings you to OP of that thread.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Do you use thread title or round button for opening? Title should just open page from top, like it did to this one. Using round button will bring you to first unread post. If its new thread which you haven't visited, it ofc brings you to OP of that thread.

If I click on the title itself, it causes it. Such as any topic in the right-hand side under "Recent Topics." In the thread list, it's fine. (As long as I don't click on the button for first unread post.) In the "Recent Activities" it seems to always default to first unread post. This seems backwards, as your recent topics are almost always new topics, and so you'd always want to go to the OP.

1 minute ago, NonaHexa said:

If I click on the title itself, it causes it. Such as any topic in the right-hand side under "Recent Topics." In the thread list, it's fine. (As long as I don't click on the button for first unread post.) In the "Recent Activities" it seems to always default to first unread post. This seems backwards, as your recent posts are almost always new topics, and so you'd always want to go to the OP.

Yup, happens to me too. I'm not sure if there's fix for it. Seems like the way they just work.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Yup, happens to me too. I'm not sure if there's fix for it. Seems like the way they just work.

Thanks for confirming it. I'm inclined to think it's easy to change. Likely a simple tick from "Recent Topics show first unread post" or something in the forum settings. I could definitely be wrong, however.

I don't know why this is happening (it's not in Firefox) - there were steps taken specifically to prevent this from happening, and they are still enabled...

HTTP/2 203