H440 or S340?

bob9722

For my next build, I'm deciding between the razer edition of the H440 or the S340. I initially intended to go with the Define R5, but later decided to go with a green colored theme (as in I will be painting a lot of the components green). So the specs are:

Intel Core i5-6600K /w Corsair H100i GTX AiO water-cooling

16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 RAM

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 ATX Motherboard

Samsung 850 EVO SSD

EVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid Graphics Card /w AiO water-cooling built in

EVGA 850 80+ Gold Modular ATX Power Supply

As there are two sets of AiO water-cooling, I was wondering if they can all fit into the S340, or should I go with H440?

Also, which one is going to be quieter? (As I intend to use this for music production)

h440 is s great case and pretty quiet to. the s340 is a budget case and the h440 is just a little more premium 

5 minutes ago, bob9722 said:

For my next build, I'm deciding between the razer edition of the H440 or the S340. I initially intended to go with the Define R5, but later decided to go with a green colored theme (as in I will be painting a lot of the components green). So the specs are:

Intel Core i5-6600K /w Corsair H100i GTX AiO water-cooling

16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 RAM

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 ATX Motherboard

Samsung 850 EVO SSD

EVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid Graphics Card /w AiO water-cooling built in

EVGA 850 80+ Gold Modular ATX Power Supply

As there are two sets of AiO water-cooling, I was wondering if they can all fit into the S340, or should I go with H440?

Also, which one is going to be quieter? (As I intend to use this for music production)

H440 will be quieter with the noise dampening foam and it has room for the radiator on the top and the back.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

The S340 has a cleaner overall look but it isnt as easy to cable manage comes with less fans and no sound dampening

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

The S340 has a cleaner overall look but it isnt as easy to cable manage comes with less fans and no sound dampening

Uh, the S340 is easier with cable management--not sure how it would be the other way around.
Cases are inherently silent. If noise is an issue, don't get loud components.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

Uh, the S340 is easier with cable management--not sure how it would be the other way around.
Cases are inherently silent. If noise is an issue, don't get loud components.

I had a harder time cable managing in the s340 than the h440 personally. Its not hard per we, cake walk compared to the armour a60 i had (ah the days of sitting on side panels) If there were dividers under that raised bar I would say it is easier but there aren't. 

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

5 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

I had a harder time cable managing in the s340 than the h440 personally. Its not hard per we, cake walk compared to the armour a60 i had (ah the days of sitting on side panels) If there were dividers under that raised bar I would say it is easier but there aren't. 

Dividers? I found it pretty easy to just bundle all the cables into a large rope and put that behind the bar.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

Dividers? I found it pretty easy to just bundle all the cables into a large rope and put that behind the bar.

See I'm an amateur and don't do stuff like that. So I like having some kind of bar to help guide the cables so they aren't dont look angled from the side panel window.

the h440 will give you more flexibility in positioning of your rads. Also having worked with an s340 the interior and the top picks up scratches pretty easily. So that's something to note.

My friend has the Razer H440 and it's a great case. No experience in terms of the S430 but the H440 is very good!

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

my brother has the s340 and in white it definitely shows it's age.... I would pick the h440 because it looks much better imo but I am not a huge nzxt case fan anyway

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM