Creative Sound Blaster Z Backplate

Hi all,

Just wanted to share a quick little addition I made to my Creative Sound Blaster Z, a custom backplate! I actually did the modeling myself (my first time ever using modeling software) and I think it actually turned out pretty well. The guys over at performancepcs lasered it for me and it only cost $16 since I provided the model.

This was my solution to the common problem of soundcards not coming with backplates and sticking out in an otherwise cogent computer. I couldn't find anybody selling backplates like this in the US so I took the matter into my own hands.

http://imgur.com/a/ldSsH

If anybody is interested, I can upload the model file for others to use!

That's pretty cool.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

For your first time modeling that looks great, a lot better than what I done. Custom backplates is actually something we are working on over here at Addon Customs, which we will be officially announcing in more detail soon.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, that looks nice! What material is that? I'd be worried about static buildup

12 hours ago, Arct1c0n said:

Damn, that looks nice! What material is that? I'd be worried about static buildup

Backplates can be made out of Acrylic or Metal. Official backplates from the GPU manufacturer and EK backplates are mostly metal, while 3rd party backplates such as the ones we make use acrylic.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.