How to program a macro to open an Application? (Corsair K95)

I have a Corsair K95 and I love using macros for productivity and so forth. I want to program a few of my keys to open things that I use a lot like Calculator, Word, Excel, Chrome, Cortana (I know it;s not an application), etc. Any help? I already have the Corsair keyboard utility.

Click the key you would like to program on the diagram, and right click, then "assign new action"

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

Maybe try using Windows Task Scheduler to schedule a task to trigger when a certain key combination is pressed. Otherwise, using win+1, win+2.. etc will open the program in the corresponding slot in your task bar, while win+s will open Cortana. Try binding those to your macro keys.

Edit: Your keyboard may well have the option to literally assign a program to each macro key.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

• 7 months later...
On 2/2/2016 at 7:41 PM, Johnmakuta said:

Found it in the Corsair utility. Thanks anyway.

Hi John,

can you please explain me hot to launch a program with Cue2?? in the previous version you can assign that directly...there was a macro called like that...but now i don't see that...

On 9/27/2016 at 6:15 AM, drittoXdritto said:

Hi John,

can you please explain me hot to launch a program with Cue2?? in the previous version you can assign that directly...there was a macro called like that...but now i don't see that...

I'm running into the same problem! The new software is a pain the ass!

• 2 months later...
On 9/28/2016 at 10:48 AM, Johnmakuta said:

I'm running into the same problem! The new software is a pain the ass!

Any luck?

Actually, if anyone is still following this thread, I just figured it out.  When creating a new Action, click on the Macro dropdown and you can change it to Remap Key.  Change the Key Function to Shortcut and you can specify the application from there.

It is not very obvious... And you can only launch one app per action.

• 1 year later...

I already have a profile for iTunes and I want to create another profile for SoundCloud, how do I do that? and when I go to add the program to the profile, I cant find it in the desktop file window