Better "College" Laptop

I need to buy a laptop for a friend of mine, she needs a laptop for study and surf on the internet (so she don't need to play games or 4K video editing etc) but i don't want to buy an intel core 2 duo or an intel pentium processor. I think that i can spend up to 300€ but less is better. 

Maybe i can add a few upgrade aftermarket, like changhe di HDD (or SSD is better) or add additional RAM if needed. I'm wait if anyone could help me. ??

Definitely a laptop? It sounds like a chromebook would be right up her alley.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

1 minute ago, Crowes said:

Definitely a laptop? It sounds like a chromebook would be right up her alley.

Yes, because she already have a desktop pc, but she need to bring him at university and maybe is difficult go out with a desktop pc ? Anyway I'll prefer to buy a windows to a chromebook because I don't know if she like that or she know how to use a different system... 

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe96 said:

I need to buy a laptop for a friend of mine, she needs a laptop for study and surf on the internet (so she don't need to play games or 4K video editing etc) but i don't want to buy an intel core 2 duo or an intel pentium processor. I think that i can spend up to 300€ but less is better. 

Maybe i can add a few upgrade aftermarket, like changhe di HDD (or SSD is better) or add additional RAM if needed. I'm wait if anyone could help me. ??

did your friend really need a notebook? Maybe a tablet is a better choice? If a notebook is necessary I would totally recommend you to in a education store (typically ever university has a store which offers a lot of variation in prices, usually cheaper then the market).

1 minute ago, Giuseppe96 said:

Yes, because she already have a desktop pc, but she need to bring him at university and maybe is difficult go out with a desktop pc ? Anyway I'll prefer to buy a windows to a chromebook because I don't know if she like that or she know how to use a different system... 

I understand, it's always an issue. They are just far lighter, far quicker, and right in the price margin. $300 is a bit steep.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

11 minutes ago, ruffio said:

did your friend really need a notebook? Maybe a tablet is a better choice? If a notebook is necessary I would totally recommend you to in a education store (typically ever university has a store which offers a lot of variation in prices, usually cheaper then the market).

I've 30% of discount on any computer with my university. She already have a tablet and i think if she asked me for a notebok she wants a notebook ?. However maybe I'm going to Acer or Samsung (if they have anyone at this price because I think that HP or Dell didn't have anything less than 500€ ).