Few things about the mobile version

Bouzoo

This is just a few I've noticed while browsing today on my phone (LG G2, if it helps). I apologize in advanced if these things were mentioned, or if some these things are already available and I just haven't figured them out.

1) This applies to both versions, why is the space between rows that big when you press enter? Same issue that word has sometimes and you have to press Shift + Enter. Problem when there are no mentioned keys on phone. You can see the difference between spaces above 1) and below this row.
2) Can you somehow turn off the announcements? Taking too much space on phone on every single page.
3) The row for every thread s a bit... too big for my liking. I know, it contains all the info that you need, but when you have 10 sticky threads + mentioned announcements you have to scroll quite a lot, every time when you want to get to new/recently replied threads. Maybe different size options with different info?
4) Navigation bar. I'm not seeing it on mobile version, for instance now it's "Home->The Hub->...Create New Topic". If I want to go to front page, I have to press back every time in the upper left corner. Quite annoying when you have 4 pages to load to get back on the front page. My biggest issue here.
5) Have the options for quote, like, etc when you click on a post, not on every single one.
6) If a thread has multiple pages, having for instance numbers of different pages, like 1, 2, 3, ..., 79 (I mean literally like that), not just having to just write down to number. Both options combined would be great. You can go to a specific page by entering a number or scroll between few pages, like 5, 6, 7, w/o entering the number. I know, nitpicking, but just a thought. 

As I said, if those options exist I apologize, I haven't noticed theme, so feel free to correct me. I think I had few more today and will update if I remember them.
Anyway, great job to everyone that worked on this upgrade. :)

EDIT:
1) Will it be possible to put a picture as a custom forum background? I suppose not but worth a shot.
2) Is there no option anymore to c/p text here and remove all formatting, leaving just default text?

3) Only 7 options on text formatting on phone? 

Edited by Bouzoo

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, kmanchine said:

@Bouzoo 
4) i usually press linustechtips logo to go back to home so it maybe will help

That didn't cross my mind. Tnx a lot. 

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

Same issue that word has sometimes and you have to press Shift + Enter. 

That killed me a little in side... you know that's actually a formatting feature you can control, right?  Not a random "problem"?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

That killed me a little in side... you know that's actually a formatting feature you can control, right?  Not a random "problem"?

But the thing is you can't control it on your phone. Just pressing double enter makes so much more sense, as we now have no option of making lines close to each other...

(also, I hate that Word automatically does that, so I've turned it off :D)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Just now, TomvanWijnen said:

But the thing is you can't control it on your phone. Just pressing double enter makes so much more sense, as we now have no option of making lines close to each other...

(also, I hate that Word automatically does that, so I've turned it off :D)

Yeah I don't know why they changed the forum to do that; it made perfect sense before.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I meant as in a comparison so people would know what I mean, because most of time, at least for me, it happens when I'm c/p a text, and it's much faster to use keyboard shortcut than to format the text. Bad wording on my side and yes, I do know it's formatting. :) 

10 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

This is just a few I've noticed while browsing today on my phone (LG G2, if it helps). I apologize in advanced if these things were mentioned, or if some these things are already available and I just haven't figured them out.

1) This applies to both versions, why is the space between rows that big when you press enter? Same issue that word has sometimes and you have to press Shift + Enter. Problem when there are no mentioned keys on phone. You can see the difference between spaces above 1) and below this row.
2) Can you somehow turn off the announcements? Taking too much space on phone on every single page.
3) The row for every thread s a bit... too big for my liking. I know, it contains all the info that you need, but when you have 10 sticky threads + mentioned announcements you have to scroll quite a lot, every time when you want to get to new/recently replied threads. Maybe different size options with different info?
4) Navigation bar. I'm not seeing it on mobile version, for instance now it's "Home->The Hub->...Create New Topic". If I want to go to front page, I have to press back every time in the upper left corner. Quite annoying when you have 4 pages to load to get back on the front page. My biggest issue here.
5) Have the options for quote, like, etc when you click on a post, not on every single one.
6) If a thread has multiple pages, having for instance numbers of different pages, like 1, 2, 3, ..., 79 (I mean literally like that), not just having to just write down to number. Both options combined would be great. You can go to a specific page by entering a number or scroll between few pages, like 5, 6, 7, w/o entering the number. I know, nitpicking, but just a thought. 

As I said, if those options exist I apologize, I haven't noticed theme, so feel free to correct me. I think I had few more today and will update if I remember them.
Anyway, great job to everyone that worked on this upgrade. :)

EDIT:
1) Will it be possible to put a picture as a custom forum background? I suppose not but worth a shot.
2) Is there no option anymore to c/p text here and remove all formatting, leaving just default text?

3) Only 7 options on text formatting on phone? 

1) You get used to that. Instead of having to use extra line to break paragraphs, you can just single line-break it. I know it needs some getting used to but I like it more personally. (While I don't use it when doing real text editing).

5) I do agree. But I can also manage with current system. They don't really take that much space.

E1) Nope, custom bgs are replaced by cover pictures.

E2) In full editor Tx does that.

E3) Which brings us to problem. Editor shows full only when screen res/zoom allow it. On smaller res/bigger zoom and mobile you only get narrow editor. I've complained to @colonel_mortis about this during beta since I browse with bigger zoom/dpi on all devices. But at least for the moment, there isn't fix for it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv