Error Page When Agreeing W/ Post [Bug]

Go to solution Solved by NinjaJc01,
On 2/1/2016 at 8:43 PM, iamdarkyoshi said:

Tested by doubleclicking it, managed to get an error page. Single clicked it, worked fine

That's been the case for a while.

The post is pretty self explanatory, I Agree'd with 2 users posts, specifically on this thread

and it brought me to an error page like so.

382854ee68.png

Edit: Hope this helps

If it was agreeing with my post, it went through.

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |

2 minutes ago, LionWaffles said:

If it was agreeing with my post, it went through.

Yes I am aware, But it was directed to a error page which is an issue, I am fully aware you got the agree. 

Did you by chance click it twice? The old forum would say "there was an error storing your reputation vote" because liking something, and then liking it again is not possible, the second "like" should have been a "cancel" of sorts, but the button didnt change yet.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie76 said:

Yes I am aware, But it was directed to a error page which is an issue, I am fully aware you got the agree. 

Ok :) 

Probably message @colonel_mortis - he manages this type of stuff. 

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Did you by chance click it twice? The old forum would say "there was an error storing your reputation vote" because liking something, and then liking it again is not possible, the second "like" should have been a "cancel" of sorts, but the button didnt change yet.

I don't believe I did, however I do remember the error message, but directing to a whole new page? it happened twice in a row, which led to me thinking that it might be a bug

1 minute ago, Ronnie76 said:

I don't believe I did, however I do remember the error message, but directing to a whole new page? it happened twice in a row, which led to me thinking that it might be a bug

Tested by doubleclicking it, managed to get an error page. Single clicked it, worked fine

Hmm, strange... I guess its problem solved perhaps? 

I did just try it, It brought me to the error page both times, perhaps it might be something with my mouse? 

8 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Have you tried it? 

Just now, Ronnie76 said:

I did just try it, It brought me to the error page both times, perhaps it might be something with my mouse? 

Weird. I know the kind of thing happens on mobile sometimes as the page rendering/processing is slower, but the PC I am on right now is a freaking museum piece. I suggest we summon @colonel_mortis

Weird. I know the kind of thing happens on mobile sometimes as the page rendering/processing is slower, but the PC I am on right now is a freaking museum piece. I suggest we summon @colonel_mortis

* got brought to error page*

le cry 

So the issue is that if you double click the rep button, it goes through, but you get an error page? That's @Cat :^)'s realm, but he probably needs to disable the rep buttons on the first click.

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

So the issue is that if you double click the rep button, it goes through, but you get an error page? That's @Cat :^)'s realm, but he probably needs to disable the rep buttons on the first click.

I single click it and it went through as an error 

I single click it and it went through as an error 

The site must be seeing it as a double click or something. I was able to replicate the issue by double clicking the button

The site must be seeing it as a double click or something. I was able to replicate the issue by double clicking the button

Perhaps it might be with the sites traffic amount? 

Perhaps it might be with the sites traffic amount? 

Its weird that you can consistently have the issue, yet I can consistently do it without issues. And my PC is a rotten potato and a half

The same error - 1REP1023?

Yes it seems to be the same error 

Its weird that you can consistently have the issue, yet I can consistently do it without issues. And my PC is a rotten potato and a half

Perhaps it might just be my current connection?

17 minutes ago, Ronnie76 said:

Yes it seems to be the same error 

Perhaps it might just be my current connection?

Are you able to reliably reproduce it, or has it only happened like once or twice?

HTTP/2 203

Are you able to reliably reproduce it, or has it only happened like once or twice?

throughout all the past agree's I've done today, its always occurred, the first 2 times in said topic I brushed it off like, probably something rare HOWEVER it keeps occurring for me, all 6 total posts I've agreed on today. 

28 minutes ago, Ronnie76 said:

throughout all the past agree's I've done today, its always occurred, the first 2 times in said topic I brushed it off like, probably something rare HOWEVER it keeps occurring for me, all 6 total posts I've agreed on today. 

Weird. Can you try and reproduce it again now, then let me know straight away once you've done so?

HTTP/2 203

5 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Weird. Can you try and reproduce it again now, then let me know straight away once you've done so?

I just tried it, the issue does not seem to occur anymore, I did not change anything , no new mouse, didn't restart, nothing of the sorts. I haven't tried replicating it by double click yet. but it appears the issue is resolved 

3 minutes ago, Ronnie76 said:

I just tried it, the issue does not seem to occur anymore, I did not change anything , no new mouse, didn't restart, nothing of the sorts. I haven't tried replicating it by double click yet. but it appears the issue is resolved 

Ok, let me know if you're able to reproduce it again, and include the time that you were able to do it (as exactly as possible please) so that I can look into it more easily.

HTTP/2 203

22 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Ok, let me know if you're able to reproduce it again, and include the time that you were able to do it (as exactly as possible please) so that I can look into it more easily.

It just happened again the time was about 4:02 and 28~ seconds