Sony Dualshock 4 controller won't connect with ASUS BT400 Bluetooth dongle

So I'm renewing this topic after encountering an unsovled thread from user dobby240240. Like him/her I bought a sony dualshock 4 and a bluetooth dongle (using Windows 10) with the intention of boosting my rig to 'not having to get out of bed at all' capability (what a time to be alive!) and likewise I did my absloute level best to snap that controller in two in rage and frustration from not being able to connect the bloody thing to my pc.

The dongle works fine with wireless speakers and even my phone so I dont suspect the issue is there .Likewise I have tried using both DS4Windows and Inputmapper software and both work perfectly when the controller is connected via usb. The PC even recognises that the ds4 is there when i put it in pairing mode, but when I click connect it just sits there doing nothing until the controller gets bored, turns off and i get an error message.

If anyone knows any solutions I would be grateful as there really isn't much online about how to fix this in Windows 10 and I really dislike having bought what are otherwise two great pieces of hardware that just cant seem to get along...

link to dobby240240 's post

I have had issues connecting my DS3 with an old bluetooth reciever. The program "SCP Server" worked for me. The issue is that with the later version of the software, USB is broken but bluetooth (mostly) worked. The rumblers had a serious delay. And wired was completely fucked up. Downgrading to version 1.5 or whatever broke bluetooth support, but fixed USB.

TL;DR it could be worse, windows could try and install it as a printer

But in all honesty, this is an issue with windows itself not properly recognizing playstation wireless controllers as a whole, even PS3 controllers were nitpicky

Did the dongle come with any drivers of its own or are you just using Windows' default one? I run mine with a $10 Azio BT4.0 dongle and the only time I had an issue with it was when I installed the drivers it came with. I went and manually removed them, then it worked fine.

Try and put the controller on pairing mode (press and hold share+PS) and add Wireless Controller manually. Another issue a friend of mine ran into once was just pressing the PS button and adding whatever device wanted to connect. Turns out the PC was detecting a wireless headset before the controller portion (it was the audio passthrough that doesn't work yet), and whenever you try to connect to that, it gives you an error and the controller turns off.

• 2 weeks later...

I did install the additional drivers. Will give those things a go, thanks :)

On 2/10/2016 at 10:46 AM, amarulagold said:

I did install the additional drivers. Will give those things a go, thanks :)

Did you get it to work?

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately not. Resigned to using cable for now but will look into buying another dongle to see if that might be the issue.