NZXT FX V2 worth it?

Doughnutnator

Hi! I can get 2 140mm NZXT "Radiator optimized" FX V2 fans (2,000 RPM) for $20.

Right now I have a simple setup:

-Corsair SPEC 02 with stock fans as intakes and an i5 4570 (Hyper 212 EVO) with a GTX 970.

Do you think it's worth it to pick up those fans for $20?

imo no, because they are freakin loud

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

nah

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

On 1/2/2016 at 1:02 PM, Enderman said:

imo no, because they are freakin loud

Even if I turn them down?

2 minutes ago, Doughnutnator said:

then it just becomes less loud and less performance

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Any other options at that price? I thought $20 for 2 of them was nice.

39 minutes ago, Doughnutnator said:

Any other options at that price? I thought $20 for 2 of them was nice.

fractal design R3

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Enderman said:

FN V2's aren't amazing but their airflow/noise ratio is okay. Silent R3's aren't much better. 

6 hours ago, Doughnutnator said:

They're not that loud at nominal speeds. What kind of dollars are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

FN V2's aren't amazing but their airflow/noise ratio is okay. Silent R3's aren't much better. 

oh yeah i just checked, they are almost identical
it was the fn fans which were very loud, not fnv2

Spoiler

54 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

They're not that loud at nominal speeds. What kind of dollars are you using?

USD dollars

1 minute ago, Doughnutnator said:

USD dollars

Vortexes are better: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cougar-case-fan-cfv14s

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, Doughnutnator said:

I can't get them in my country. Other options are JetFlos (cable too short) and 2 SP120 HP...

Where are you located? Where are you shopping in that case since you're using USD?

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

Where are you located? Where are you shopping in that case since you're using USD?

In Mexico, i'm using USD because I convert them so people in the forums understand.

I don't think everyone knows how much "$400 pesos" are worth... So I just convert them to dollars lol

8 minutes ago, Doughnutnator said:

In Mexico, i'm using USD because I convert them so people in the forums understand.

I don't think everyone knows how much "$400 pesos" are worth... So I just convert them to dollars lol

There's no point converting currencies when that's not what you're actually using. 
Can you link us to where you're actually shopping?

4 hours ago, Doughnutnator said:

Wow, that's a very small fan selection. It seems the only decent 140mm's available are the FN V2's.

On 8/2/2016 at 8:02 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Wow, that's a very small fan selection. It seems the only decent 140mm's available are the FN V2's.

Yeah, pretty limited. So, do you recommend going for them?

11 minutes ago, Doughnutnator said:

Yeah, pretty limited. So, do you recommend going for them?

In this case, sure.