Steam is blurry on 1440p

sgtcool
Go to solution Solved by elpiop,
7 minutes ago, sgtcool said:

There is no setting for that in steam.exe properties

Under compatibility there should be a settin. (Disable Dpi scaling on high dpi displays)steam-properties.png

So i just got the Asus VX24AH 1440p display, and steam is blurry, how can i scale it down , it hurts my eyes.

Some elements scaled down  for the 1440p display, but steam did not.

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Just now, DaltonM said:

Have you restarted steam and your PC?

Yes

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Have you tried installing a theme? It may scale better.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

For me it does not scale correctly only if the game I am playing is not at the correct resolution. If all else fails try to reinstall steam. 

Can't you change the dpi scaling property on the steam executable? That might help

1 minute ago, elpiop said:

Can't you change the dpi scaling property on the steam executable? That might help

Where?

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

6 minutes ago, sgtcool said:

Where?

Right click on the steam executable steam.exe, go to properties (don't know exact file location, probably in program files(x86)/steam) and change the dpi scaling setting. Don't remember exactly what it's called but try that and restart steam and see if it helps 

Steam looks fine on my 1440p monitor

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

3 minutes ago, elpiop said:

Right click on the steam executable steam.exe, go to properties (don't know exact file location, probably in program files(x86)/steam) and change the dpi scaling setting. Don't remember exactly what it's called but try that and restart steam and see if it helps 

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

7 minutes ago, sgtcool said:

Under compatibility there should be a settin. (Disable Dpi scaling on high dpi displays)steam-properties.png