H100i gtx vs H100i v2.

I have been looking into upgrade my new pc to a h100i gtx. But when I was about to buy it newegg and Amazon showed me a newer model, the h100i v2. 

What are the differences between the two?

h100i gtx

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SV7IEJI/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awd_DF3RwbZT1KDMB

h100i v2 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019EXSSBG/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awd_gG3Rwb14N5FAA

is the v2 worth the extra $25?

thanks in advance!

Processor: I7 4790k @ 4.6 ghz

Ram: 32 gb of Avexir DDR3 ram

GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9-390

PSU: 850w corsair RM series

CPU Cooler: H100i gtx

Case: Master case pro 5

Monitor: LG 29UM67P

From looking at the amazon links they don't look like they are much different if at all. I recently bought and installed the h100i GTX and can say that it was very good after upgrading from a h60. Not sure if I really helped that much but I'm not sure that they would really make much different between them. 

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

They seems to be very slightly different iterations of the same product. The product codes are extremely similar, and the H100i V2 isn't actually on Corsair's site. I would go for the H100i GTX, it seems like the v2 may just be an earlier revision of the GTX.

I think they are just different revision of the same product, I have used the H100i GTX before and it performs very well so I would go with that.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero | Intel Core i7 6700K NZXT Kraken X61 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2x MSI GTX 970 | 250GB SSD Corsair RM1000x

I upgraded my little H60 to the H110i and when stressing at 4.6/4.7 the temps rarely eclipse 70 degrees. I would utilize a high quality thermal paste when installing instead of the stock stuff. but for the extra 25 you most certainly cant go wrong

ugh just saw that you were asking about the h100i not the 110. my post might not help, but i would always recommend the updated versions of any product if coming from a lower tier. the updates/improvements may seem minimal but if a product was updated or upgraded usually theres a reason for it

Chief of the Red Hands multi-gaming group

2 hours ago, Jaad said:

I upgraded my little H60 to the H110i and when stressing at 4.6/4.7 the temps rarely eclipse 70 degrees. I would utilize a high quality thermal paste when installing instead of the stock stuff. but for the extra 25 you most certainly cant go wrong

ugh just saw that you were asking about the h100i not the 110. my post might not help, but i would always recommend the updated versions of any product if coming from a lower tier. the updates/improvements may seem minimal but if a product was updated or upgraded usually theres a reason for it

I have mx4. Would that be better than the stock paste? 

Processor: I7 4790k @ 4.6 ghz

Ram: 32 gb of Avexir DDR3 ram

GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9-390

PSU: 850w corsair RM series

CPU Cooler: H100i gtx

Case: Master case pro 5

Monitor: LG 29UM67P

tim comparisons

I use the above link for comparing thermal pastes, and the mx4 has above average cooling. but one tidbit i heard is that the set time for it can be rather long. I cant vouch for that as the paste i use is the noctua version (which has comparible effects) but i noticed the burn in to be about 6-12 hours depending on how much stressing im doing after application. 

Honestly I dont think you can go wrong with it, but do keep an eye out on the temps as at first it will seem high, but after the bake in the temps will start to lower until it reaches its level off point. I asked the same question when i started tinkering with pastes and special cooling and got mixed results. but since using the 3rd party brands i have noticed lower temps. especially so with my old r9 290x. (it is the his hybrid with the aio water block) temps were at 80-90 on avg for gaming, and when i built the core for my new pc i swapped the paste and now it never goes above 60. 

Chief of the Red Hands multi-gaming group

• 3 months later...