Old Design?

LittleCarrot
Go to solution Solved by loganryan99,

Making the old design compatible with the new back end would honestly be a huge waste of time -  my focus should be on making the new design better instead.

As for the theme you posted, that's also incompatible. We've made so many changes to the front end to support our custom features (advrep, awards, best answer, etc.) that 3rd party IPS themes (and even the stock IPS theme) are just not compatible. 

That doesn't mean that we're leaving your problem unaddressed - I have been working on updates and improvements to the new forum non stop since release. Obviously we're getting a TON of feedback and it's hard to address everything immediately, but if you have suggestions on how to improve the new design please let me know :) 

+1 I agree, bump.

TheGrim123321

CPU: I3-4170Cooler: Hyper TX3Mobo:Biostar B85MGMemory: G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4GBStorage: Barracuda 500GBGPU: Zotac GTX660Case: Fractal 1100PSU: Evga 500WMonitors: FHX2153L 21.5"│V193WEJb 19"Keyboard/Mouse: CMStorm DevastorAudio: MonoPrice 8323Microphone: BlueYeti BlackoutOS: MSX(Win10) Quote me or @TheGrim123321 to get my attention.

Even stock IPB4 design would be impossible. Too much custom stuff made for this.

What are the features you are lacking?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It's not possible - the back end is completely different. 

What about the old themes did you prefer? 

HTTP/2 203

17 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

As you can see there was another thread about this, i found a theme that would allow this: https://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/7682-ips-classic/ 

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

20 minutes ago, Speedyv said:

Embrace the new!

Agree! I like the new looks. :)

5 hours ago, LittleCarrot said:

As you can see there was another thread about this, i found a theme that would allow this: https://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/7682-ips-classic/ 

That would still require much work. As I stated before, this forum isn't running stock IPB4. It has many custom and purpose built features. Making stock-like theme would had to be done in-house.

I ask again, what features you are missing? Or just blue-sih stock look?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

Making the old design compatible with the new back end would honestly be a huge waste of time -  my focus should be on making the new design better instead.

As for the theme you posted, that's also incompatible. We've made so many changes to the front end to support our custom features (advrep, awards, best answer, etc.) that 3rd party IPS themes (and even the stock IPS theme) are just not compatible. 

That doesn't mean that we're leaving your problem unaddressed - I have been working on updates and improvements to the new forum non stop since release. Obviously we're getting a TON of feedback and it's hard to address everything immediately, but if you have suggestions on how to improve the new design please let me know :) 

On 2/1/2016 at 2:29 AM, colonel_mortis said:

It's much simpler and quicker to navigate IMO.

Everything was right there and the slow animations that we have now were just simple and quick, nothing fancy but it worked the best.

Does this mean we dont currently have a "Dark" theme? Im not really a fan of the super bright everything.. 

I am whatever I am. 

Just now, N3rot0xin said:

Does this mean we dont currently have a "Dark" theme? Im not really a fan of the super bright everything.. 

In the THEME dropdown in the page footer, you can switch to the night theme (it's in the same place as it was on the old forum).

HTTP/2 203

Just now, N3rot0xin said:

Look at the bottom of the site.

- Albert Einstein

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

In the THEME dropdown in the page footer, you can switch to the night theme (it's in the same place as it was on the old forum).

1 minute ago, LittleCarrot said:

Look at the bottom of the site.

You know what.. it is. I was looking around in profile settings and such. My bad. 

I am whatever I am. 

On 11/02/2016 at 11:16 PM, Cat :^) said:

Where has the Preview button gone? I cri evy tim.

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

Just now, ★ Coups ★ said:

Where has the Preview button gone? I cri evy tim.

The idea is that the editor should match what the post will look like when it's submitted. When do you want to use the preview button with the new editor?

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

The idea is that the editor should match what the post will look like when it's submitted. When do you want to use the preview button with the new editor?

Good point. But it is still a nice feature because sometimes when pasting an image it might take up the entire screen, or a spoiler may be inputted wrong by t he user and you cant tell until you post it.

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

1 hour ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

Good point. But it is still a nice feature because sometimes when pasting an image it might take up the entire screen, or a spoiler may be inputted wrong by t he user and you cant tell until you post it.

Spoilers can be entered using the eye button on the editor, and I'm not sure what a preview view has to do with images.

It would be nice to have, but it's not very easy to add, and it doesn't add very much, so will therefore not be added.

HTTP/2 203

I fint it hard to get a overview over the topics I've posted in. And I really would love to see some stats as "views" and such on my topics. Not sure if this already is here, but I'm having a hard time finding my topics I've posted in.

Othervise, I like the new design.

Current Build Logs : ~ "The Future is Back" ~ "NES, The Little Beast" ~

z170l || i5-6600k || Noctua something cooler || 2x16gb ddr4 || msi 1050ti superlowprofile || hdplex 260w psu

1 hour ago, Noxz said:

I fint it hard to get a overview over the topics I've posted in. And I really would love to see some stats as "views" and such on my topics. Not sure if this already is here, but I'm having a hard time finding my topics I've posted in.

Othervise, I like the new design.

Hover over your name and click "find content". You can then filter by topics - https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/72836-noxz/?do=content&type=forums_topic&change_section=1. Views are displayed on that page.

HTTP/2 203

Hard to find it, it would never had been found if it werent for that link. Thanks :D

Current Build Logs : ~ "The Future is Back" ~ "NES, The Little Beast" ~

z170l || i5-6600k || Noctua something cooler || 2x16gb ddr4 || msi 1050ti superlowprofile || hdplex 260w psu

On 2/11/2016 at 3:16 PM, Cat :^) said:

pls member titles and about me on the first tab so people actually look at it :P 

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

On 2/16/2016 at 1:54 AM, Octavialicious said:

pls member titles and about me on the first tab so people actually look at it :P 

It is not possible in this current forum software.

- Albert Einstein

12 minutes ago, LittleCarrot said:

It is not possible in this current forum software.

Member titles would be. Admins just decided that they aren't constructive and lead to more problems than worth the trouble.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv