reply box problems

Charger

Ok I'm not sure if this should really go here or not but I was running into a bit of a problem which resulted in me wasting about 30 minutes just trying to make a single simple post. What was happening was that when ever I would go to replay or quote someone it would being a reply I had already made into the reply box. Now this wasn't really a problem if it was at least adding the new quotes to it but that was not the case. I finally figured out that I had to click in the reply box then click the multi quote button to get that to finally add the quotes and to delete the old quote I had to ctrl right click to remove it (which is not a very easy to figure out, I think the code view would have been nice to fix that with). 

It was still doing it after I was able to post by removing the old stuff although it seems to have finally stopped possibly because I posted again with quotes in it.  So basically the editor was storing an old reply I could not remove things from it to fix it. I tried signing out and back in, closing my web browser, refreshing many times and it just kept doing it and finally stopped after 2 or more posts. I'm not sure what caused it or if I can recreated it.

Old posts being saved in the editor is a "feature" (though it's not supposed to save after you've already submitted the post). We, and the forum software developers, recognise that it's not great, and there should be some considerable usability improvements coming in the next few months. Until then, you're going to have to either Ctrl+Right Click or click the move button to remove quotes.

We would like to have a code view as well, but it's not possible with the forum software unfortunately.

HTTP/2 203

16 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Old posts being saved in the editor is a "feature" (though it's not supposed to save after you've already submitted the post). We, and the forum software developers, recognise that it's not great, and there should be some considerable usability improvements coming in the next few months. Until then, you're going to have to either Ctrl+Right Click or click the move button to remove quotes.

We would like to have a code view as well, but it's not possible with the forum software unfortunately.

ya I assumed it was saving things in case you start typing something then there is a problem however it keeps saving them after posting some times. I have seen a few other people talking about the problem and I have had it happen a few more times myself.