Loop planning, many questions

Torna

Jid and W-L They do not have screws in them at all.  I have not mounted them because the case is horizontal I have been able to set things while I assembled the loop and since it keeps being so....eventful I have yet to do that.

Those are hardly in....the may be set there but I didn't want things to roll around.  I was very careful about size they might actually be a tad small and the official screws are a mile long :P

In any case, it might be time to drain the loop and take apart the reservoir that's leaking. Monsoon is pretty responsive. Double check that it is indeed leaking from one of the mounting holes and then shoot them an email. 

Build Log - Liquid Black Fury

Monsoon is the best customer support ever.  Just got the part...things may work this time :) Suddenly very depressed I work this weekend.

*cue celebration music* 

Leak freaking free....!!  I get to game on something with more computing power than a toaster again!  
Ok....so....how long do I need to leak test?  What do I need to do that I haven't thought of before happily gaming the hours away?

I let mine leak test for over 12 hours. Some say 24, but I got impatient and fired it up and kept an eye on it while running some stress tests to check temps. 

Build Log - Liquid Black Fury

4 hours ago, Torna said:

*cue celebration music* 

Leak freaking free....!!  I get to game on something with more computing power than a toaster again!  
Ok....so....how long do I need to leak test?  What do I need to do that I haven't thought of before happily gaming the hours away?

Usually as mentioned 12-24 hours is good, once you get thing all booted up check your temps to make sure everything looks reasonable. 

So I have a fitting that is dripping very very slowly but only when the pump is off from between my compression and angle fitting.  So do I just need to tighten the compression or....what?

11 minutes ago, Torna said:

So I have a fitting that is dripping very very slowly but only when the pump is off from between my compression and angle fitting.  So do I just need to tighten the compression or....what?

If it's between the fitting and angled piece try to tighten it more. 

So I am closing everything up on this thing and I noticed there are a ton of little bubbles in my res'....I have been moving things around alot (I will be glad when the heavy lifting part is over) so is that just me shaking things up or something else?

3 minutes ago, Torna said:

So I am closing everything up on this thing and I noticed there are a ton of little bubbles in my res'....I have been moving things around alot (I will be glad when the heavy lifting part is over) so is that just me shaking things up or something else?

Those will work their way out over time and including small ones in tubing around the loop, that can take a week or so for all of it to disappear, giving it a shake and working them to the top of the res can speed things up.

To Linus on the subject of painted fans....
But they look so good Linus!20160327_184316.thumb.jpg.3ea22c9767c919