Loop planning, many questions

Torna

A Core X9.  This is part $$ and part tube runs.  

DSC_6956.jpg

The open area past the mobo tray is going to get a piece of acrylic that I will screw my tube res' to it horizontally...then I will pass a tube below to the rad that will be setup like that one....then up to the CPU, then to the GPUs connected by a bridge then to the second res and back across to the first.

I think that makes for some really clean lines and look really great.

The only place I can think of for a second rad is the top.  Which just seems like it generally adds at least $100 to the whole thing and totally f's up the lines. 

6 minutes ago, Torna said:

-SNIP-

I believe you can fit another rad on the other side of that case with the rad at the bottom if you really wanted more but with a 480mm rad it would be sufficient for the CPU and dual GPU loop. Also were you able to finally get that pump free. 

I did get the pump apart (yay) and currently have one put together so I can figure out sizes and get the acrylic ordered like I want.

Part of the reason I am stuck about where to stick a second rad....I would stick it on the other side....that is where the HDD/SSD cage is and the PSU is.

4 minutes ago, Torna said:

I did get the pump apart (yay) and currently have one put together so I can figure out sizes and get the acrylic ordered like I want.

Part of the reason I am stuck about where to stick a second rad....I would stick it on the other side....that is where the HDD/SSD cage is and the PSU is.

That's good, a lot of wrenching on it to get that thing off? As for the rads say if you were to do a top rad in the rear side of the case it might work if your cable to get a crossflow rad so the loop has the fluid for example go to the CPU then GPU to the top crossflow rad where the fluid exits from the front side of the case and with a tubing run straight down into the basement. 

2 minutes ago, Torna said:

Ok...so....how easy is it to paint a rad?

Not too hard as long as you leave the fins untouched, It's usually best to mask off the fins to not get paint on them since it can affect the cooling performance slightly. MNPC has a good guide or overview on it just be sure to also not let paint get inside the rad by plugging the ports:

So I guess the question I should have asked awhile ago....will a second rad make things alot cooler?

3 minutes ago, Torna said:

So I guess the question I should have asked awhile ago....will a second rad make things alot cooler?

With a single 480mm rad it will provide ample cooling but if your planning on doing very heavy overclocks an extra rad wouldn't hurt and provide dead silent cooling while at full load. I personally went a fair bit overboard with my own with a 360 and 240 rad for a single CPU and GPU but it allows me to keep fans <700rpm when at load. 

So....is there a way to "cable manage" tubing?  I want soft tubing to do something specific.

16 minutes ago, Torna said:

So....is there a way to "cable manage" tubing?  I want soft tubing to do something specific.

Not completely you can have it follow it's natural curve when it was coiled up during the installation, I have seen some clamps for hoses that can help if needed but aren't as common.

So....

A 360 rad

A 480 rad 

CPU Block

2 GPU Blocks

2 150mm res'

2 Liters is enough fluid.....right?

And are motherboard sizes standard?  The GPU bridge says....

For use with motherboards with PCIe x16 slots 40.6mm (1.6") apart!

6 hours ago, Torna said:

So....

A 360 rad

A 480 rad 

CPU Block

2 GPU Blocks

2 150mm res'

2 Liters is enough fluid.....right?

And are motherboard sizes standard?  The GPU bridge says....

For use with motherboards with PCIe x16 slots 40.6mm (1.6") apart!

2 liters should be good for all of that with some extra depending on rad thickness. As for spacing yes they are standardized so you can count via the number of slots. 

28 minutes ago, Torna said:

Am I seeing this right are there places for LEDs in 

http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-supremacy-evo-cpu-water-block-nickel-plexi.html

And Monsoon fittings should play nice with EK waterblocks...right?

Yes they would be fore individual 3mm or 5mm LED's. As for Monsson fittings they will not be an issues as long as they are not those silver plated ones since you have nickel blocks in the loop. 

21 hours ago, Torna said:

Those are not a problem however I would recommend to get the 3/8"ID 5/8"OD thick walled stuff as it doesn't easily kink compared to the thin stuff. 

So stupid question....

How do I mount my rad in the side like this...

DSC_6956.jpg

The screws I got are like 26 mm for my 25 mm wide fans.  The supports the show don't fit with the screw length.  I can either get the fans on the supports or the rad....not both.  I have other screws that are tiny but that only helps if I had something on the other side to screw it to....there is nothing.

This is the rad I am working with...

500x1000px-LL-0a8229b8_2vm6oht.jpeg

3 hours ago, Torna said:

So stupid question....

How do I mount my rad in the side like this...

The screws I got are like 26 mm for my 25 mm wide fans.  The supports the show don't fit with the screw length.  I can either get the fans on the supports or the rad....not both.  I have other screws that are tiny but that only helps if I had something on the other side to screw it to....there is nothing.

This is the rad I am working with...

If your planning on mounting fans between the case and rad you will need slightly longer screws usually around 30mm to go through the case, fan and into the threaded portion of the rad.

So question before I put things together and end in an epic fail....my plan to go between my horizontal is to use 90 degree fittings to go up first before going over and down....will this work?  Or am I doomed? 

26 minutes ago, Torna said:

So question before I put things together and end in an epic fail....my plan to go between my horizontal is to use 90 degree fittings to go up first before going over and down....will this work?  Or am I doomed? 

You mean that tube near the top left there that goes from the bottom rad to the top via a 90degree fitting?

No I mean I have a tube res with an end cap with side ports that point straight up and another tube res next to it with an end cap with side ports pointing up....can I get water to flow between the side ports?

3 minutes ago, Torna said:

No I mean I have a tube res with an end cap with side ports that point straight up and another tube res next to it with an end cap with side ports pointing up....can I get water to flow between the side ports?

As long as they are below the waterline running a line between the two can have it automatically level itself. Do you have a photo of the setup?

Ok there is the picture to show you what I mean....

20160304_182739.jpg

Just now, Torna said:

Ok there is the picture to show you what I mean....

Oh yeah that will work as long as below the fluid level it will self level between the two reservoirs. 

So currently not pleased....I have two 980Ti SC+ that I need to put my EK waterblocks on....these would be the cards I painted the backplates on...the screws for the EK block don't allow for the backplate :S