Loop planning, many questions

Torna

So yeah....1 day later....still stuck.  Anyone know He-Man?

29 minutes ago, Torna said:

So yeah....1 day later....still stuck.  Anyone know He-Man?

If you have a pair of channel locks very carefully try to break it loose, not sure what to really say about this never had a lock ring not come off of a pump before. :/

Will look for those...have tried a belt wrench....it even bested a guy at Home Depot just yanking on it.  My next idea is to try taking it to work and see if one of them is stronger than me.  So far I have a pump I can't use.

9 minutes ago, Torna said:

Will look for those...have tried a belt wrench....it even bested a guy at Home Depot just yanking on it.  My next idea is to try taking it to work and see if one of them is stronger than me.  So far I have a pump I can't use.

The only other thing I could think is they possibly glued it for some random reason either warranty purposes or some other point. It would be a pain if they did though since it was basically designed to be upgradable or changeable. 

Loc-Tite has occurred to me.....I hoped not but it has....I need this ring off....I got the D5 cap like you suggested for the MMRS.

So they promised they didn't glue it but two channel locks later all I have managed to do is score the plastic.....I want my freaking pump!

2 minutes ago, Torna said:

So they promised they didn't glue it but two channel locks later all I have managed to do is score the plastic.....I want my freaking pump!

I have no idea what to say to that then, first time I've heard of a pump stuck to the housing, do you have a photo of it. I'm not really sure what can be done at this point. 

Performance PC said they had heard of it but offered the same get pliers idea.....then said at least the O ring is totally working....I was not amused. 

20160210_224418.jpg

9 minutes ago, Torna said:

Performance PC said they had heard of it but offered the same get pliers idea.....then said at least the O ring is totally working....I was not amused. 

Well I guess you would need to look on the bright side of things for a situation like this but it looks normal to me.

Honestly I have consider very carefully cutting it off....all I want and need is the pump.

6 minutes ago, Torna said:

Honestly I have consider very carefully cutting it off....all I want and need is the pump.

Well if you really want to I guess it's possible if your very carefully to cut the ring and gently pry but if you do just take very small nibbles or cuts into it. Only other thing I can think of stepping up to is a pipe wrench if you want to try.

So if you were going to take it somewhere and say "please get this thing off" where would you take it?

Have you tried sticking a screwdriver though one of the ports to hold it steady and then use an oil filter wrench on the other end?  

Build Log - Liquid Black Fury

So I ask again....

So if you were going to take it somewhere and say "please get this thing off" where would you take it?

So I ask again....

Possibly a plumber but if your going to want to cut it off I would probably do it myself. 

1 hour ago, Torna said:

So I ask again....

An auto mechanic. 

Build Log - Liquid Black Fury

This is going to sound really mean, and I don't mean it as such, but are you sure you're twisting it the correct direction?

I've never had a pump be that difficult to take apart.

No cutting required....  :D *insert I got it apart dance here* :D

So I have the MMRS Monsoon tube res with a tube res....with a D5 mount that has a side port....can I block that port with no problems?  And is there a way get a MMRS tube res with the D5 cap without a D5 in it?

So I have the MMRS Monsoon tube res with a tube res....with a D5 mount that has a side port....can I block that port with no problems?  And is there a way get a MMRS tube res with the D5 cap without a D5 in it?

For any extra ports yes, since it's a pump res combo make sure it's not the pump output port though. As for just a solid cap you can get something like this:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/monsoon-mmrs-solid-end-cap-black.html

6 minutes ago, Torna said:

Yeah but you said I should only get the one pump and I so I have one complete tube with a D5 cap on it and I want one the other tube though pump-less 

http://www.performance-pcs.com/monsoon-modular-reservoir-system-parts/monsoon-mmrs-d5-motor-mounting-cover-white.html

Just because I want them to look the same.

Yes because you wanted a pump/res combo unit, if you can get the cap on the right there separately then it will match:

m2-mmt-wc-rd-03_2.jpg

W-L....with the setup you know I am looking at would you go with one rad or two?

Just now, Torna said:

W-L....with the setup you know I am looking at would you go with one rad or two?

What case are you putting this all in again? A single 480mm rad that was mentioned before will work well for everything, but it doesn't hurt to have a little more if your going to absolute dead silence.