Modifying CSS of IPBoard to show squre user pictures.

silentmelodies

In the file https://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/css_built_2/341e4a57816af3ba440d891ca87450ff_framework.css.89c67267793e37145f2b0734d7e9f586.css

Can you please comment out the 9651th line, under the class CSS ipsUserPhoto {}

.ipsUserPhoto {
    background: transparent;
    vertical-align: middle;
    display: inline-block;
    line-height: 1px;
    position: relative;
    margin: 2px;
/* border-radius:5px; */
    overflow: hidden;
}

So that user photos around the forum are nice and square? The border-radius looks hideous, and breaks user pictures with borders like mine, cutting off the corners.

LWSJPU9.png

So instead of this

yFsmbsB.png

It looks like this

6bia623.png 

Thanks.

Lenovo/IBM ThinkPad T61 Widescreen 15.4" 1680x1050
Intel Core2Duo T8300 2.4GHz | 3GB DDR2 from Hynix | SATA II Patched bios (Middleton) | Samsung EVO 850
Arch Linux | Linux 4.3.X x86_64

The corners have been intentionally rounded. While it doesn't work so well with your picture, it works with most people's, and fits with the design of the site better IMO.

HTTP/2 203

11 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

The corners have been intentionally rounded. While it doesn't work so well with your picture, it works with most people's, and fits with the design of the site better IMO.

I don't see how it fits the design better. The corners on everything else are perfectly square its just the avatars that are rounded.

Oh and on the topic of avatars is there no way to have non-square avatars anymore? There are a few people who had gifs in rectangular aspect ratios and now they are stretched and look really bad.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

It always was a bit buggy that you could have rectangular pictures in the first place. If people reupload their pictures, it should fix the distortion.

HTTP/2 203

10 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

It always was a bit buggy that you could have rectangular pictures in the first place. If people reupload their pictures, it should fix the distortion.

I noticed my avatar was distorted when I first got on after the upgrade so I reloaded thinking it would fix it as it may not have migrated correctly and viola! its fixed.   

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

So you will not comment out 1 line in a CSS stylesheet and push it to the server?

Lenovo/IBM ThinkPad T61 Widescreen 15.4" 1680x1050
Intel Core2Duo T8300 2.4GHz | 3GB DDR2 from Hynix | SATA II Patched bios (Middleton) | Samsung EVO 850
Arch Linux | Linux 4.3.X x86_64

8 minutes ago, silentmelodies said:

So you will not comment out 1 line in a CSS stylesheet and push it to the server?

No, at this stage it will not be changed

I personally thing a border-radius of 50% is always a nice contrast the the modern design you've implemented, but square is too close to the old one. Square with rounded corners seems like a middle-ground, but I agree that it's rather odd.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono