Again a price bump in DDR3

Cassist

Again the DDR3 prices (in Holland at least) have risen, and I'm not talking about some euros, but almost $30,- for a simple 16g 1866mhz and up to $40,- for the more expensive dimms. On the interwebz I found this article: http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/13/09/04/1727238/fire-at-hynix-fab-may-bump-dram-prices?utm_source=rss1.0mainlinkanon&utm_medium=feed

though I am not sure whether this is the cause for this tremendous rise in price.

Is it also this bad in other countries??

You can either agree with me, or be right.

Prices needed to be hit with potato! (CoolBeans)

Seriously, that means that DDR4 is coming soon!

I'm excited for DDR4 :). When i bought my 4x4 1600mhz G.skill sniper kit, it was 90 bucks. God, RAM has gotten expensive  :blink:

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Whats so special about ddr4?

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Lower latencies and faster timing for DDR4, it's going to go up to 16GB a stick also

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

they are raising prices for no reason

Prices needed to be hit with potato! (CoolBeans)

Seriously, that means that DDR4 is coming soon!

For DDR4 is it going to have a different slot or will still be the same?

Quote me to get a reply!

i ma not sure, but here is more info.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/51342-gskill-ddr4-ram-with-speeds-of-4266-mhz-unveiled-11-12v/

Prices have been dropping on Amazon US. And DDR4 looks very interesting... will greatly benefit APUs

Whats so special about ddr4?

DDR4 will be in general better than DDR3 it will have lower latancy and be MUCH faster than DDR3 and it will boost apu preformance by a lot.

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

Just remember guys, DDR4 is going to be very expensive when it arrives. No point having it until some time has passed. There's not even boards available that could support ddr4. And the situation is unlikely to change until new Intel CPU's are released.

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

It's because of fires in one of the main factories. There wasn't serious damage though so it won't stay up long.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

they are raising prices for no reason

The prices went up over the Year, because of the bad PC sales.

While Gaming PC sales went up the Office Pc sells are incredible low so they have to make the Prices higher.

I bought Last Year 8Gb for 30€ now its 64€ :(

RTX2070OC 

The prices went up over the Year, because of the bad PC sales.

While Gaming PC sales went up the Office Pc sells are incredible low so they have to make the Prices higher.

I bought Last Year 8Gb for 30€ now its 64€ :(

Prices were extremely low because overstock.

With haswell-e using a different chipset(X99) with LGA 2011-3, chances are DDR4 will not be using the same structure as DDR3. Even if it did, I highly doubt DDR3 will work on DDR4

CPU Intel i7-4770k @4.4Ghz Motherboard ASUS Maximus VI Hero RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 16GB GPU MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G Case Corsair 760T Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB + 2x WD Black 1TB PSU Corsair AX860 Display(s) AcerXB1, QNIX QX2710                         Cooling Corsair H105 Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red + Red LED Mouse Logitech G700s Sound Beyerdynamic MMX300

I do not see DDR4 using the same slot because of bandwidth issues and the fact that they changed the slot between DDR2 and DDR3. Athough, I do expect DDR4 to be about $15 a Gig. The reason I believe this is because it will be a new standard of making memory modules and the manufactures have to get their money back from buying the new machines. So, a year or two after DDR4 has been widely adopted I expect lower prices.

Back from the dead....

Not seen any price rises in the UK yet. 

dude i don't think our ram prices can get any higher..... 

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

DDR 4 is not expected to hit the consumer market until Skylake, which is 2 years from now unless AMD can beat them to the punch (still don't expect decent availability of DDR4 before 2 years), so I'm guessing it's all about that Hynix fire, I believe reports of a 10% increase in RAM prices were being reported about an hour after the news broke out.

Luckily they managed to get back into the production of DRAM but they're probably not running at their full capability and DRAM modules where in such high demand compared to the amount that was being produced that a few days of diminished production means a lot to the market, especially when it's as large a manufacturer as Hynix..

Prices for the Vengenace Corsair 8GB rams in the UK have gone up around £20 over the last year or two.

Corsair 600T | Intel i7-4770K @ 4.4 GHz (1.19v) Corsair H100i | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780  | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Samsung BluRay Reader/Writer

16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz | Corsair HX1050 | Crucial M4 128GB | 2x Samsung 1TB RAID 0 | Asus PA246Q

http://imgur.com/n7fw9z6  Apple Macbook Pro Retina  15inch 2.4Ghz 

dude i don't think our ram prices can get any higher..... 

You are not wrong. 

Prices for the Vengenace Corsair rams in the UK have gone up around £10-20 over the last year or two.

At least £20 over the past year for an 8GB set. But prices haven't risen over the last couple days like some feared.