Exceptionaly low ppd...

Am I missing something here? I just installed folding @ home and I see that I'm getting very low ppd (relative to what I've seen online). What gives?

BETciNX.png

my specs are as follows:

i5 4460

h97 mobo

gtx 960 strix

I apologize in advance for my possible unfathomable ignorance.

~ Luc Luc

CPU folding doesn't give much PPD as GPU folding

Also wait a few hours before seeing PPD, it takes a few hours to see PPD.

Although the display is kinda pointless for me and i just check logs instead.

CPU folding doesn't give much PPD as GPU folding

Also wait a few hours before seeing PPD, it takes a few hours to see PPD.

Although the display is kinda pointless for me and i just check logs instead.

I assumed gpu folding was being used considering it listed my gm206 960. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

~ Luc Luc

I assumed gpu folding was being used considering it listed my gm206 960. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Well if you have a GPU slot used then GPU folding is in use.

Although PPD is pointless from the program there IMO, you can find the PPD yourself from logs.

Just calculate the time per percent done in the logs and use the calculator here

Like use the time difference between 0 percent and 1 percent, etc. 

http://www.linuxforge.net/bonuscalc2.php

Well if you have a GPU slot used then GPU folding is in use.

Although PPD is pointless from the program there IMO, you can find the PPD yourself from logs.

Just calculate the time per percent done in the logs and use the calculator here

Like use the time difference between 0 percent and 1 percent, etc. 

http://www.linuxforge.net/bonuscalc2.php

Thank you for your insight :)

~ Luc Luc

Thank you for your insight :)

Just to clarify, your estimates are out of whack because you have done less than 1% of the wu.

The client doesn't have anything to work with yet, let it do a few percent and see what happens.

Also, remember that you need to use a passkey that meets the requirements to receive QRB 

which makes up a big portion of the overall ppd, especially on gpus.

Mmm I find the client a little off.  It can be close but sometimes a little RNG, especially at the commencement of a new WU and just as it's finishing one so if you look at those moments and base any calcs on that, you're not likely to be in the ballpark.

I find the best place to obtain a true average is to look yourself up on the Extreme Overclockers Database. This gives a daily point count, a moving 24hr average (nothing is more accurate than this) and can be broken down into hours, weeks, etc.

This information is updated every 3hrs.

Here's the link to our team's overview

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=223518

CPU: i7-5960X @ 4.5Ghz MB: Rampage V Extreme GPU: Titan X (self OC) Mem: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @ 3000 PSU: Corsair AX1200i With Green/Black Sleeved Cablemod Cables, Case: Corsair 900D KB: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry Red, Mouse: Logitech G502 + Destructor 2 Mat, Sound: Logitech Z623 Speakers, Display: 2x Samsung BX2440's, Cooling: Corsair H100i on CPU. 5x 140mm Intake fans + 1x 140mm Exhaust.

You have to fold for a little while to get a proper estimate, the number isn't known immediately.

Just to clarify, your estimates are out of whack because you have done less than 1% of the wu.

The client doesn't have anything to work with yet, let it do a few percent and see what happens.

Also, remember that you need to use a passkey that meets the requirements to receive QRB 

which makes up a big portion of the overall ppd, especially on gpus.

I let it run for a while. Now the ppd is much higher :D. Even on the medium setting.

0rKMBbe.png

Thank you for your people for help!

~ Luc Luc

I was about to mention the seemingly low ppd for a 980, just now seeing you have a 960,

guess i solved the riddle. 

Nice that it's working, as someone has already mentioned you can look up stats and 

such over at extremeoverclocking: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/

It isn't a very good indicator to see whether something is acting up or not though, i 

would just use the local client for that. Gpu-z, cpu-z and so forth.

Am I missing something here? I just installed folding @ home and I see that I'm getting very low ppd (relative to what I've seen online). What gives?

BETciNX.png

my specs are as follows:

i5 4460

h97 mobo

gtx 960 strix

I apologize in advance for my possible unfathomable ignorance.

Give it time. The GPU probably isnt doing much right now, but as soon as it does you will get many PPD (60,000+)

Breaking things 1 day at a time