RIVE not posting and no Debug LED

Shindo

Made this post in the wrong section. but here it is:

My rig has a 3930k, 16gb corsair dominator platinum, and direct CU2 780. I'm not getting any post, and no debug LED either. Any ideas what to do?

For all the falsely accused: message me and we can decide how to right all the wrongs that happened to you!

I'm looking at the major corporations, the lying online communities, the government that protects us...

We are HUMANS, not robotic slaves! 

No. This is the correction section. Is everything in this system brand new?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

No. This is the correction section. Is everything in this system brand new?

my previous post was in the wrong section. Everything is new. 

For all the falsely accused: message me and we can decide how to right all the wrongs that happened to you!

I'm looking at the major corporations, the lying online communities, the government that protects us...

Is your RAM two or four sticks?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

is everything plugged in right? 8 pin-24 pin etc?

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Is your RAM two or four sticks?

is everything plugged in right? 8 pin-24 pin etc?

Guessing so. the MOBO port is in for sure because all the fans are spinning. Seeing that you have the same board did you have any difficulties like this?

One of your RAM sticks may be faulty.

One of your RAM sticks may be faulty.

hmm, may that be the reason why the debug LED isn't booting?

Guessing so. the MOBO port is in for sure because all the fans are spinning. Seeing that you have the same board did you have any difficulties like this?

Na it started right up etc, I recently had to move it into my new case, was a little difficult fitting it in at first but no issues on startup again etc, it could maybe be that the debug LED is burnt out/ broken and that the video card is dead maybe, but I'm unsure the likelyness of that happening

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

hmm, may that be the reason why the debug LED isn't booting?

Maybe. But if RAM is the problem, it should be giving a debug reading. Whatever numbers are programmed to appear.

Maybe. But if RAM is the problem, it should be giving a debug reading. Whatever numbers are programmed to appear.

So over the night I took the CMOS battery out (or the watch battery, whatever you want to call it) and it gave me a whole bunch of codes and posted saying something like ROG-1 is updating. After that was done it went to its normal state of having a red CPU LED (the cpu led was red when it gave me that reading too) but no Debug leds. The debug LED wouldn't really make its mind, until the end it kept giving me a 70; which stands for something like PCH DXE is initializing or something. This at least means that all my components are working if it went this far, but I don't know what it meant by something is updating. Any ideas?

Na it started right up etc, I recently had to move it into my new case, was a little difficult fitting it in at first but no issues on startup again etc, it could maybe be that the debug LED is burnt out/ broken and that the video card is dead maybe, but I'm unsure the likelyness of that happening

Taking out the CMOS battery the debug worked. so this should mean that all my components are working (yay) now the problem is getting the board to post and installing windows 8. Maybe I should plug in a keyboard?

The system should still POST without a keyboard. When you turn on your system, do you get any splash screen at all? Or is it just black?

The system should still POST without a keyboard. When you turn on your system, do you get any splash screen at all? Or is it just black?

Hm, I'll check this again. Have there been cases with the iROG update causing problems? I'm pretty sure it's still all black.

Hm, I'll check this again. Have there been cases with the iROG update causing problems? I'm pretty sure it's still all black.

I don't see any when doing a Google search.