Would you rather: Life or death sentence?

Overkilled

Is the prison in sweden?

Then give me the 50 year vacation.

Is the prison in Texas?

Then give me the 50 years I'll buy off a guard and get out in less than a month.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Life. I mean.. I can die anytime I want to but as long as I am alive I can try to escape even if my life was at risk. There is always a chance at least then.

If I was imprisoned in America I would try to get transferred back to the EU, because im my country life sentence means 25 years.

If you do well you get to go even earlier :)

so life sentence for me.

System:
CPU: I7-3610QM @ 2.3 GHz | Motherboard: something with chips | RAM: 8 Gb of something | GPU: AMD HD 7600M | Case: Something made out of plastic | Storage: Toshiba MQ01ABD075 750GB | PSU: something external | Display(s): something glowing | Cooling: jet engine | Keyboard: hama something | Mouse: Logitech something | Sound: Traktor Kontrol S2 as soundcard, AKG K500 Headphones | Operating System: Windoof 10

If I was going to be stuck in jail for the rest of my life, I might as well be dead. No point living that life.

That said, I don't believe someone should get the death penalty for something as murder. Mass killing, yes. Child rapist followed by killing the kid, yes. Single murder, no. Life in prison for that is way over too much too. Jail is suppose to be to "reform" someone, not keep them locked up for ever because you're unwilling to "fix" them.

Trying to be civil, hasn't jail been historically to be a punishment for your crimes? Not necessarily a reform system?

Trying to be civil, hasn't jail been historically to be a punishment for your crimes? Not necessarily a reform system?

It is, and has been that. Apparently though that's a bad thing.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yes but a large number of US Citizens believe that it should be a reform system. Some are more radical in this belief while others are more conservative.

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

Yes and no. Yes, Jail is a punishment, but if nothing is done to rehabilitate the inmates, when they get out, he/she will more than likely just repeat his/her crime again.

This is what the modern(past 100~200 years) jail system is/should be like. But I am aware that this is not the case everywhere though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

If it was here: Life sentence. It's "only" 20 years sentence here, and in a prison that's essentially a mediocre hotel you aren't allowed to leave (and you can start to beg pardon around 15 years).

If in US: Death sentence.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

If it was here: Life sentence. It's "only" 20 years sentence here, and in a prison that's essentially a mediocre hotel you aren't allowed to leave (and you can start to beg pardon around 15 years).

If in US: Death sentence.

He said 100 years; that is a "5 death sentence" verdict.

• Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower
  • MSI Z170 Krait
  • MSI R9 390
  • SeaSonic 650W
  • intel i5 6600k
  • HyperXFury 120GB Boot
  • WD Blue 1TB
  • G.Skill RipJAw DDR4 16GB
  • Cryorig H7
  • Asus VG248QE

"Living is not always alive."