Would you rather: Life or death sentence?

Overkilled

You go to prison for a murder you may (or may not have) commited. You have two options.

Option 1 Death sentence.

Death by Lethel injection, hanging, electric chair (you choose the method)

Option 2 Life sentence.

Sentenced to 100 years in maximum security prison with chance of getting out after 50 years.

Nah, 50 years? I'd rather see my maker.

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

I would choose the life sentence because the thing I fear the most in this world is death as there's nothing after it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I'd say fuck it and just kill me. I really don't fear death.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Life

I am Scofield..

Then again life isnt worth living.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I would choose the life sentence because the thing I fear the most in this world is death as there's nothing after it.

I've actually wondered about this too. Maybe after we die, it's just blank. And it's all black.

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

He said "or may not have committed".  If you're innocent, you have to take those 100 years to plot and exact revenge against all those who screwed you over

Also, I thought there was another guy who did these...? :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I've actually wondered about this too. Maybe after we die, it's just blank. And it's all black.

It's just how it was before you were born.

No, there's just nothing. Imagine a deer dying in the woods because of old age. What do you think happens to it? Nothing, it dies, it doesn't exist anymore and its body decomposes, it's gone forever, that's exactly what happens to every human in the world.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Being in containment for at least 50 years may be one of my worst fears. I would be too changed and too scarred to have to live through that.

No, there's just nothing. Imagine a deer dying in the woods because of old age. What do you think happens to it? Nothing, it dies, it doesn't exist anymore and its body decomposes, it's gone forever, that's exactly what happens to every human in the world.

But that's what we, as humans, can't comprehend. How is there just "nothing"? It can't just end. Just like the Universe. That's a very tricky topic. Is it infinite? If so, how is that even possible? Does it end? If so, what the hell is on the other side?

Thats up to the person's religion and belief

Life

I am Scofield..

Then again life isnt worth living.

That show was soooo good. I have high hopes for the new semi-series 

Life sentence ... cause prisons here are more like 3 star hotels 

Let's agree to disagree

I would choose death in this case. And preferred is probably in an altitude chamber.

BBC Horizon actually made a documentary on what the most humane way to kill someone would be. The documentary was called "How to Kill a Human Being", I think it was.

That show was soooo good. I have high hopes for the new semi-series 

Last season was meh

Also what semi series?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Life because even if i did commit a murder I'm still a minor (under 18) so I can only be held legally until I am 18 after which point I will go to therapy and be supervised by a parole officer for as long as it is needed.

Genesis 2:1|CPU- FX8320E|GPU- Asus R7 250X 2gb|RAM- 16GB Team DDR3 1866mhz|MOBO- Asus Sabertooth 990FX|HDD- WD 1TB|SSD- SD 240GB|PSU- 620w|OS-Win764HP|

Laptops:|Dell Latitude E6320 - CPU: i5-2520M - RAM: 6GB - HDD: 500GB - OS: Win 7 64U|Dell Inspiron 1525 - CPU: Celeron 540 - RAM: 1GB - HDD: 80GB - OS Win 7 32HP|

Being in containment for at least 50 years may be one of my worst fears. I would be too changed and too scarred to have to live through that.

But that's what we, as humans, can't comprehend. How is there just "nothing"? It can't just end. Just like the Universe. That's a very tricky topic. Is it infinite? If so, how is that even possible? Does it end? If so, what the hell is on the other side?

Don't generalize, every human has his own understanding. I stated mine as I am fully capable of understanding that I'm going to more-or-less disappear after I die.

Thats up to the person's religion and belief

No. Religion or "belief" has nothing to do with that. That is what happens to every human, whether you like it or not, whether you accept it or not, whether you believe in it or not, that is what happens and I'm 100% certain of that, I'm not here to argue, I'm just stating facts and you can think of them whatever you wish.

Can you choose how you go?  If I actually did commit the murder I would want to go by firing squad.  No blindfold.. I mean I'm dying anyway, why not see if I have the balls lol

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

Don't generalize, every human has his own understanding. I stated mine as I am fully capable of understanding that I'm going to more-or-less disappear after I die.

No. Religion or "belief" has nothing to do with that. That is what happens to every human, whether you like it or not, whether you accept it or not, whether you believe in it or not, that is what happens and I'm 100% certain of that, I'm not here to argue, I'm just stating facts and you can think of them whatever you wish.

I do agree with you, but religion has everything to do with death. Christianity says that the soul, if you believe and claim you believe in "God/Jesus", will go to heaven and live for eternity in heaven. Or if you sin you will live for ever in Hell. Another example is Hinduism. If you do enough good in your life you will be reunited with "God". Greek Mythology in another example. When you die you will go to the Underworld. You will then be judged by a council and be determined where you will be placed. That is where your soul will live. These are what religions believe. The body does decay. Also you can't be %100 sure. Like you said I don't want to argue either, but no one knows what happens after death for sure.

This thread is going way too deep in thought anyway.

I do agree with you, but religion has everything to do with death. Christianity says that the soul, if you believe and claim you believe in "God/Jesus", will go to heaven and live for eternity in heaven. Or if you sin you will live for ever in Hell. Another example is Hinduism. If you do enough good in your life you will be reunited with "God". Greek Mythology in another example. When you die you will go to the Underworld. You will then be judged by a council and be determined where you will be placed. That is where your soul will live. These are what religions believe. The body does decay. Also you can't be %100 sure. Like you said I don't want to argue either, but no one knows what happens after death for sure.

This thread is going way too deep in thought anyway.

I like talking about this stuff ^^

Well, nobody knows for sure because there's no way to test it. I'm fully aware about Christian beliefs, I went to a Catholic school. (Not because it's catholic, it was just the best school in the region and my parents wanted me to go there simply because of the quality of teaching at that school)

What I said about what happens after death is the most probable scenario of all of the possible scenarios and it's also the most logical one, and I always try to follow logic.

Life Sentence with a twist: I would fight with police officers specifically to get a quick death.

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

Life sentence. I don't need someone else to arbitrarily kill me if I feel it's been going on long enough I'd slash my throat.

-------

Current Rig

-------

If I was going to be stuck in jail for the rest of my life, I might as well be dead. No point living that life.

That said, I don't believe someone should get the death penalty for something as murder. Mass killing, yes. Child rapist followed by killing the kid, yes. Single murder, no. Life in prison for that is way over too much too. Jail is suppose to be to "reform" someone, not keep them locked up for ever because you're unwilling to "fix" them.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro