GTX660 freezing in BF3, Dirt 3, and others.

Ngrungebb91
Go to solution Solved by Ngrungebb91,

Update #2.... Installed 311.06 since I read thats the most stable driver for GTX600 series and still.... freeze... I hope this isnt a hardware issue. Or could it be an issue from Razer Surround?

It was an issue from Razer Surround. I looked it up on the BF3 forums... Thanks all who read and helped lol. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654348597039239/

ITS A REALLY BUGGY PIECE OF SOFTWARE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Help someone please this is getting so frustrating. A few days ago, I was doing fine... No freezing or anything but. I decided to upgrade to the newest drivers for nvidia just to see how it would go. I didn't get a chance to test it since I had to go to school. So shut the computer down for a day... come back... Play BF3, Freezes after like 45 minutes and the sound making a continuous noise. So I read the 320 drivers really werent a hot hit for the GTX660 so I downgraded back down to 314.22. Still freezes.. I don't understand. I just got new awesome Steelseries 4H headphones and installed Razer Surround and my sound iss aweeeeesome, but i cant keep going with it freezing. Can someone help me out here? I'm going to upload the dump files.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7dojxa

Dont worry, the link is safe. The forum wouldnt let me upload .dmp files for some reason.

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

Help someone please this is getting so frustrating. A few days ago, I was doing fine... No freezing or anything but. I decided to upgrade to the newest drivers for nvidia just to see how it would go. I didn't get a chance to test it since I had to go to school. So shut the computer down for a day... come back... Play BF3, Freezes after like 45 minutes and the sound making a continuous noise. So I read the 320 drivers really werent a hot hit for the GTX660 so I downgraded back down to 314.22. Still freezes.. I don't understand. I just got new awesome Steelseries 4H headphones and installed Razer Surround and my sound iss aweeeeesome, but i cant keep going with it freezing. Can someone help me out here? I'm going to upload the dump files.

I would try just totally deleting the drivers then reinstalling

I would try just totally deleting the drivers then reinstalling

Windows 8 automatically installs 320.49. How do I change it from doing that?

EDIT: Nevermind, I did it. I'm going to try it. Can someone help me out with the dump file though?

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

Update #2.... Installed 311.06 since I read thats the most stable driver for GTX600 series and still.... freeze... I hope this isnt a hardware issue. Or could it be an issue from Razer Surround?

It was an issue from Razer Surround. I looked it up on the BF3 forums... Thanks all who read and helped lol. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654348597039239/

ITS A REALLY BUGGY PIECE OF SOFTWARE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!