Razor Stealth or ?

JYoung

Been eyeballing the razor stealth curious if i could crack it open and upgrade the ram and ssd?

but, also curious about other comparable options out there.

Any ideas guys ?

not without voiding the warranty

which is kinda very necessary for a razer product

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Not worried to much about the warranty, just trying too figure out what size ram would be supported by there board and the m2 drive dimensions.

My friend added a M.2 SSD to his, but I'm pretty sure RAM can't be upgraded.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

yea, that's why i'm trying to find someone that's opened one up on youtube or atleast a picture.

There's about three or four unboxing videos on youtube now; with at least one of them cracking it open.  The ram is soldered on; the M.2 looks to be slot upgradable; making the low-end device an option to consider.

Every day this week I've had to stop myself multiple times from purchasing.  I keep reminding myself of the ASUS mystery laptop Linus was flummoxed by in the CES 2016 video - eventually it must hit the shelves - and it was quad core, 32GB of RAM.

but the Razer is soooo purdy!

12 hours ago, OldFart said:

There's about three or four unboxing videos on youtube now; with at least one of them cracking it open.  The ram is soldered on; the M.2 looks to be slot upgradable; making the low-end device an option to consider.

Every day this week I've had to stop myself multiple times from purchasing.  I keep reminding myself of the ASUS mystery laptop Linus was flummoxed by in the CES 2016 video - eventually it must hit the shelves - and it was quad core, 32GB of RAM.

but the Razer is soooo purdy!

yea, but i'm pretty sure it will be obsolete by the time it releases, new chips are coming out in like 6-9 months.

Even if skylake was one gen back, I think the quad core, and the memory footprint greater than 8gb, even on a vapor ware system may be enough to consider.  The only advances in five or six months I would really personally wait for is Nvidia Pascal at the laptop level.  I suspect from a power and thus heat perspective, what I read is promising...

dont regret the razor blade stealth though!

2 hours ago, OldFart said:

Even if skylake was one gen back, I think the quad core, and the memory footprint greater than 8gb, even on a vapor ware system may be enough to consider.  The only advances in five or six months I would really personally wait for is Nvidia Pascal at the laptop level.  I suspect from a power and thus heat perspective, what I read is promising...

dont regret the razor blade stealth though!

I've decided to go ahead and purchase and this time next year get the pascal versions since there will be a nice variety by then especial after CES 2017

I may be close behind you... still waffling.  I love the ultrabook aspect of it; and it could be my daily office driver.

1 hour ago, OldFart said:

I may be close behind you... still waffling.  I love the ultrabook aspect of it; and it could be my daily office driver.

We'll atleast it will make a good auxiliary pc that can drive multi monitors with the core setup.

That way you can pull up research, social media etc. while your doing process intensive task on your main. even watch video.