Has anyone been bullied for tech or being thought of as a nerd?

Clanscorpia

Niggas to scared to bully me, Bully a Techie = equal bad shit you don't want back.

2kool4skool

̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)/̵͇̿̿/'̿

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2kool4skool

̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)/̵͇̿̿/'̿

I don't know how to hack But i tricked this guy into thinking i could "hack". 

Psychological torture 

fucked with his computer to the point he went crazy.

Once you're past high school, people generally stop caring. In regards to your question - No, I was the soccer jock/skater in high school.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Well, no-one I know is going to my high school. Advantages of being smart - IB. But I'm going to try. Thank you :)

Np, same thing happened to me. I stopped being a douche, and over about 8 months (before summer break and a few months after) all the shit cleared up. Sadly, that was senior year :P

I don't know how to hack But i tricked this guy into thinking i could "hack". 

Psychological torture 

fucked with his computer to the point he went crazy.

What did you do? Make IE the default browser xD

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

I'm a nerd and tech geek. I ride Harley's and am a former US Marine. No one will bully me. You just need to know that you love what you do and everyone else can, to put it bluntly, piss off!!! If they don't like me for what I love, that's their problem. Not mine.

It's always a good day if you woke up breathing.

This is only something that could happen to me;

I got bullied to not being nerdy enough.

I entered a 'robotics' class at the school I used to go to. I joined, thinking I'd learn something about robotics... It was just glorified playing with legos. Didn't learn sh*t.

The kids however... Half the class was this 'elite' group with parents that payed for them to get this 'advanced' STEM-oriented education path. Basically it meant they were a year ahead of everyone in maths and sciences, and they got their own separate classes.

The other half was a bunch of airheads who knew how dirt easy this class was and joined to just mess around and be general hooligans.

So, being the 'nerd' I was I thought I'd get along with the nerds. Turns out I've never been so wrong. They were the biggest group of assholes I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. They were the type that thought they were God's gift to STEM. Teacher knew they well so they got off on a lot of bullshit. I'd joke about something tech related, they would correct every little detail about it (because that's how humor works apparently <_<). I'd make a robot that worked well, they'd change the code 'to be helpful' so it wouldn't work right. Since they had a pack mentality about it (i.e. couldn't be reasonable with them because numbers > logic), I'd complain to the teacher. Since the teacher knew them well and was generally incompetent (she a debate teacher who got moved because of a shortage of teachers), she would buy their bullshit.

So basically told them to go f*ck themselves and hung out with the non-nerds. They still found opportunities to generally be a pain in the ass however (hogging all the chargers was a common thing, but they made sure it was only me who didn't have one).

For the first time in my life I actually got along better with the football team than with the nerds. It was this event that taught my younger self intelligence doesn't mean sh*t when it comes to how decent of a person someone is.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

What did you do? Make IE the default browser xD

Put files his desktop 

have it type randomly 

display random messages

open close random things

random shutdowns

etc just the basic usall shit. 

How so? Acting in a defensive manner when multiple people are bullying you should not get you in trouble. If it's hurting your everyday life, you need to do something about it (and not with violence, I might add).

The new trend of "zero-tolerance" policies makes defending yourself in a school impossible.

Verbal fight and you tell the other guy off? You're in trouble too.

Physical fight and you defend yourself (not fight back, just defend) to not get totally messed up? You'll also be suspended.

You basically have to just take it. It's pretty messed up.

This sounds like a post related to high school. High school was a funny time for me. To everyone who didn't know me well, I was the quiet intimidating rich badass. To my friends, I was a kind and quiet lone wolf. I was never bullied, but I sure looked like a bully.

Not really, granted I didn't start getting into tech until CAWLIDGE.

Anyway, OP, either ignore them or surround yourself with other people who like tech. 

Quite the opposite, im always looked to for help and known by one friends parents as "gadget man"

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

classmates call me PC nerd, and I om one of those they come to if it is something PC stuff they wonder about. 

so it is at least one reason people will actually talk to me XD

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

On 27.01.2016 г. at 10:51 PM, QueenDemetria said:

Being a "nerd" was one of the reasons for people bullying me in school, now I just get snarky comments at work. 

I was also bullied for that. When I had enough I stabbed my main bully with a knife in the neck, which almost killed him. I had major problems with the police and school after that but in the end everything got solved and nobody tried to f* with me anymore.

Nowadays I have man up enough to not allow anyone even make comments about my interests.

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

On 27/1/2016 at 9:42 PM, Volbet said:

Been bullied by tech? If you are being pushed around by your GameBoy I think you need some stronger medication.

Or weaker...

I really can't stand to see threads like these where someone talks about being bullied...

It's been practically two decades for me at this point since I endured the hell of my childhood and early teenage years. I went through similar treatment though with a significant amount of it manifesting as physical aspects that I'd rather not digress any further into.

I would advise you to consider that in relation to the total potential span of your life to come that this is a relatively short period, even though it won't feel that way right now - I know. Ultimately these individuals are reacting the way that they are out of fear and mob mentality towards a perceived difference; this is how children are in their nature - indeed the way quintessential human social structure works.

The fact is that you may have merely reached a level of maturity that they have not as yet and indeed some of them may not even be capable of doing so. That or (at the risk of sounding conceited) you are just smarter than they are...

Once (if) you do decide to transition into higher education, the very traits that you feel put you at odds with these individuals right now will instead define you as a leader, a high attainer who will be looked to for help and greatly coveted as a source of popularity. Essentially 'the tables will turn' quite literally.

This is further compounded once you then enter the industry/professional world in the form of a high paying job, generous benefits, a luxurious and relaxing lifestyle; while the human refuse that once tormented your earlier days serve you at the local supermarket checkout or are instead found working in McDonalds and other suitable establishments/institutions worthy of their talents.

These pieces of human garbage do not matter in the overall scheme of things, they despise you for being more than they are right now. They certainly shouldn't be permitted the reward of having any significant impact upon the course of your life whatsoever. They won't reside over your death bed, and they shouldn't be allowed to take any comfort away from it. Ignore them and laugh to yourself as to their most pitiful plight.

These are some of the things that I wish I had someone to say to me when I was in your position. The years dull the pain and yield perspective in it's place yet they can never bring back what's been lost.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I only ever got picked on for wearing glasses and being white.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

On 1/27/2016 at 4:43 AM, Justin_ said:

Or are you talking about your computer pissing you off?

Yeah bruh, everyday i gotta dodge hundreds of server racks flying at me and make sure that i survive. 

/jk

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),