Has anyone been bullied for tech or being thought of as a nerd?

Clanscorpia

Sorta cant when its nearly everyone in my class. And people hate me for being a nerd and quote 'smartass' (I'm not) but they still depend on my and I'm starting to only help the people who appreciate what I know how to do. And that hate extends from when we are working with tech. They kick me around, spread rumours, and be general trash to me. Even my 'friends' (not anymore) did it. I really do need to find a way to stop all that and show I'm not one to push around. The only other techie in my class is a wannabe and only knows useless programs and websites but he still introduced me to the wonders of PC so :/

If it's everyone in your class... You're the common factor. It is probably something about you. It was a problem with me back then when I had some problems, I just didn't realize it.

Of course I don't know that for a fact.

I was reported multiple times and made an I'm sorry post in the random stuff section.

I remember you \, you impolite guy! Just kidding :P

I don't get why would anyone be bullied because of that.. I don't speak about tech in dumb people groups so I dunno.. It's like being bullied because somebody likes dancing or something.. I don't get it..

Only thing you need to do is to NOT correct everybody all the time and do NOT talk about your hobby when people just know nothing about it..

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

Ohhhhhhh.

You are a nerd. Techie basically is nerd by default. You can be a nerd who likes being outdoors. I hang out in the woods and go skiing and I'm a massive nerd.

Being a nerd is fuckin fun.

I hate being a nerd. It practically says 'I'm weak, come beat me up and make fun of me'

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

I hate being a nerd. It practically says 'I'm weak, come beat me up and make fun of me'

Since when does nerd mean weak?

nerd
nərd/
noun
informal

1. a foolish or contemptible person who lacks social skills or is boringly studious.
    "one of those nerds who never asked a girl to dance"
    synonyms: boreMore

• a single-minded expert in a particular technical field.
      "a computer nerd"

I fall pretty heavily into the 2nd definition, and used to majorly fall into the first.

If it's everyone in your class... You're the common factor. It is probably something about you. It was a problem with me back then when I had some problems, I just didn't realize it.

Of course I don't know that for a fact.

Everyone says I'm annoying but that's basically because it keeps people from really hurting me and its my recoil from being hurt. They avoid me but it also makes the people that like me 'basically all girls and some guys' avoid me for not having many friends. I think the fact my school practically revolves around sports is why but they don't realize I play more sports than they do. They just don't understand what sports mean

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Yep. At least I don't get beat up. I wish the phrase, " sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me" was true. Parents just don't understand.

i like trains 🙂

Since when does nerd mean weak?

nerd

nərd/

noun

informal

• a foolish or contemptible person who lacks social skills or is boringly studious.

"one of those nerds who never asked a girl to dance"

synonyms: boreMore

• a single-minded expert in a particular technical field.

"a computer nerd"

I fall pretty heavily into the 2nd definition, and used to majorly fall into the first.

Same

i like trains 🙂

Everyone says I'm annoying but that's basically because it keeps people from really hurting me and its my recoil from being hurt. They avoid me but it also makes the people that like me 'basically all girls and some guys' avoid me for not having many friends. I think the fact my school practically revolves around sports is why but they don't realize I play more sports than they do. They just don't understand what sports mean

Making a barrier/shell for yourself is immediately easy, but is really shitty in the long-run. Don't do it.

Try to not be a douche. I was one back then for the exact same reason. Bad decision.

Sorta cant when its nearly everyone in my class. And people hate me for being a nerd and quote 'smartass' (I'm not) but they still depend on my and I'm starting to only help the people who appreciate what I know how to do. And that hate extends from when we are working with tech. They kick me around, spread rumours, and be general trash to me. Even my 'friends' (not anymore) did it. I really do need to find a way to stop all that and show I'm not one to push around. The only other techie in my class is a wannabe and only knows useless programs and websites but he still introduced me to the wonders of PC so :/

If this is in School, I would say the best thing to do is go to student guidance or your schools equivalent and report it it.  Speak to the staff about how it is making you feel.  

Case: Corsair Graphite Series 600T CPU: Intel Core i7 - 4770k @ 3.50GHz Motherboard: ASUS Z87-K GPU: GTX 1060 Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB x2

Storage : Samsung 840 Evo 500gb SSD, Misc HDD's Monitors: BenQ GL2450 x2 Mouse: Razer Naga Epic OS: Win10

Laptop: ASUS - X555LA-DM1672T CPU: Intel Core i5 5200U Ram: 8GB Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 500gb SSD 1920x1080 OS: Windows 10/Ubuntu

on a more serious note, yes i do get slagged, particularly for going on these forums. but thats ok. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Yep. At least I don't get beat up. I wish the phrase, " sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me" was true. Parents just don't understand.

It's mostly words I get. Especially 'gay, dumbass, nerd, smartass, bitch, annoying, and stupid'. I also constantly get comments about how I'm always on the computer (I do a lot for the teachers), and they constantly call the class iPad mine. They also spread rumors and lies about me.

Spoiler

AXIOM

If this is in School, I would say the best thing to do is go to student guidance or your schools equivalent and report it it.  Speak to the staff about how it is making you feel.  

From all the recoiling I do I'd be the one getting in trouble

Spoiler

AXIOM

Making a barrier/shell for yourself is immediately easy, but is really shitty in the long-run. Don't do it.

Try to not be a douche. I was one back then for the exact same reason. Bad decision.

It sucks because people who know me outside of school know I'm not that person but a cool, fun, smart, helpful, and really friendly guy. Even my friends at school don't understand thats the real me. Most will never remember when they thought of me as that.

Spoiler

AXIOM

From all the recoiling I do I'd be the one getting in trouble

How so?  Acting in a defensive manner when multiple people are bullying you should not get you in trouble.  If it's hurting your everyday life, you need to do something about it (and not with violence, I might add).

Case: Corsair Graphite Series 600T CPU: Intel Core i7 - 4770k @ 3.50GHz Motherboard: ASUS Z87-K GPU: GTX 1060 Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB x2

Storage : Samsung 840 Evo 500gb SSD, Misc HDD's Monitors: BenQ GL2450 x2 Mouse: Razer Naga Epic OS: Win10

Laptop: ASUS - X555LA-DM1672T CPU: Intel Core i5 5200U Ram: 8GB Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 500gb SSD 1920x1080 OS: Windows 10/Ubuntu

It sucks because people who know me outside of school know I'm not that person but a cool, fun, smart, helpful, and really friendly guy. Even my friends at school don't understand thats the real me. Most will never remember when they thought of me as that.

Be that you at school. It's more awkward for a bit, but it helps a lot in the long run.

There is definitely some jealously from my friends when I mention my tech stuff.

How so?  Acting in a defensive manner when multiple people are bullying you should not get you in trouble.  If it's hurting your everyday life, you need to do something about it (and not with violence, I might add).

Saying mean things back, and most of the teachers at my school don't care and would get me in trouble. The teachers depend on me and would hate me if they found out the way I reacted. The principal and vice especially

Spoiler

AXIOM

Be that you at school. It's more awkward for a bit, but it helps a lot in the long run.

I've tried. People never forget how they think of me

Spoiler

AXIOM

I've tried. People never forget how they think of me

They do. You can't just stop for a day. Or a week. Stop being a douche permanently. 

They do. You can't just stop for a day. Or a week. Stop being a douche permanently. 

I did for a month. They didnt stop

Spoiler

AXIOM

I did for a month. They didnt stop

A month isn't long enough. A year isn't long enough. Stop being a douche. If you don't fix yourself then they will NEVER stop. You'll have to deal with it for 5 more years and hope the habit doesn't follow you to college if you keep it up.

A month isn't long enough. A year isn't long enough. Stop being a douche. If you don't fix yourself then they will NEVER stop. You'll have to deal with it for 5 more years and hope the habit doesn't follow you to college if you keep it up.

They didn't stop as in they just kept doing it when I was trying to be nice. And once I get to college nobody will knoew me so i can be me

Spoiler

AXIOM

They didn't stop as in they just kept doing it when I was trying to be nice. And once I get to college nobody will knoew me so i can be me

THEY WON'T STOP AFTER A MONTH. IF YOU DON'T STOP BEING A DOUCHE YOU HAVE ONLY YOURSELF TO BLAME.

Don't make yourself deal with this for another 5 years.

THEY WON'T STOP AFTER A MONTH. IF YOU DON'T STOP BEING A DOUCHE YOU HAVE ONLY YOURSELF TO BLAME.

Don't make yourself deal with this for another 5 years.

Well, no-one I know is going to my high school. Advantages of being smart - IB. But I'm going to try. Thank you :)

Spoiler

AXIOM

Niggas to scared to bully me, Bully a Techie = equal bad shit you don't want back.