Has anyone been bullied for tech or being thought of as a nerd?

Clanscorpia

I'm just wondering if anyones been bullied from liking tech or being thought of as a nerd? I have, I still am and I can't deal with it because I'll just get in more trouble because of all the things I've said back. I just wanted to know if anyone else is having this problem around here because it seems like other techies have this problem. I know I'm a big techie and like learning, but I'm no nerd. I'm outside more than all my friends and am much more adventurous and outdoorsy with my favourite thing after computers being whitewater kayaking and camping.

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

I'm just wondering if anyones been bullied by tech? I have, I still am and I can't deal with it because I'll just get in more trouble because of all the things I've said back. I just wanted to know if anyone else is having this problem around here

Bullied by tech...? Going to need clarification/an example.

I agree with JoeyDM

Do you mean bullied because you obsess with tech or do you mean do you get bullied by a tech?

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

I mean real people in real life bullying you because you like tech, or people think you are a nerd. That sort of thing

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

"Bullied by tech"  Do you mean tech coming to life and insulting and or assaulting you?

If not, please explain. :P 

Case: Corsair Graphite Series 600T CPU: Intel Core i7 - 4770k @ 3.50GHz Motherboard: ASUS Z87-K GPU: GTX 1060 Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB x2

Storage : Samsung 840 Evo 500gb SSD, Misc HDD's Monitors: BenQ GL2450 x2 Mouse: Razer Naga Epic OS: Win10

Laptop: ASUS - X555LA-DM1672T CPU: Intel Core i5 5200U Ram: 8GB Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 500gb SSD 1920x1080 OS: Windows 10/Ubuntu

Or are you talking about your computer pissing you off?

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

Got bullied a little over my MP3 player., And that my gameboy color was purple. Which was "gay"

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I mean real people in real life bullying you because you like tech, or people think you are a nerd. That sort of thing

Know what to do?  Ignore them and walk away.

Case: Corsair Graphite Series 600T CPU: Intel Core i7 - 4770k @ 3.50GHz Motherboard: ASUS Z87-K GPU: GTX 1060 Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB x2

Storage : Samsung 840 Evo 500gb SSD, Misc HDD's Monitors: BenQ GL2450 x2 Mouse: Razer Naga Epic OS: Win10

Laptop: ASUS - X555LA-DM1672T CPU: Intel Core i5 5200U Ram: 8GB Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 500gb SSD 1920x1080 OS: Windows 10/Ubuntu

I'm just wondering if anyones been bullied by tech? I have, I still am and I can't deal with it because I'll just get in more trouble because of all the things I've said back. I just wanted to know if anyone else is having this problem around here

My over 3 year old laptop is pissing me off every day. My allowance and my parents' money are going to fix that soon. :)

i like trains 🙂

I thought we made it to the age where people envy the techies not bully them?

Do you live amongst hillbillies or sub-humans?

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Who cares

Well.. Wouldn't say it was the main source of the bullying, but it was part of the reason. I still liked playing Nintendo games and other people didn't so yeah. Someone's different.. Must mean we should bully him.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Might want to edit the title/op to make it more obvious what you're asking.

Answer: When I was in middle and high school a little bit. That's okay though, they were the people I actually charged for repairs.

No! You kick em' to the ground and piss on their face!

ASSERT DOMINANCE!

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Nope. I do get some flak for being a PC gamer, however, because I guess my fellow console gamers think that gaming on a PC = PCMR swine.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

No, because everyone is really dependent on your knowledge and most people are happy when you fix their phones/pcs, because they can't :)

System:
CPU: I7-3610QM @ 2.3 GHz | Motherboard: something with chips | RAM: 8 Gb of something | GPU: AMD HD 7600M | Case: Something made out of plastic | Storage: Toshiba MQ01ABD075 750GB | PSU: something external | Display(s): something glowing | Cooling: jet engine | Keyboard: hama something | Mouse: Logitech something | Sound: Traktor Kontrol S2 as soundcard, AKG K500 Headphones | Operating System: Windoof 10

Might want to edit the title/op to make it more obvious what you're asking.

To answer though, when I was in middle and high school a little bit. That's okay though, they were the people I actually charged for repairs.

Ohh, like that. I'm glad to know you're not being robbed of your lunch money by an overgrown Dreamcast.

But no, I have never been bullied by anyone over anyhing. People have tried, but they pretty much stopped as soon as they began.

I pretty much live inside my own head so I'm not fun to bully.

And if they wanted to bully me there would have been plenty of better material than my interst in technology.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

"Bullied by tech"  Do you mean tech coming to life and insulting and or assaulting you?

If not, please explain. :P

This and my other reply. People mock me for liking tech all the time. It sucks and once on this form I went out of control because someone bullied me and I said the following:

You aré just a loser who has no life. R-E-K-T. REKT. Go die in a hole.

I was reported multiple times and made an I'm sorry post in the random stuff section.

i like trains 🙂

Sorta cant when its nearly everyone in my class. And people hate me for being a nerd and quote 'smartass' (I'm not) but they still depend on my and I'm starting to only help the people who appreciate what I know how to do. And that hate extends from when we are working with tech. They kick me around, spread rumours, and be general trash to me. Even my 'friends' (not anymore) did it. I really do need to find a way to stop all that and show I'm not one to push around. The only other techie in my class is a wannabe and only knows useless programs and websites but he still introduced me to the wonders of PC so :/

Spoiler

AXIOM

I know I'm a big techie and like learning, but I'm no nerd. I'm outside more than all my friends and am much more adventurous and outdoorsy with my favourite thing after computers being whitewater kayaking and camping.

Ohhhhhhh.

You are a nerd. Techie basically is nerd by default. You can be a nerd who likes being outdoors. I hang out in the woods and go skiing and I'm a massive nerd.

Being a nerd is fuckin fun.