unRAID WebGUI not Loading

Hi all,

With all the recent unRAID builds flooding the LTT channel, I have been inspired to migrate my existing NAS/Editing/Media Center machine into an unRAID environment with a virtualized primary OS and docker containers for many of my other services currently running within the OS.

To begin the project I purchased the Sandisk Ultra Fit 32gb USB 3.0 drive off of Amazon for the slim form factor and as it is on the validated hardware list for unRAID.  I downloaded a fresh copy of first unRAID v6.1.6 and later v6.1.7 and in both cases after configuration and initial boot, ran into the issue that instead of being dropped into the WebGUI, I get dropped at the command prompt for login into Tower, with the GUI also not being accessible over the network either.  I have looked on the unRAID forum for anyone else experiencing these issues as well as searched the web with no luck thus far.  I decided instead to come to this community to see if anyone had any suggestions to get me going.

Current Hardware Setup:

Motherboard: Asus Z87i-Deluxe

Processor: Intel i7 4770k (Stock)

Ram: Crucial Balistix Sport DDR3L-1600 16gb (2 x 8gb)

Graphics: Gigabyte GTX970 (GV-N970IXOC-4GD)

Primary OS Storage: Samsung 840 Pro (256gb)

Current Storage Pool:

• 3 x Seagate NAS 4tb
  • 1 x Seagate Barracuda 1tb
  • 1 x WD Green 3tb

On serverside are you being dropped on line which reads something like "Tower login: "?

"Where will you ram so much RAM?"

Hi all,

With all the recent unRAID builds flooding the LTT channel, I have been inspired to migrate my existing NAS/Editing/Media Center machine into an unRAID environment with a virtualized primary OS and docker containers for many of my other services currently running within the OS.

To begin the project I purchased the Sandisk Ultra Fit 32gb USB 3.0 drive off of Amazon for the slim form factor and as it is on the validated hardware list for unRAID.  I downloaded a fresh copy of first unRAID v6.1.6 and later v6.1.7 and in both cases after configuration and initial boot, ran into the issue that instead of being dropped into the WebGUI, I get dropped at the command prompt for login into Tower, with the GUI also not being accessible over the network either.  I have looked on the unRAID forum for anyone else experiencing these issues as well as searched the web with no luck thus far.  I decided instead to come to this community to see if anyone had any suggestions to get me going.

Current Hardware Setup:

Motherboard: Asus Z87i-Deluxe

Processor: Intel i7 4770k (Stock)

Ram: Crucial Balistix Sport DDR3L-1600 16gb (2 x 8gb)

Graphics: Gigabyte GTX970 (GV-N970IXOC-4GD)

Primary OS Storage: Samsung 840 Pro (256gb)

Current Storage Pool:

• 3 x Seagate NAS 4tb
  • 1 x Seagate Barracuda 1tb
  • 1 x WD Green 3tb

Well, if you are dropped on "Tower login" prompt then you should be able to access it through web browser with URL of "http://tower"

"Where will you ram so much RAM?"

Well, if you are dropped on "Tower login" prompt then you should be able to access it through web browser with URL of "http://tower"

On serverside are you being dropped on line which reads something like "Tower login: "?

That would be correct I am being dropped at "Tower login:"  However sadly http://tower does not work and nether does //tower:8080 or the direct IP address of the machine on my network using port 8080.  I can however access file://tower and get to the file structure of the SSD formatted in HFS+.  I have also tried booting in safemode and with and without any drives attached. This is hence my confusion, it feels like the GUI webserver has failed to start.  My only suggestion of the issue is that during boot, it lists "usb1_13 failed to load" followed a couple lines later by unable to find a file on the unRAID drive and then a 30 sec countdown waiting for the drive.  I'll try to take an image of these lines when I get home to the machine so I can post and properly quote the error and post it here.

• 7 months later...

So, I wanted to follow up on this and let anyone know that reads it I found the solution over on the Limetech forum.  It turns out that the SanDisk 32gb Ultra Fits and only this size have a known issue running unRAID and it was solely this that was the issue.  The issue can be referenced here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39969.0