Microsoft ports the best software keyboard ever to IOS

AlTech

ioswordflow-24.0.jpg

Microsoft is porting the best software keyboard ever (AKA their WordFlow keyboard) to IOS.

Microsoft is bringing its Windows Phone keyboard to iOS. The software giant is currently testing an early version of the keyboard internally, and will make it available to public testers soon. Sources familiar with Microsoft's plans have revealed to The Verge that the iOS keyboard includes a special one-handed mode.

While the Windows 10 Mobile keyboard also has a one-handed mode, Microsoft's iOS version is different. The one-handed mode works on each side, allowing you to use either hand to swipe letters or type on the go. Microsoft's Windows 10 Mobile keyboard simply shifts to the side to create a compact keyboard, instead of the fanned key layout used in the iOS version.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/25/10829594/microsoft-iphone-keyboard-word-flow-features

YAY! If i used IOS i would be even more excited because the stock Apple keyboard is so bad.

Leave a comment below!

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Ohh awesome :D thanks Microsoft, will certainly check this out

YAY! If i used IOS i would be even more excited because the stock Apple keyboard is so bad.

is it?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

wow thats really nice. ive always liked the keyboard of the windowsphones, but ive always gone back to ios because on WP are literally no apps available.

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

is it?

In my opinion it is.

I love the WordFlow keyboard. it's so freaking awesome and i get to use it all day everyday on my phone (and if i had a windows tablet i would as well).

EDIT: Do you mind trying to enable sounds when you type and tell me if it sounds like windows version does?

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

is it?

No. I've used SwiftKey and stock Android keyboard for years and for whatever reason, the Apple stock keyboard on my mom's 5S knows what I'm trying to type and gets it right 99.99% of the time. Compared to SwiftKey and the stock Android keyboard, we'll let's say I had to edit this twice before I posted it already.

Edit: if you saw my typos, my that's my point.

No. I've used SwiftKey and stock Android keyboard for years and for whatever reason, the Apple stock keyboard on my mom's 5S knows what I'm trying to type and gets it right 99.99% of the time. Compared to SwiftKey and the stock Android keyboard, we'll let's say I had to edit this twice before I posted it already.

that is my experience  too, i have always changed back t the Apple stock one on my iPhone and iPad, it just works and i find it accurate and easy to use

In my opinion it is.

EDIT: Do you mind trying to enable sounds when you type and tell me if it sounds like windows version does?

Any reason why? 

Sure can do 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Any reason why? 

I started using an iPhone in November and the keyboards on iOS are in a weird state (when compared to Android). On Android I used SwiftKey, because it had two dictionaries in one keyboard and I taught it words pretty fast (except fuck, fuck was a bitch to teach). The Apple keyboard doesn't have this and the autocorrect (at least for Romanian) is pretty bad so I just use the English keyboard with autocorrect disabled.

In terms of accuracy the keyboard is great, it works and the keys are spaced out. However, it lacks pretty much anything else (swipe to write, multiple dictionaries in 1 keyboard, decent autocorrect) and still it's the best keyboard on iOS because SwiftKey for iOS crashes a lot.

is it?

nah, as far as stock keyboard are concerned i'd order them like this: ios > android > BB >>> WP

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

nah, as far as stock keyboard are concerned i'd order them like this: ios > android > BB >>> WP

Yeah Its the first ive head somebody not liking the stock iOS keyboard 

I do not like the iOS keyboard at all. Switched to SwiftKey the day it came out for iOS, and I'm very happy with that, except for a few occasions where it's either slow or does not work at all. I I might check the WP one out, though.

It must be mentioned though that I have big hands (among other things) and am very inaccurate on touchscreens. My brother threatened to give me a shirt that says "touchscreen dyslexic" for christmas ...

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I do not like the iOS keyboard at all. Switched to SwiftKey the day it came out for iOS, and I'm very happy with that, except for a few occasions where it's either slow or does not work at all. I I might check the WP one out, though.

It must be mentioned though that I have big hands (among other things) and am very inaccurate on touchscreens. My brother threatened to give me a shirt that says "touchscreen dyslexic" for christmas ...

lmao  :D

We're in the same boat there...

OT: I need this keyboard layout on my phone I have WP8.1.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Yeah Its the first ive head somebody not liking the stock iOS keyboard 

I like the accuracy of it compared to other stock keyboards, but I think swiftkey is better than all the stocks. The stock ios keyboard feels really firm and I love that on swiftkey you can customize how long a long press actually takes. It might also have to do with the fact that I usually use it on a 5/5s and the phone is a bit small for me.

phpgauwi1.jpg

Perfect for small hands like me. I wish it'll come to W10M too. 

It is here already. it is just grey and not white.

It is here already. it is just grey and not white.

I meant that fan out shape. I know WordFlow keyboard has been available since WP8.1. 

iOS has horrible and limited third party keyboard API support. Because of this, it will suck like the rest.

iOS does not have horrible support, 3rd party keyboards simply take to bloating their implementations. 

There are plenty of keyboard available that work just as fast as the stock one because they're written to be lightweight and not abuse RAM they don't even have access to in the first place

i used the stock samsung keyboard and it wasnt the best but then i switched to the google keyboard and i love it

Really hoping this comes to Android soon. I've tried several keyboards for Android and none of them are as good as the Windows Phone keyboard. It's like... the only really good thing about Windows Phone x)

It might also have to do with the fact that I usually use it on a 5/5s and the phone is a bit small for me.

yeah I had to type on my mums 5s the other day, i couldnt hit anything (and I had this phone for 2 years before)

since moving to the 6 I can type so much easier

yeah I had to type on my mums 5s the other day, i couldnt hit anything (and I had this phone for 2 years before)

since moving to the 6 I can type so much easier

I honestly don't like a lot of things apple makes but the 6 is one of my favorites. My only issue is it's too expensive for me to justify.

I honestly don't like a lot of things apple makes but the 6 is one of my favorites. My only issue is it's too expensive for me to justify.

Yeah I always just get my phones on contract so the cost is negligible really, since it deosnt really cost that much more per month

(or at least not an amount that I notice)

Yeah I always just get my phones on contract so the cost is negligible really, since it deosnt really cost that much more per month

(or at least not an amount that I notice)

I was going to do that until I realized I'm paying the full price of the phone over 2 years anyways. I'd end up having to pay 700ish or more per iphone and if my family were to get that, it would be almost 3000 every 2 years. (ridiculous imo for phones)