Mobo Painting

Clanscorpia

Hello, the mobo I'm going to get has red accents on it and there are a few I'd like to Plasti-Dip.

The PCIe clips

RAM DIMM clips

Is this possible? I can survive with the rest by taping it but the other part would be hard to tape. I'll tape them if need be though Thanks!

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

the hell is with people painting motherboards?

ITS A BAD IDEA

either way, tape the fuck out of it, you can make it work

It will be fine. I painted my entire motherboard grey, minus the fan headers and ports I use.

I don't reccoment painting the while thing like I did. You wont be able to sell it after you upgrade :P

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

the hell is with people painting motherboards?

ITS A BAD IDEA

either way, tape the fuck out of it, you can make it work

nah, I mean, its not hard to tape it up, or desolder the pins

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

yes you can paint a mobo, hell no wouldn't recommend it. way to easy to screw something up and will void your warranty if the company found out it was painted. though linus did a video about painting mobos so thats a place to start

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

ITS NOT PAINTING THE SLOT!!!! THERE IS 0 CHANCE I CAN GET IT IN THE SLOTS. THAT PART IS FINE

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

ITS NOT PAINTING THE SLOT!!!! THERE IS 0 CHANCE I CAN GET IT IN THE SLOTS. THAT PART IS FINE

Oopw, caps sorry

Spoiler

AXIOM

Hello, the mobo I'm going to get has red accents on it and there are a few I'd like to Plasti-Dip.

The PCIe clips

RAM DIMM clips

Is this possible? I can survive with the rest by taping it but the other part would be hard to tape. I'll tape them if need be though Thanks!

Painting heatsinks or accents on the board with plasti-dip is not a problem but I do not recommend doing the PCI-E or DIMM slots since plasti-dip will fun them up and require cut lines on masking. it would be a better option to hand paint them or mask and use spray paint. I have a guide here that goes over it under Motherboard and Ram Painting

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/407754-modding-faq-common-mods/

Painting heatsinks or accents on the board with plasti-dip is not a problem but I do not recwant mm end doing the PCI-E or DIMM slots since plasti-dip will fun them up and require cut lines on masking. it would be a better option to hand paint them or mask and use spray paint. I have a guide here that goes over it under Motherboard and Ram Painting

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/407754-modding-faq-common-mods/

I think at this point I'm just going to put black matte hockey tape on them. Thanks though!

Spoiler

AXIOM