Help?

Jenkinsrino

You would have to open it up and find out as I'm not sure about replacement of the CPU. As to the second question, you would have to check the thermal paste to see if it's dried out. If it is, yeah replace it. If not, it might still be worth replacing since the thermal paste might be cheap.

thanks for asking sorry for asking the question again :D

You would have to open it up and find out as I'm not sure about replacement of the CPU. As to the second question, you would have to check the thermal paste to see if it's dried out. If it is, yeah replace it. If not, it might still be worth replacing since the thermal paste might be cheap.

im going to sleep but I'll update the temps and check thermal paste and give it a clean and buy some parts so let's hope for the best!

I think it'll be fine just getting a 64GB SSD then.

also how many sticks of ram can I fit? Is it worth having 8 or 16 I have a 4gb stick and 2 X2 gab sticks but I generally would like to have Spotify YouTube csgo or Minecraft open and Skype what would you suggest for ram

also how many sticks of ram can I fit? Is it worth having 8 or 16 I have a 4gb stick and 2 X2 gab sticks but I generally would like to have Spotify YouTube csgo or Minecraft open and Skype what would you suggest for ram

The maximum amount of RAM that laptop supports is 8GB. So if you wanted to max that out, you would want 4GB*2 sticks.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You can get a cheap 64gb ssd and if the laptop has an SD port, you can get a cheap SD card and put games on that :P

If you get a decent SD card, loading times should be fine.

how could I upgrade my os to 64bit? It's currently a genuine 32bit Windows 7 os... Any way to get wi does 10 64bit without buying it all over again? If I have to buy it is there any cheap keys in places you know?

The maximum amount of RAM that laptop supports is 8GB. So if you wanted to max that out, you would want 4GB*2 sticks.

how is it maximum 8gb O.o isn't there such thing as 2x8? Or just the laptop will bottleneck or just doesn't allow it? And how much ram do you think I will use with Skype Spotify one tab on the Internet and Minecraft or csgo open.

how could I upgrade my os to 64bit? It's currently a genuine 32bit Windows 7 os... Any way to get wi does 10 64bit without buying it all over again? If I have to buy it is there any cheap keys in places you know?

What version of Windows 7 are you using? If you can find a 64-bit ISO of your current version of Windows, that'll work.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

how is it maximum 8gb O.o isn't there such thing as 2x8? Or just the laptop will bottleneck or just doesn't allow it? And how much ram do you think I will use with Skype Spotify one tab on the Internet and Minecraft or csgo open.

The laptop doesn't allow more than 8GB of RAM.

The laptop doesn't allow more than 8GB of RAM.

Thanks for being so patient with me, one last question I had a quick look and it says j can upgrade the gpu.... What's the best gou do you think I could get?

From everything I gather (thanks)

I will upgrade the following

2x4gb ddr3 ram

128gb SSD

Cooling pad for the laptop

Clean the laptop and replace the thermal paste

New gpu and CPU?

Thanks for being so patient with me, one last question I had a quick look and it says j can upgrade the gpu.... What's the best gou do you think I could get?

What source are you using?

What source are you using?

the hp forum I just searched hp 8530p gpu upgrade

is that the best I can hope for? and is it worth it compared to the stock one as I'm just hoping to improve fps on csgo and Minecraft...

It's better than the stock one - as to the best that you can get, I'm not sure, but it may be difficult finding these for purchase in the first place anyways.

It's better than the stock one - as to the best that you can get, I'm not sure, but it may be difficult finding these for purchase in the first place anyways.

very true well I'll look around so thanks for pointing me in the right direction and I'll update you on temps later and hope all the upgrades lead to a usablelaptol once more! Thanks so much this is why I love LTT!

It supports SSDs. But you might be limited to SATAII speeds.

Just started my laptop and heres the tempretures

post-301294-0-24654700-1453669538_thumb.

ill post another in 1-2 hours when its warmed up for comparision i think, is this hot for turning the laptop on 1 minute go?

ill post another in 1-2 hours when its warmed up for comparision i think, is this hot for turning the laptop on 1 minute go?

That is very very hot.

really? 0.0 is this bad, im pancking

Well, almost 80C on one core with that load. That's pretty hot.

That is very very hot.

This is what load would/should look like right? Would a cooling pad do much to the heat? And i'm guessing i get performance drops due to thermal throttling correct?

This is what load would/should look like right? Would a cooling pad do much to the heat? And i'm guessing i get performance drops due to thermal throttling correct?

I'm going to ask you to do something risky. Try running a session of AIDA64 or Prime95 on the laptop and see where the temperatures go. Be ready to close the tests if it starts to overheat.

Clean out the laptop from dust.

I'm going to ask you to do something risky. Try running a session of AIDA64 or Prime95 on the laptop and see where the temperatures go. Be ready to close the tests if it starts to overheat.

Are you sure this is a good idea cause im currently having issues with runnin minecraft in full screen as it crashs the whole computer :\