Help?

Jenkinsrino

Well, how did you apply it?

Temperature sensors.

well a friend came over brought the thermal paste originally suggested and just like applied it onto the CPU and spread it evenly ... U

After we took everything out, every seems fine other than in the picture above on the left most hand side you can see the copper oxidising and yeah :/ temps got kinda higher at 83.... And this time I can't use the function key because of how hot it is

well a friend came over brought the thermal paste originally suggested and just like applied it onto the CPU and spread it evenly ... U

After we took everything out, every seems fine other than in the picture above on the left most hand side you can see the copper oxidising and yeah :/ temps got kinda higher at 83.... And this time I can't use the function key because of how hot it is

If they put too much on, the thermal paste could be insulating heat causing higher temperatures.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If they put too much on, the thermal paste could be insulating heat causing higher temperatures.

Fak that laptop was not easy disassembling you know.... Ffs, but 83 is pretty damn hot right? Even for that little fan? And should I be concerned about the oxidising copper?

Fak that laptop was not easy disassembling you know.... Ffs, but 83 is pretty damn hot right? Even for that little fan? And should I be concerned about the oxidising copper?

Technically it's not supposed to be oxidizing, and that could be increasing temperatures. Yes, 83C is very hot.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Technically it's not supposed to be oxidizing, and that could be increasing temperatures. Yes, 83C is very hot.

.... So anything I can do bout that? I don't know how it says my CPU is reaching 100% load with like Spotify open and that's it

.... So anything I can do bout that? I don't know how it says my CPU is reaching 100% load with like Spotify open and that's it

I'm not stating definitively that it is - I think that's the least of our concern right now honestly. As far as the load goes, can you open Task Manager and check the box that says "Show All Processes," and then sort the running processes by CPU usage with the process using the most CPU at the top.

I'm not stating definitively that it is - I think that's the least of our concern right now honestly. As far as the load goes, can you open Task Manager and check the box that says "Show All Processes," and then sort the running processes by CPU usage with the process using the most CPU at the top.

thats gonna Br a real issue as my task manager when I open it is fucked it has no tabs no nothing just shows what's running like random process for example steam 80,000kb

thats gonna Br a real issue as my task manager when I open it is fucked it has no tabs no nothing just shows what's running like random process for example steam 80,000kb

Can you provide a screenshot?

Can you provide a screenshot?

wait 6minutes while I start my laptop back up brb

Your F keys may bring the tabs and buttons back. Not sure which one though.

Your F keys may bring the tabs and buttons back. Not sure which one though.

FUCCCC CKK I just shutdown ok I'm doing this then sleeping then we can work on other fixes :P

FUCCCC CKK I just shutdown ok I'm doing this then sleeping then we can work on other fixes :P

I don't think you should be shutting it down during troubleshooting in case I ask you to do something, unless of course your temperatures are becoming so high that the CPU is actually throttling while not doing much.

I don't think you should be shutting it down during troubleshooting in case I ask you to do something, unless of course your temperatures are becoming so high that the CPU is actually throttling while not doing much.

sitting at a 73-76C but I guess that's normal :|

Did you happen to clean off all the old paste before re-applying?

Did you happen to clean off all the old paste before re-applying?

yes it was almost mirror like

svchost 50% and 1/4 of my ram

I don't know how it says my CPU is reaching 100% load with like Spotify open and that's it

If the CPU is at 100% load all the time that could certainly be the cause of the high temps.  I'm starting to think you're barking up the wrong tree looking at the paste/cooler.

As long as the fan is spinning properly and is clean, the paste is good, and the cooler is seated properly, your good on that end.  I think we need to figure out what is eating up your resources and maxing out the CPU.

You should run Malwarebytes.

If the CPU is at 100% load all the time that could certainly be the cause of the high temps.  I'm starting to think you're barking up the wrong tree looking at the paste/cooler.

As long as the fan is spinning properly and is clean, the paste is good, and the cooler is seated properly, your good on that end.  I think we need to figure out what is eating up your resources and maxing out the CPU.

You should run Malwarebytes.

fan is pretty clean copper is slightly oxidised and CPU is clean and repasted.... And I'm at 76C idle