Help?

Jenkinsrino

I have a 8530p home elite book that I have been using for 3+ years and well it's got a centrino 4gb ram and no graphics card I think and on the left side of the laptop in 20min if I touch it I feel like I burn my hand it gets so hot I can even feel the heat under the keys so I was wondering is my laptop thermal throttling if so why and can I fix it because I have no ALTERNITIVE for Minecraft and csgo... I'm lucky to get 30fps on either and when gaming for more than an hour the heat kicks in as I start gettin massive 10sec frame drops help any one?

Download HWMonitor and tell us the temperatures. It sounds like it's pretty hot if you can feel it through the keys, and if that's the case, when's the last time you cleaned it out?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Download HWMonitor and tell us the temperatures. It sounds like it's pretty hot if you can feel it through the keys, and if that's the case, when's the last time you cleaned it out?

its 2am I'll check tomorrow... Or today I guess and get back to you but I havnt and my friend gave it to me after it was water logged by the rain, generally start ups take 6 minutes and can I even install a 64bit system On. Centrino?

it's an HP, there's your problem :P

Most HP's overheat like hell and some even die because of it.

As said above post results of HWMonitor, but it's probably a thermal issue.

Best solutions is to change thermal compound to a good one (arctic silver V for example)

Remove dust and get a laptop cooling pad. It's all very cheap and it can help a lot.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

its 2am I'll check tomorrow... Or today I guess and get back to you but I havnt and my friend gave it to me after it was water logged by the rain, generally start ups take 6 minutes and can I even install a 64bit system On. Centrino?

For that we will need the model number of the CPU

HWmonitor can tell you that :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

The CPU does support the x86-64 bit instruction set, so yes. You can verify this by downloading CPU-Z and looking at the supported instruction sets.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

They gave the laptop, and since they gave the CPU, they're using a Centrino Duo which is apparently an Intel Core 2 Duo, which supports the 64-bit instruction set.

thanks, if I can cool this beast well then that would be fucking awesome, CPUs aren't upgradable are they on this laptop? I want to belive I can tame the hp and not have to complain about fps drops in csgo in a 1v5 :P

They gave the laptop, and since they gave the CPU, they're using a Centrino Duo which is apparently an Intel Core 2 Duo, which supports the 64-bit instruction set.

is there anything I can do about the 6minute start up times? I might upgrade the system to 6gb ram and 64bit get a cooling pad and does it support SSD? I would like any suggestions for making this better as I don't want a new laptop but I want it for when I need it at my mums as I don't have my PC. As my parents.... Split :(

T9400 and a Mobile HD 3650, good luck getting over 30 FPS In minecraft.

what is this that you have posted?

is there anything I can do about the 6minute start up times? I might upgrade the system to 6gb ram and 64bit get a cooling pad and does it support SSD? I would like any suggestions for making this better as I don't want a new laptop but I want it for when I need it at my mums as I don't have my PC. As my parents.... Split :(

It does support an SSD, but the OS may not. What OS are you using?

windows 7

windows 7

It supports SSDs. But you might be limited to SATAII speeds.

will it improve my boot times significantly if I get a cheap SSD like 64gb

It supports SSDs. But you might be limited to SATAII speeds.

i would do anything just to have it run faster and not over heat like lava

will it improve my boot times significantly if I get a cheap SSD like 64gb

Is that all you plan on putting on the SSD? The OS?

i would do anything just to have it run faster and not over heat like lava

Fair enough.

Fair enough.

yeah kind of sick of having to wait 5 minutes before j can even click anything or it will take longer .. :/

Fair enough.

is it possible to upgrade that CPU and is it worth replacing the thermal paste like a user stated above? The laptop got water logged once when walking in the rain, my friend did it :P

yeah kind of sick of having to wait 5 minutes before j can even click anything or it will take longer .. :/

I think it'll be fine just getting a 64GB SSD then.

is it possible to upgrade that CPU and is it worth replacing the thermal paste like a user stated above? The laptop got water logged once when walking in the rain, my friend did it :P

You would have to open it up and find out as I'm not sure about replacement of the CPU. As to the second question, you would have to check the thermal paste to see if it's dried out. If it is, yeah replace it. If not, it might still be worth replacing since the thermal paste might be cheap.

You can get a cheap 64gb ssd and if the laptop has an SD port, you can get a cheap SD card and put games on that :P

If you get a decent SD card, loading times should be fine.

I think it'll be fine just getting a 64GB SSD then.

thanks and is there anyway to check if the CPU is upgradable? And what can the centrino be replaced with as I hear csgo is vey CPU based, that is if I can upgrade it ...