Killer $800 Gaming Laptop from... DELL? Inspiron 7559

LinusTech

;D

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

ayy mlao

was just looking at this laptop today

great timing

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Already watched this on vessel! And on first page!

I honestly love how today's Inspiron laptops are now gaming grade and my Inspiron from 3 years ago can barely run Minecraft at 10FPS on low settings.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Posted by Linus?

Where is @nicklmg?

He asked for Friday nights and Saturday nights off of video releases. I've been doing those two nights for months :)

This is the laptop ive been looking for! Cheap and a decent GPU 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Posted by Linus?

Where is @nicklmg?

linus afraid of nick pushing allegations of overwork case, linus lets luke take the day off

jk lol

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

He asked for Friday nights and Saturday nights off of video releases. I've been doing those two nights for months :)

I noticed you posted the Wan Show and the Scrapyard wars thread, but I didn't realize it was all Saturday videos.

I really should head off to bed...but oh well. @LinusTech is worth it

Canadian Top Gear fan, tech lover and cyclist :P  Build: A10 7870k-Gigabyte FM2A68HM-HD2- G.Skill 2133Mhz 2x4gb- Cooler Master Elite 335-Antec Earthwatts 500w 80+ Bronze

#RIPTopGear :(

I have a question for ya: What's the oldest PC in the office? (Besides Scrapyard Wars scrappiles)

Q

But can it survive the rain?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I have a question for ya: What's the oldest PC in the office? (Besides Scrapyard Wars scrappiles)

We have a 1366 machine running the WAN show.

i am curious what cpu from 1366 socket

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Hmm, I wonder where the white paint(?) on Linus' hands came from.

xbjZgXl.png

:mellow:

Imma noobz, using Linux, my hands on pulse, waiting for curves, 'cos commit isn't proof, but being kind is a move.  :P 

Linus... You can get a Laptop at Micro Center for the same price with a core i7 and a 960M with 2GB VRAM and 8GB RVAMN with a Single free slot for ram. You also get a DVD drive (idk if any of you care about that but I do) and 2GB is fine for any gaming that you'll want to be doing for now. I personally have the Laptop that I linked to and I am able to Run Fallout 4 on low settings at 30-50 fps. http://www.microcenter.com/product/455710/ROG_GL551JW-WH71(WX)_156_Gaming_Laptop_Computer_-_Black

...That's still newer than anything I own. XDDDDDDD

Q

I have this laptop, I did bump up the ram to 16GB on my own for $36. im glad that I did. can I upgrade the wifi solution to some thing with a bit more speed? I mean it seems fine for daily tasks so far but if I can tinker I willl.  

that and I am having a slight problem with mine that it is quite noisy.   some times it gets grumpy and decides to broadcast static through my speakers.  did you have the same problems?

i am curious what cpu from 1366 socket

The early Core i3, i5, and i7 chips. Essentially, it's the socket 2011 of 2008.

Q