MonoChromatico v2.5 [Update in OP]

NoobCase

Update:

Build is delayed until the end of the week. Good news though as my uncle confirmed that he'll be making the decal for the res. Going to sask him to do a decal for the PSU as well... Think it will Be the Hexgear logo without text...

Update Time!!! Finally got a few hours free to work on MonoChromatico :)

Banger job on the Cables by Mundi ;) 
bkxZCrw.jpg

All cables and rad+fans mounted ;)
BfKFh9X.jpg
VjZTu3z.jpg

All I managed to get done. But boy did I enjoy getting a few hours of me time doing stuff I love....

Decals for PSU and res should arrive sometime next week. My uncle should be doing them today (if he gets time)

I may do the rest of the tubing tonight... depends if I will be able to unscrew the res an pull it out when the tubing run that goes infront of it is in... well at least I can do drainport run, cpu to rad run and drainport to pump run.. 

Stay tuned for more... The end is near! :)

WARNING! PICTURE HEAVY UPDATE!

Aaaaannndd.... not quite there yet but very close! :)

All tubing runs done. Pump to GPU only temporary for these pics as the decals still need to go on the res and PSU.

In no particullar order: Lots of chrome bling ;) I really like chrome...

HCq8lbM.jpg
fFd40ZO.jpg
rqoQ8uT.jpg
khyIx97.jpg
5X46pPg.jpg
TfpQN1l.jpg
kq4hLH3.jpg
d5TTn0Z.jpg?1
s16juhP.jpg?1
PXs3Kfy.jpg
fAHhYnM.jpg?1
zUVSlUV.jpg?1
E23KJax.jpg?1
6qbf7qx.jpg?1

and just a shot of what should be the final cable management. The plate to cover some of it not installed mind you...
EkJHGnd.jpg

Thanks for watching! Stay tuned for the completion hopefully sometime this week if decals arrive in time.

The chrome pipes are looking awesome! i really like what you did do to the SSD's, it is looking way better when you hide them :P Only thing that would make it better is try to bundle or hide the cables where they connect to the psu. But it really looks very good so far!

15 minutes ago, ThatsMaddog said:

The chrome pipes are looking awesome! i really like what you did do to the SSD's, it is looking way better when you hide them :P Only thing that would make it better is try to bundle or hide the cables where they connect to the psu. But it really looks very good so far!

Yups... I will see if I can get them bundled up. Was also a headache in the first version of MonoChromatico I did get it bundles up a bit. Back then I was in contact with Hex Gear regarding getting a PSU shroud custom made by them. Unfortunately it was/is almost impossible to make as my bottom rad and drain port creates clearing issues... If you have any ideas on how to solve that I'm all ears! :)

The SSDs are mounted in the default location of the case ;) It is simply made this way :)

On 2/15/2016 at 9:24 PM, theninja35 said:

Your cable management, even in the back of the case, is absolutely amazing. Way better than I could ever do. The theme is very well done, too. Great job!

Appriciate it, but to be honest I really wish I had the time and patience + skill to custom make all of the cables my self to lenght which would have made it even better. Its all nicely tucked away, but that is all it is ;) have a look at this kinda of cable management by @p0Pe fx .Simply bonkers.. :) I'm still planning of going hay wire wiht strips in the back though once I've tested that everything work.. should make it look a bit cleaner ;)

• 3 weeks later...

And build complete! Well.. it been done for nearly 2 weeks and prior to that I got delayed by decals and I had to hospitalize my baby girl (nothing serious. Respiratory infection).

I received the decals from my uncle. Unfortunately the vinyl i sent him was a bit too thin which made it impossible to work with after the cuts where done on the decal for the res. So I made my own with the left overs I had... turned out a lot better than I expected.
zSskjnr.jpg?1
A75J2Lr.jpg?1

I decided against having a decal on the PSU as I just didn't like the look of it but I used the decal on the side window instead.
o7YbfAg.jpg

Leak testing the loop - no leaks after 24 hours + and still none after normal use for 14ish days.
VajU8lZ.jpg
d7nWhiG.jpg
ryqMdcr.jpg
CFkw2pb.jpg
lbUGRpI.jpg

A few shots of the finished product.

luWYQGs.jpg?1
wU0UuVS.jpg?1
3j25qhV.jpg?1
gpZIeAc.jpg

Cable management.
fuYKtgx.jpg
PjHAM24.jpg
3TFNSFj.jpg
Notice the white wires in the top left corner. Those are the wires from the White Vardar F3 or F4 fans I used. I opted to used them based on a few comparisons on thermalbench.com (Great site for fan comparisons and reviews..!)
Only after getting the AquaSuite2016 for the Aqaureo 5 LT up and running they didn't really play nice and 2 of them were making a whistling sound when they reached a certain RPM so I'm now back with my Noctuas from the first version. Using them with the Fan controller does eliminate the issue I had that caused be to change them. So I'm a happy camper. 
I wasn't real keen on changing the fans as I thought I might have to take the entire loop apart. Luckily I didn't

But alas all my troubles were not over yet. I wanted to make some alterations in the UEFI, but couldn't get a signal to any of the monitors until the damn thing was booted into windows... First things first then.. reset the bios.. well wouldn't you know.. to reset the bios on the Z97 gryphon you actually have to move a damn jumper.. which isn't really all that accessible  unless you pull out your grill tweezers (directly translated... donnu if it's a thing.. ;) ) Basically its just a huge ass pair of tweezers. That however didn't work... still no signal.

Step two to reset the bios on the Gryphon is to move the said jumper and then remove the battery... the battery is not accessible at ALL! when the Armor is installed... god damn Asus...!!

So I poked around and started checking cables again and wouldn't you now for some reason beyond my comprehension I had chosen to plug in my monitors into GPU #2. Switching to GPU #1 did the trick yay!! :)

New problem then arose: No signal when booting into Win10.... I ended up reinstalling windows 10 to fix that issues... Not once but twice as the Win10 USB stick I had was in danish (I'm danish) but always used English and Win10 wouldn't let me install the EN language pack... no via windows update nor manually.. Awesome! :)

So now I'm currently installing all the games I use for benchmarking and I still have to dial in my GPU overclock again as I didn't save the settings :)

Next step is to have proper photos taken of MonoChromatico at work where we have proper lightning and people who can actually use a camera :)

And just for Lolz...

here's me as the dog race the MS programs recognize me as.... jeeze MS... I would have expected something with short hair....
kRtnWdU.png

6 hours ago, NoobCase said:

kRtnWdU.png

DAMN...!!

i'm so sorry sir...

DAAAMMMNNN...!!!

please.. make me stop saying DAAAMMNN...!!

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMM.... i can't wait until i start working on my Air 240 Build....

6 hours ago, Roam027 said:

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMM.... i can't wait until i start working on my Air 240 Build....

Let me know if you run into issues or need some advice when you start the build.  Did a hardline tuning build in that case. 

3 hours ago, Necrodead said:

how-i-imagine-redditors-react-when-they-

er... I mean chrome. 

I love chrome.

You it crew on me to ;)

• 4 months later...