Surface Pro 2 is a go

GoodBytes

Microsoft has finalized the design of its Surface Pro 2, from sources familiar with Microsoft's plans have revealed to The Verge.

SurfaceProRight_610x407.jpg

The Surface Pro 2 will feature Haswell Core i5 CPU, which is expected to boost the Surface Pro 2 battery, bringing it to 7h of battery life. It is this is very good news, as it will make the tablet an actual portable hybrid laptop/tablet without any real compromises in terms of performance or battery life. Sure it's not 9h+, but it's a 10inch, and it needs to be light as possible, already it's on the heavy side, for a tablet.

Other changes, is the kickstand. A big complaint of the kickstand of the original Surface Pro was that it had 1 position. The new Surface Pro 2 will have 2 position option.

The system will boost 8GB of RAM DDR3, compared 4GB in the Surface Pro.

The look of the device will remain the same, with it's signature sleek look.

As for storage, and all other details about accessories, including a battery in a keyboard addon (which the Surface Pro has the plug for,and Microsoft confirmed that they are working on one)  is not yet known. Screen resolution will most likelly remain the same at 1080p, which is you really don't want to go higher, as using the desktop, on a 1080p screen on 10inch.. well.. that the main reason why it comes with a digitize pen.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/4/4694838/surface-pro-2-adjustable-kickstand-haswell-better-battery-life

looks and sounds quite nice!!!

~james

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

They should just stop.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

This is pretty cool actually.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

They should just stop.

On the contrary, they should keep improving, how do you think progress is made.

On the contrary, they should keep improving, how do you think progress is made.

The thing is that this thing is going to be like $1000 for the lowest spec model.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

It's pretty cool.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

The thing is that this thing is going to be like $1000 for the lowest spec model.

No. The highest end model was 1000$.

You do get your money worth with the Surface Pro. It's targeted at engineers and artists that needs a Wacom digizer pen, and to some extent students because of the pen (in the similar fields). Not Mr and Miss everyone, to watch youtube videos, or facebook updates. The tablet is very high quality, and it's quiet impressive what they put in in 10inch form factor and in ti's thin profile.

ths looks very nice, but @megadarkwood has a good point, how much will this thing cost?

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

It won't

And let's say it will, why can Apple do that but not Microsoft?

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

It won't

And let's say it will, why can Apple do that but not Microsoft?

To me, Microsoft are the people that are reasonably priced. But I do realize that people might want this for on-the-go work like @GoodBytes said. But why not get a touchscreen ultrabook?

Sorry, but 10 inches is just too small for a productivity device. Media consumption? For sure. My ASUS TF700T (10") also has a keyboard but if I actually want to type something up or do actual work then I need at least a 13.3" screen like on my ultrabook.

Intel 3960X @ 4.6GHz Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD64GX3M8A2133C9 64GB | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | 2*ASUS PG279Q EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X | 2*Corsair Force GT 256GB in R0 [OS Drive] | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB [secondary Drive] Hitachi Deskstar 7K4000 Raid 6 [8*4TB — Media Array] | PAN-UJ-235A Blu-Ray Slot Load | PAN-UJ-875A DVD Slot Load | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair H100i | Lian-Li PC-V2120X | LSI 9271-8i w/ Intel RES2SV240 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | Ducky Shine II [Cherry MX Brown / Blue LED]

That's true but what can you do. :P

But why not get a touchscreen ultrabook?

'cause:

- You don't have a digitize pen

- You need to sit down to use it, ideally an area with a table

- The resolution is Windows 8 minimum screen resolution 1366 x 766 for most laptops of that size... let a lone TN panel.

Its starting to get there for me, i am personally looking forward to the 3rd or 4th gen version of this, when we start to blur the line between computer and mobile processors, for full x86 operation but with the power usage of a smartphone.

Looks like its winning me over, the other Surface was just so overpriced and terrible battery life, this would be a contender for a new laptop.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Its starting to get there for me, i am personally looking forward to the 3rd or 4th gen version of this, when we start to blur the line between computer and mobile processors, for full x86 operation but with the power usage of a smartphone.

Or when mobile processors are fast enough to run, without major battery drain and performance hit, x86 code under emulation.

CPU and battery life -check

Did they fix the size of the ssd ? 128 gb is not enough. Fix that issue then I'm sold

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

CPU and battery life -check

Did they fix the size of the ssd ? 128 gb is not enough. Fix that issue then I'm sold

I don't think you ever had a 128GB drive before, but it's plenty. You are not going to game on an Intel integrated graphic solution. Especially an ultra voltage CPU powered Intel integrated graphic solution. When I mean 'plenty', I mean enough for: PhotoShop/Gimp + Visual Studio + Office + some music (+ you have XBox Music), some videos, a few tablet games, documents, and a few project, and plenty of space for Windows updates. And I remind you that it has a microSDXC card slot.

The 64GB was the problem.

But if you wonder, rumors says that there will be 2 models 128 and 256GB

Darn my Surface Pro 1 is outdated already... :(

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Darn my Surface Pro 1 is outdated already... :(

Well don't feel too bad. It's just improved battery which can be fixed with a keyboard with battery add-on, which the Surface Pro has the connector at the bottom (notice the 2 big long holes with metal contacts, on the left and right side of the keyboard connector), when it will come out.

Performance should be the more or less the same, as we are talking about low voltage Intel CPU here, or worse, the ultra low voltage Intel CPU (which ever Microsoft could get it's hands on), especially GPU side. Of course we have to wait for review of this chip, but I doubt it's anything major or really noticeable.

So not really outdated. It's more solving complaints and concern about the Surface Pro 1. Sure rumors says it will have NFC, wireless AC, wireless charging, but meh, I don't think it's anything you won't be able to sleep, let alone even actually use.

do we know if the tablet is using a normal ultrabook cpu or the 4.5w intel chip which would make it passive?