Roccat Kova or G402

Clanscorpia

Which should I get? The Roccat has a 7000DPI sensor and is $15 cheaper and has a RGB lighting but the G402 is for right handed people and is made by a brand I trust. I'll be using it for FPS and Strategy so I need a mouse with accurate tracking. If you can find a better mouse for no more than $85 CAD that would also be awesome. Thanks!

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

DPI doesn't mean shit. Also, the sensor in the Kova is capable of up to 3500 DPI.

If you like G402's ergonomics, get that. There are a lot of good mice in that price range like the Steelseries Rival 300, Roccat KPM and the Logitech G502.

This video is really good to get some basic knowledge when buying a mouse:

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Enter the roccat contest if you win yay if not the 402 is a great mouse, I have no issues with it and love it's accuracy and feel

in case you didn't see it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/531526-roccat-giveaway/

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Enter the roccat contest if you win yay if not the 402 is a great mouse, I have no issues with it and love it's accuracy and feel

in case you didn't see it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/531526-roccat-giveaway/

I did, I just wanted to know if its better than the G402

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

The Kova's sensor seems to have slight inbuilt accel and there have been some rare cases of jitter from the sensor. From reviews on the internet the g402 sensor seems to be superior with no accel or negligible accel. 

The Kova has an optical sensor so you are gonna want a solid colour mousemat and the G402 shouldn't matter as it has a dual sensor design.

They both seem evenly matched so I'd go for the one which looks the most comfortable.

I did, I just wanted to know if its better than the G402

I doubt it but mice are also subjective, two mice of the same quality could have different feel to the user thus they may love or hate them randomly, however I do think the sensor on the 402 is better in terms of accuracy especially when you're moving it quickly. (Plus it indeed doesn't have mouse acceleration that is a plus)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

The Kova has an optical sensor so you are gonna want a solid colour mousemat and the G402 shouldn't matter as it has a dual sensor design.

Wut? From where did you get this information?

The G402 has one sensor (AM010) and both mice are optical. Also the colour of the mousepad doesn't matter. I'm using my optical Steelseries Rival 300 on a coloured pad without an issue.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

I like my Kova more than my G502 (Close enough to the 402), but the Kova is definitely not for everyone.

The 502, and likely the 402 have better sensors, but the button layout on the Kova wins it for me. I have the right side buttons on the Kova are disabled though, accidentally press them too often.

The colour flow option isn't very smooth, but I only use the lighting as a profile display. Since the colour doesn't change during DPI switching I rebound the DPI button to profile switching and set one DPI level per profile.

If I could actually have it compete against a G402, would it win? Yes, but probably only because of the top button layout.

Not a very positive review, but informative.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S