Quiet build. FD R4 XL Black Pearl - help with fan setup.

teeejay

Hey guys,

I am going to buy new case, I am tired of my HAF 932. Cleaning dust out, hearing everything what is going on in the case etc. That is why I decided to buy Fractal Define R4 XL case.

I have just few questions regarding fans. So far I am happy with my NF-F12 fans on my H100i, so I told myself, I want every case fan from Noctua, but I am not sure which one to pick.

Rear 140mm exhaust, not sure which Noctua fan to pick.

Top 2x 120mm NF-F12 on 240mm rad H100i.

Front 2x 140mm intake, not sure which Noctua fan to pick.

Potential bottom 120/140mm intake fan, not sure which Noctua fan to pick.

In conclusion, I need help with choosing rear, front and bottom fans. 

Thank You.

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB

why limit yourself to Noctua, with all respect, i think there are better fans than Noctua

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I would go with Noctua A14 FLX for the front intake and back exhaust. The bottom I would go with Noctua NF-F12.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

why limit yourself to Noctua, with all respect, i think there are better fans than Noctua

Feel free to name few. ;)

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB

Feel free to name few.

Scythe gentle typhoon, and the scythe glidestream

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I also looked at Be Quiet! fans, they look great! But they do not make pressure optimized fans.

R4 XL? Futuristic!

I have a Define R4, and I'm using the NF-A14 FLXs in the front, clipped in. I'm also using two NF-P14s from my previous noctua heatsink as the bottom intake and rear exhaust. I don't have any radiators, but the F12 will be ideal no doubt. This thing is silent, you'll love it.

R4 XL? Futuristic!

I have a Define R4, and I'm using the NF-A14 FLXs in the front, clipped in. I'm also using two NF-P14s from my previous noctua heatsink as the bottom intake and rear exhaust. I don't have any radiators, but the F12 will be ideal no doubt. This thing is silent, you'll love it.

I love the look! I hope that the cooling performance and silence will be just as good as its gorgeous look.

I love the look! I hope that the cooling performance and silence will be just as good as its gorgeous look.

No he is just saying that there is not R4 XL. But the R series case from Fractal are really, really nice and it does help block out a lot of the noise as long as the fans are quiet.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

No he is just saying that there is not R4 XL. But the R series case from Fractal are really, really nice and it does help block out a lot of the noise as long as the fans are quiet.

You are right, my bad.  :D  I meant R2 XL for sure!