"RedCluster" My personal AMD gaming rig (SOON)

FYNALY Someone who knows why i want the crosshairV and AMD CPU.....

its gona blow my budget out....i have no more CENTS to spend on it and i was calculationg this witht he fact that i already have a optycal drive and a HDD keyboard spekaers monitor

then I suggest you skip one of the hdds and add that later

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I have a CVFZ for my second rig with an FX 8120. :)

gNjHjk1.jpg

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I have a CVFZ for my second rig with an FX 8120. :)

gNjHjk1.jpg

Who care about thoose fuckin cables :D if it wont be windowed xD And a 8120?? i gess thats not the top but if its enought for you ok do it i will just go with the 9590 xD

then I suggest you skip one of the hdds and add that later

well i dont load games like EXTREME TEXTURES AND GIGABITES OF THEM but actually a SSD wont be terrible at all but i would really like to get then a samsung one cause thoose wont die that fast but a HDD sound as a forever workin mechanical rock that will never die until i dont kill it xD 

TDP isn't power consumption. It's a measure of the heat produced (indicated by what it stands for, Thermal Design Power). Every company measures it differently. No, your 9590 won't melt your board.

It isn't, but it is connected. TDP is less than the actual power draw.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

It isn't, but it is connected. TDP is less than the actual power draw.

thats tru but it does say the power draw and the heat wattage at the same time(if you can calculate it)

still a shit platform, my 5820k at stock shits on that 7.5Ghz+ 9370.

Speaking of 9370's they have the best bin for overclocking, you're better off getting a 9370 it'll overclock higher than a 9590.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

well i dont load games like EXTREME TEXTURES AND GIGABITES OF THEM but actually a SSD wont be terrible at all but i would really like to get then a samsung one cause thoose wont die that fast but a HDD sound as a forever workin mechanical rock that will never die until i dont kill it xD 

actually ssds are a LOT more reliable than hdds, even the cheap ones.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Speaking of 9370's they have the best bin for overclocking, you're better off getting a 9370 it'll overclock higher than a 9590.

...or just an i5-4460...this also shit on the FX-9590 while consuming around 95w (vs 250W+ for the overclocked FX) and it's doing it on a better platform with more features and it won't bottleneck his r9 390X in games like the old AMD FX will. (not talking through my basket here, i own one and it's complete garbage for gaming.)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Someone would say its a crap shit because AMD CPU but not all of us want spend a abnormal amounth of money on a frkin CPU like tha I7 or even some i5 ves 

and thoose who will gona judge me for my CPU than GO GET OUT DONT EVEN READ THIS GO AND GET OUT AND GET YOURSELF A i3....

There is nothing wrong with having a budget. Also just because you have a budget doesn't mean you can't make an interesting build. In fact it is very interesting to see how much performance per dollar someone can get, especially at various price points. Just look at the incredible popularity of the scrapyard wars youtube series. Your attitude about the matter though seems to scream that you are sensitive about not being able to include a flux capacitor and custom hardline tubing and blah blah blah. Trolls pick up on this so try not to be all "here is a detailed list of things I am touchy about" in the future as it it sure to send out a batsignal to the assholes of the net.

Anyways your budget doesn't even seem that limited looking at the parts you have listed. Sub'd

...or just an i5-4460...this also shit on the FX-9590 while consuming around 95w (vs 250W+ for the overclocked FX) and it's doing it on a better platform with more features and it won't bottleneck his r9 390X in games like the old AMD FX will. (not talking through my basket here, i own one and it's complete garbage for gaming.)

Read the topic agan for thoose who only wants to speak about AMDs- sites and that go do IT

No SSD?

Nice rig BTW , I'm planning an fx6300 w/ r7 360 rig soon but I'm going to wait for zen because 3 years since am3+ was released. I'm hoping it gives skylake a run for its money.

iguess the AM3+ wont be anymore...i heard that zen will gona have a AM4 socket even i dont know if its true.. a 6300FX is a really bad idea....

There is nothing wrong with having a budget. Also just because you have a budget doesn't mean you can't make an interesting build. In fact it is very interesting to see how much performance per dollar someone can get, especially at various price points. Just look at the incredible popularity of the scrapyard wars youtube series. Your attitude about the matter though seems to scream that you are sensitive about not being able to include a flux capacitor and custom hardline tubing and blah blah blah. Trolls pick up on this so try not to be all "here is a detailed list of things I am touchy about" in the future as it it sure to send out a batsignal to the assholes of the net.

Anyways your budget doesn't even seem that limited looking at the parts you have listed. Sub'd

wel i would more likelay get a super overkill pc for frekin10000 but i cant xD. Other just cant fucking stop complaining about AMDs bad sites CAN SOMEOEN LOOK AT THE MAIN POINT OF USSAGE?! NO..... AND YEAS i would go with intels to OP cpus IF I WOULD HAVE MONEY FOR IT....i wantjust more graphics and thats all i wont doing any video editing stuff on it no i wont do that i just wanna game

actually ssds are a LOT more reliable than hdds, even the cheap ones.

Well i trust more HDDs because i know THEY CAN SURVIVE FOREVER....like i have a frekin 20 years old PC right next to me THATS STILL WORKING. And actually i cant compress more into my budget because even this is pushing limits farther than i actually normaly can do ....

still a shit platform, my 5820k at stock shits on that 7.5Ghz+ 9370.

Speaking of your idea I DONT CARE Because i wont reach world records! (not even mentoin to burn out ....)

yeah am4(+) and ddr4, the fx 6300 is still a decent budget cpu but again , waiting for Zen.

as a user of a AMD FX4300 i can tell you that that one isnt better at all....LOTS of bottlenecking would be there. Also the ZEN is gona come out like next year holydays

Well i trust more HDDs because i know THEY CAN SURVIVE FOREVER....like i have a frekin 20 years old PC right next to me THATS STILL WORKING. And actually i cant compress more into my budget because even this is pushing limits farther than i actually normaly can do ....

I would bet that an ssd in the same scenario would still be working like new. HDDs are vulnerable to vibrations and use, ssds simply don't care and will work perfectly until you run out of writes - which takes a loooong time.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I would bet that an ssd in the same scenario would still be working like new. HDDs are vulnerable to vibrations and use, ssds simply don't care and will work perfectly until you run out of writes - which takes a loooong time.

HDDs....ok they does have phisical moevemnt inside and yeas i would be like wooooo i wanna a ssd but my budget WONT ALLOW me that....ITS FAST...ok i know i have btw only a Sata 6Gbps conection with 12 it would be even better so its just a waste for me but putting SSDs in raid ... well that would be usefull :DDD

I've taken apart hundreds of hard drives and the internals vary largely between your budget drives and your high grade drives. That being said, I know every drive will fail.

Ever since the change to perpendicular magnetic recording, we've seen drives get much higher in capacity but their overall reliability goes down. I remember when Seagate and WD announced standard drives would come with a lousy 1-2 year warranty. It was a sad day. I have a 212MB drive from 94 that still runs.

Your 20 year old drive is an exceptional life span. It is not the rule however. Modern, consumer grade drives aren't designed to last. =(

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

my WD

I've taken apart hundreds of hard drives and the internals vary largely between your budget drives and your high grade drives. That being said, I know every drive will fail.
Ever since the change to perpendicular magnetic recording, we've seen drives get much higher in capacity but their overall reliability goes down. I remember when Seagate and WD announced standard drives would come with a lousy 1-2 year warranty. It was a sad day. I have a 212MB drive from 94 that still runs.

Your 20 year old drive is an exceptional life span. It is not the rule however. Modern, consumer grade drives aren't designed to last. =(

green HDD works over 5 years....STILLL adn ahhh whateveri still

iguess the AM3+ wont be anymore...i heard that zen will gona have a AM4 socket even i dont know if its true.. a 6300FX is a really bad idea....

Zen is going to have a new socket, no doubt about it.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

zen gona cost twice much i guess ...and iwll be limited the problem with it is that i have to wait LITELARY YEARS to get a zen and than you will gona speak about the zen as about the 6300 most of people.... im ok with amd because i want a good looking mobo and I WANT TO SEE THE 5GHZ NUMBER :D

i planned this pc as a this year project so i hope im gona finish it in mostly hitting the this years christmass....

Your board will take a 8370E to 5.2ghz or higher without all the heat of the 9590 but I've seen the 9590 hit 5.5ghz so it's whatever. I want a 9590 myself! But I've hit the golden 5 with my 8350, sadly getting it stable over 5ghz is a pain.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

so, with the recent "shytestürm" around amd fx i set out to do some testing, and contacted the guy with the most overkill amd system i know:

FX9590, 2x r9 295x2

we both did 7zip's built in benchmark to look at pure numbercrunching in a real world scenario, here's the results for both sides of the argument to chew on and stuff their faces so this guy can have his build log thread back:

f0c3e64af7.png