error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (IOMap64.sys)

kbhawkman

I have been getting this error intermittently as well.  Today I decided to go find a solution and it looks like deleting the ASUS occurrences of IOMAP64.sys is the way I am going.  Also found them in 2 folders under ASUS in program files(x86).  Just got tired of seeing that blue screen on boot every now and then.   This is with a recent build, ASUS TUF Z270, also without the ASUS SmartDoctor found anywhere.  Since this was an intermittent thing... it might be hard to say it is "solved"... at least for some time.   But thanks to all who made suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

Even I am getting the same problem. Did anyone found a solution to this yet? Searched whole internet still couldn't figure it out.

Even i am getting the same problem. Is there a fix to this. Searched everywhere still cant get  a fix.

Update: After deleting the 2 instances of IOmap64 and my computer was booting fine for quite some time. I just was messing around with trying to optimize my startup and somehow IOmap64 ended up in a drivers folder. When I try to delete it won't let me saying that it is being used by ASUS Kernel Mode Driver for NT. Couldn't figure out how to get rid of it for now. I'll update again, if I do. I will say that until IOmap64.sys somehow mysteriously reappeared (I'm assuming there was an update on one or more of my ASUS software), it was booting fine.

If I had to guess, it's Asus's AI Suite. I've been getting the issue on a brand new build, did the whole memtest spiel, etc.. 

To confirm my suspicions, IOMap64.sys appears in 4 places when I search, two of which are for the AI Suite, one is Asus's VGA Com, and the other is in System32's driver folder. 

I'm going to uninstall the suite and see if that helps. Although it's been really intermittent so far, and only occurs on boot/startup. I don't typically install MOBO software, but honestly the AI Suite stuff seemed pretty useful.

First post hype. 

• 4 weeks later...

had the same issue uninstalling ai suit hopefully fixed it 

On 01. 05. 2017. at 3:20 PM, thorpemark said:

I have been getting this error intermittently as well.  Today I decided to go find a solution and it looks like deleting the ASUS occurrences of IOMAP64.sys is the way I am going.  Also found them in 2 folders under ASUS in program files(x86).  Just got tired of seeing that blue screen on boot every now and then.   This is with a recent build, ASUS TUF Z270, also without the ASUS SmartDoctor found anywhere.  Since this was an intermittent thing... it might be hard to say it is "solved"... at least for some time.   But thanks to all who made suggestions.

Reinstall Windows and do not instal ASUS's shitty software like AI Suite. Just core drivers.

My Rig : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MTBd2R

My VM Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPR6gL

My Backup Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cRQYYr

My Storage Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tzzR9W

My Router : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bMPN4C

My Laptop : Lenovo Z575 with 6 GB RAM (1866 MHz), Crucial MX300 525 GB & Western Digital 2 TB (Removed optical drive)

So I've been having the same problem as everyone here with the Iomap64.sys file and the BSOD ever few restarts where it will run to 100% then reboot and be fine till the next few restarts. I have linked it to an error in the Event Viewer of Windows to to be Even ID 7000 which occurs on bootup. 

Now as domandric034 even suggested a reinstall of windows this is exactly what I ended up doing last night. 

I recently built this pc, about 2 weeks ago now and I've only been having this problem since the weekend. All games have been running perfectly until this weekend when it would kick me out mid match in Overwatch and just reset the pc.

I even tried reinstalling the AI Suite 3 because someone on another Forum had suggested a fresh install of it and even a fresh replacing of the IOmap64.sys file in the system folder but neither of these helped either. I was under the impression it was related to my Asus Strix z270 motherboard but I see guys are getting the error with their GPU's as well of which I have a Asus Strix 1070GTx.. So I'm going to go with hardware.. But what is there even to do about it ?

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2017 at 6:32 PM, Meaix88 said:

thanks nidofour--I just made an account here to thank-you! I didn't have to boot into safe mode because mine has been only doing it the first time I boot and then it automatically restarts and seems to always boot fine the second time. So I just searched my program files for "iomap64" and found two iterations of it in the ASUS folder--1 was in the "APRP" subfolder and 1 was in the "GPU TweakII" subfolder. Once I removed them, it has been booting fine.

Honestly, I am seriously considering trying a different manufacturer for my mobos and gpu's in future builds. I have been pretty loyal to ASUS over the past 15 years and never had any problems, but both my Hero Alpha VIII and Strix GTX 1080 (both of which I bought last summer) have had several little issues and one really serious one where GPU TweakII was not regulating my fan properly and the temp on my gpu shot up to heart stopping levels. I have been able to fix all of them--just like this, but it seems like their software is seriously lacking. I have heard good things about several other brands, such that it makes think that ASUS isn't worth the premium price for subpar software and hardware that is rapidly losing ground to the likes of gigabyte and MSI. As for someone else's suggestion of complaining to ASUS so that they will fix it--GOOD LUCK, HA! I had heard about how bad their customer service is, but I tried contacting them through email a couple times in the past 6 months and did not receive a reply.

Thanks for the fix guys! Been looking for a solution for weeks now. Also just made an account to say thanks lmao

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue and I have started troubleshooting. it's not a hardware problem. so far I can narrow it down to the Asus software iomap64.sys. I will Uninstall Nvidia drivers tonight again. But should I delete all of the Asus software to resolve the issue? Please reply 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/29/2017 at 5:39 AM, Muppetx3 said:

I am having the same issue and I have started troubleshooting. it's not a hardware problem. so far I can narrow it down to the Asus software iomap64.sys. I will Uninstall Nvidia drivers tonight again. But should I delete all of the Asus software to resolve the issue? Please reply 

I followed @nidofour's  earlier post and it seemed to work great for me. Haven't had issues since. The only thing I have to add is that I found iomap64.sys in a couple other asus program folders. I'd suggest combing through them and deleting all iterations of it, as I did. Nido's original post below

On 2/9/2017 at 6:50 AM, nidofour said:

I just had this same issue, after 3-4 days of troubleshooting and re-seating everything in my PC. It turned out to be a bad driver with the IOMAP64.sys.

I booted into safemode, went to C:/windows/system32 and deleted the actual IOMAP64.sys manually and haven't had one issue since. I would recommend uninstalling all the ASUS software you have installed as well. Also send a complaint to ASUS so they can fix this.

On 1/21/2016 at 11:13 AM, kbhawkman said:

That software looks super sketchy.

What should I even be looking for?

memtestx86 is a really common memory testing tool that you boot into instead of windows so you can see if you have bad sectors in your memory which can cause page faults.

i want to die

On 6/1/2017 at 2:16 PM, Sagerbomb said:

it says right on the website under the download link its for x86 bit systems. Im assuming ur windows 10 is 64 bit.

>x86 bits

sry its talking about x86 instruction sets bud

i want to die

• 7 months later...

I was sitting at my workstation and started hearing a fan going bad. I found it was one of the fans on the coraiar radiator making a ticking noise. I pulled the side panale off and pulled the fan connector off the pump assembly. Bsod instantly popped up with the IOmap64.sys error.