error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (IOMap64.sys)

kbhawkman

I recently built a desktop running Windows 10 and this has happened about 3 times now in total.

It has happened randomly over the past month (when it was first built) when the computer was starting up or just after I had logged in.

How do I fix this issue?

aXLhznx.jpg

Following, @kbhawkman you should follow too.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

Did you OC anything?

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

Uninstall ASUS Smart Doctor. IOMAP64.sys is a component of that software and is likely crashing your system.

Also, I suggested a mod move this to Troubleshooting, just FYI.

deleted post I was wrong lol

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Did you OC anything?

Nope, didn't feel a need to.

Uninstall ASUS Smart Doctor. IOMAP64.sys is a component of that software and is likely crashing your system.

I don't have ASUS Smart Doctor installed.

If you want a mod to move a topic report it, don't just post in the topic.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

Nope, didn't feel a need to.

Well there goes my suggestion then. There have been times where I have pushed my memory OC too far and got this error. Maybe try running memOK and see if anything comes up?

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

Well there goes my suggestion then. There have been times where I have pushed my memory OC too far and got this error. Maybe try running memOK and see if anything comes up?

Isn't that for if your system can't post?

Isn't that for if your system can't post?

Sorry, meant to say MemTest. 

Sorry, meant to say MemTest. 

Can you give me a link to which one you're talking about? There seems to be a few different ones.

Can you give me a link to which one you're talking about? There seems to be a few different ones.

http://www.memtest86.com/

that is actually good software that is open source, that is why it may look sketchy. and the iomap64.sys, is a component of the asus software asus mart doctor, like mojo jojo said. So maybe look under C:/Program Files/Asus/Asus Smart PC Doctor/ (C:/Program Files (x86)/Asus/Asus Smart PC Doctor/ too though) and delete everything you find. That should fix the problem

That software looks super sketchy.

What should I even be looking for?

It's not sketchy actually. It comes with Ubuntu as much as I know.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

that is actually good software that is open source, that is why it may look sketchy. and the iomap64.sys, is a component of the asus software asus mart doctor, like mojo jojo said. So maybe look under C:/Program Files/Asus/Asus Smart PC Doctor/ (C:/Program Files (x86)/Asus/Asus Smart PC Doctor/ too though) and delete everything you find. That should fix the problem

Here is a picture of the ASUS directories in Program Files and Program Files (x86)

I can't find Asus Smart PC Doctor and do not recall installing it either.

Pl6qgwG.png

How long do I let Memtest run for?

It says:

Pass 100%

Test 100%

Test #9 [Modulo 20, Random pattern]

Time: 0:46:30

Itterations: 2

AdrsMode: 64Bit

Pass: 0

Errors: 0

I have 16 GB of Ram

Wait until Pass at the bottom says 1 .. should be good enough. To be fair, if it's on the 9th test without error, you'll probably be fine.

Get a startup repair disk and boot from that or press f8 before before you see the windows logo.

go to cmd (command line) then fun chkdsk /f and chkdsk /r and stc /scannow.

Wait until Pass at the bottom says 1 .. should be good enough. To be fair, if it's on the 9th test without error, you'll probably be fine.

Okay, I ended the test. So I'm still unsure what would be causing the issue.

Get a startup repair disk and boot from that or press f8 before before you see the windows logo.

go to cmd (command line) then fun chkdsk /f and chkdsk /r and stc /scannow.

I don't have an optical drive, and what would these commands do?

1. Start your computer.

2. Press f8 before you see the windows logo and the spinning wheel.

3. Wait for it to diagnose your problem.

4. Don't click shutdown or restart!

Click on ​advanced options.

5. Then click on troubleshoot                  Note:  (it may be also listed as advanced options but most likely it is not) 

6. then click on advanced options.

7. click on command prompt.

8. type the commands.

chkdsk /f :  Corrects errors on disk and corrects system files

chkdsk /r : Corrects errors on disk and corrects system files. Also searches and fixes bad clusters and sectors. It also recovers data.

sfc /scannow : System file checker checks for missing or corrupted system files.

It is recommended if you do chkdsk /r first.

• 1 year later...

I just had this same issue, after 3-4 days of troubleshooting and re-seating everything in my PC. It turned out to be a bad driver with the IOMAP64.sys.

I booted into safemode, went to C:/windows/system32 and deleted the actual IOMAP64.sys manually and haven't had one issue since. I would recommend uninstalling all the ASUS software you have installed as well. Also send a complaint to ASUS so they can fix this.

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2017 at 5:50 AM, nidofour said:

I booted into safemode, went to C:/windows/system32 and deleted the actual IOMAP64.sys manually and haven't had one issue since.

thanks nidofour--I just made an account here to thank-you! I didn't have to boot into safe mode because mine has been only doing it the first time I boot and then it automatically restarts and seems to always boot fine the second time. So I just searched my program files for "iomap64" and found two iterations of it in the ASUS folder--1 was in the "APRP" subfolder and 1 was in the "GPU TweakII" subfolder. Once I removed them, it has been booting fine.

Honestly, I am seriously considering trying a different manufacturer for my mobos and gpu's in future builds. I have been pretty loyal to ASUS over the past 15 years and never had any problems, but both my Hero Alpha VIII and Strix GTX 1080 (both of which I bought last summer) have had several little issues and one really serious one where GPU TweakII was not regulating my fan properly and the temp on my gpu shot up to heart stopping levels. I have been able to fix all of them--just like this, but it seems like their software is seriously lacking. I have heard good things about several other brands, such that it makes think that ASUS isn't worth the premium price for subpar software and hardware that is rapidly losing ground to the likes of gigabyte and MSI. As for someone else's suggestion of complaining to ASUS so that they will fix it--GOOD LUCK, HA! I had heard about how bad their customer service is, but I tried contacting them through email a couple times in the past 6 months and did not receive a reply.

Same issue, even bought a new hard drive because of it for new build with Asus ix formula...$500 later and 10 hours with Microsoft and this is where I get the answer???? I checked forums for the last few days, but couldn't find solution.  Will try now and let you guys know