Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Windspeed36

Off topic chit chat

On 14.3.2016 at 0:36 AM, Tosa said:

I feel the need to hate on the Nordic keyboard layout. They've combined the Danish, Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish keyboard layouts into one physical keyboard layout, which has confused me on several occasions. Most computers and keyboard sold in Norway (and probably the other Nordic countries as well) has this layout.

I mean, in both Denmark and Norway, we use the three last letters in out alphabet, Æ, Ø and Å, a lot (Ä, Ö and Å in Sweden and Finland), however, the Danish and Norwegian Ø and Æ is on the opposite key relative to each other.

Try pointing out the Æ and the backslash in the Norwegian layout (and please try ignoring how dirty my keyboard is):

2016-03-16 00.18.52.jpg

And the key between Esc and Tab; Wounder which of all those six symbols it'll actually make?

2016-03-16 00.19.10.jpg

Hmm... Wounder if/where I can buy proper Æ and Ø buttons online...

On 30 March 2016 at 8:57 PM, kerfurfulsnitz said:

Nice day today. Wish it was like this more often.

Cats lying in the sun

Hope you guys and gals are having a nice day wherever you are. :)

But it's England so we have all the weather at the same time. c:

Spoiler

Remember to quote me or tag me to get my attention in a post!

Spoiler

Yukuru (Main rig): R5 2400G | Noctua L9a | VTX R9 Nano 4GB | 2x8GB G-Skill Ripjaws DDR4-2800 (@2400MHz) | ASRock A300M-STX | 128GB Plextor M6s + 2TB Seagate FireCuda 2TB 5400RPM SSHD | Delta 120W Power brick (Thanks @iamdarkyoshi) | Custom Case (Build log| MSX

Spoiler

Blast From the Past (Disassembled and decommissioned as of the 7th of December, 2016, you will be missed): Asus A8Js | C2D T7200 @ 2GHz | Nvidia Go 7700 512MB DDR2 | 2x1GB DDR2-667 Kingston RAM | Hitachi TravelStar 5K160 160GB 5400 HDD | Win7 Pro

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro 13.3 inch late 2013 model i7-4558U (2C/4T @ 3.3GHz Turbo) Intel Iris 5100 graphics (1200MHz boosts) 8GB DDR3-1600 Soldered on 2560 x 1600 display (Looks very nice) Win7 Pro

Spoiler

Box (Brother's Rig): R5 1500X | Stock AMD Cooler | ASRock B450 Pro4 | Asus HD 7970 3GB Matrix Platinum | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 | Crucial BX200 240GB | Aerocool Strike-X 500W | Win7 Home Premium

Spoiler

Spiky Box (Sister's Rig): G3258 | Cooler Master Seidon 120V V2 | Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark I | Sapphire R9 290X 4GB Vapor-X | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair CX600 | Aerocool Xpredator X3 Red/Gold edition (My old case) | MSX 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Whitelist | PSU Tier List F@H stats | Mining Ethereum

I'm currently in a tech support chat and I can't tell if it's a robot.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

39 minutes ago, Aytex said:

snippy snip (if there had been some snipping, she wouldn't be in that situation... just sayin').

Windows 10 is the new Candy Crush.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.
3 hours ago, Tosa said:

The perk of running Windows 10 is that it doesn't nag about upgrading to Windows 10.

Neither does 7 if know what you're doing :P

And I don't mean some shady hack,I mean simple, legit settings changes and some common sense.  You can even still get updates to 7 safely

Can an iPhone update while orbiting the moon?

PC - NZXT 340 Black, Intel i7 6900k, Artic Alpine 11 Pro Cooler, 16GB Corsair DDR 4 2133mhz, Asus H170 Pro Gaming , Gigabyte 1080 OC Windforce, Samsung 250GB EVO, 1TB WD Black.

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

17 minutes ago, Kierax said:

if it is by some miracle at proper operating temperature and has network access (or has already downloaded the update) I don't see why not

18 minutes ago, Kierax said:

I'm pretty sure your wifi signal doesn't reach that far, and no mobile network vendor covers that area as far as I'm aware of.

Hello people

i haz a question

i wanted to build a Cheap gaming pc and i already have:

an HDD

memory

monitor

mouse and keyboard

but i know thats not enough things and this was the best place i cud think of to ask this question M8's what would be the best and cheap

CPU

GPU

PSU

MOBO

and case

for under 250-350

5 minutes ago, Jibran_Syed said:

*snip*

Welcome to the forum :) This isn't really the best place for that though; I'd start a new thread in "New Builds and Planning". They are going to want to know your location and a little more about that memory and HDD you already have if you hope to reuse them. 

7 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Welcome to the forum :) This isn't really the best place for that though; I'd start a new thread in "New Builds and Planning". They are going to want to know your location and a little more about that memory and HDD you already have if you hope to reuse them. 

Thanks Man

On 3-4-2016 at 0:26 PM, IsaacDaGrazin said:

temp.png

These are all probably either masterpieces or pretty terrible. I still havn't decided yet.

X399M Taichi - Threadripper 1950X - Titan X Pascal - GTX 1070 FE - Dominator Plats SE Contrast - InWin 301 - EVGA 850 G2 - Full Custom Watercooling

BlackMac Woody  60% Keyboard

14 hours ago, RollinLower said:

These are all probably either masterpieces or pretty terrible. I still havn't decided yet.

clearly master pieces

Guys I accidentally farted while standing right next to my PC, will it do any damage to the components?

13 minutes ago, ELLYOT said:

Guys I accidentally farted while standing right next to my PC, will it do any damage to the components?

If enough of it was pulled in by the case fans to bring the methane concentration in the case up to around 10% and there is a spark, there could be damages, but otherwise no.

10 hours ago, IsaacDaGrazin said:

clearly master pieces

I'm leaning more towards terrible now that i've had that berdtday boy song stuck in my head for days

X399M Taichi - Threadripper 1950X - Titan X Pascal - GTX 1070 FE - Dominator Plats SE Contrast - InWin 301 - EVGA 850 G2 - Full Custom Watercooling

BlackMac Woody  60% Keyboard

4 hours ago, RollinLower said:

I'm leaning more towards terrible now that i've had that berdtday boy song stuck in my head for days

LMFAAAAAAO