Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Windspeed36

Off topic chit chat

Recommended Posts

https://www.phanteksusa.com

 

Also rip in pepperoni for you guys? 

 

12:25 PM Est / GMT - 5

 

I wanna pay my invoice. :(


Intel i7 7700k @ 4.2 ghz
Asus Strix 1080Ti OC
Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero
EVGA G2 850W
G.Skill Ripjaw 32GB DDR4 @ 3000mhz
X62 Kraken
Creative Soundblaster Zx
Windows 10 Pro x64
Phanteks Primo

Link to post
Share on other sites

My god I'm dissapointed in the Warframe community right now. I love the folks there for being balanced and what-not, but a recent post I made got really out of hand. So story time- I had lost (permaban) my Warframe account for a week, an account in which I invested thousands of dollars and hours into because I had Cheat Engine running to hack away in Civ V at the same time.

 

I decided to post on the Warframe forums about it- detailing why I think that system is wrong- and my solution to the banning people based on Cheat Engine- but I just got a barrage of posts telling me I was wrong. Even if I was, it was rather discouraging. Sure, it's my fault for having Cheat Engine open at the same time- but for me, losing my account was almost like someoen killing my dog without warning simply because I took it into a zone where pets weren't allowed, and the community saying its my fault open and shut. From people calling people out it righteous to ban people who run Cheat Engine at all (a software that cannot influence multiplayer games mind you), to those saying why waste time with a system that isn't broken, I think I've had my fill of people disagreeing with me for quite some time. 

 

Although I'm an invested Warframe player myself, the users I encountered who were so pro-DE reminded me of my time in the OnePlus forums actually- where a simple question about removing the OnePlus branding devolved into people calling me a brainless retard for buying a OnePlus phone to remove its internal branding. Its funny how fanboyism works isn't it? In trying to protect the company you like, you paint a red flag on the community as a whole? I don't know, I'm just a annoyed with what happened on these places. 


PC in Profile

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2018 at 7:54 AM, Dan Castellaneta said:

 

I still think you are the real Dan Castellaneta


MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2016 / i7 6700HQ / AMD 450 2GB / 16GB RAM / Touché Bar / Mojave 10.14

iPhone 7 / 256GB / iOS 12

Apple Watch / WatchOS 4.3.1

Pioneer AVH-2150bt

Peugeot 407 2.0 HDI Coupé

Denon PMA-250 / 100W Warfdale

SONY GTK-XB7

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

I still think you are the real Dan Castellaneta

I promise you I'm not


Dan Castellaneta and the Final Frontier | Build Log | Launch Commands for the Source Engine

Make sure you quote or @ me so I can see your response to me.

 

 

 

 

DRABLY OLIVE IS THE BEST COLOR

 

 

 

@Dan Castellaneta x @pinksnowbirdie | Jake x Tyler :^)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I promise you I'm not

Spend more time on the Simpsons rather than LTT, the show really needs it :( 


MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2016 / i7 6700HQ / AMD 450 2GB / 16GB RAM / Touché Bar / Mojave 10.14

iPhone 7 / 256GB / iOS 12

Apple Watch / WatchOS 4.3.1

Pioneer AVH-2150bt

Peugeot 407 2.0 HDI Coupé

Denon PMA-250 / 100W Warfdale

SONY GTK-XB7

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2018 at 7:57 PM, Keystone Nyan Cat said:

My god I'm dissapointed in the Warframe community right now. I love the folks there for being balanced and what-not, but a recent post I made got really out of hand. So story time- I had lost (permaban) my Warframe account for a week, an account in which I invested thousands of dollars and hours into because I had Cheat Engine running to hack away in Civ V at the same time.

 

I decided to post on the Warframe forums about it- detailing why I think that system is wrong- and my solution to the banning people based on Cheat Engine- but I just got a barrage of posts telling me I was wrong. Even if I was, it was rather discouraging. Sure, it's my fault for having Cheat Engine open at the same time- but for me, losing my account was almost like someoen killing my dog without warning simply because I took it into a zone where pets weren't allowed, and the community saying its my fault open and shut. From people calling people out it righteous to ban people who run Cheat Engine at all (a software that cannot influence multiplayer games mind you), to those saying why waste time with a system that isn't broken, I think I've had my fill of people disagreeing with me for quite some time. 

 

Although I'm an invested Warframe player myself, the users I encountered who were so pro-DE reminded me of my time in the OnePlus forums actually- where a simple question about removing the OnePlus branding devolved into people calling me a brainless retard for buying a OnePlus phone to remove its internal branding. Its funny how fanboyism works isn't it? In trying to protect the company you like, you paint a red flag on the community as a whole? I don't know, I'm just a annoyed with what happened on these places. 

I've experienced a similar thing except I could never trace back the reasoning to my ban. I had hundreds of hours and a lot of money invested in the game and was forced to start fresh. Sadly DE doesn't have a very good support system (as most games don't) in responding to why an account may be banned. Although it may suck that most developers don't care for why you're are banned it's not special to just DE. I suggest just creating a new account and starting fresh. After thousands of hours into my new account, I'm glad I didn't leave the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.6fcb85cd9bc5e20e838a6061e94de80d.png

Idle temp after a cold boot. I seriously hope it's a matter of cleaning out dust bunnies...

Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that the default Windows XP background has a Wikipedia page astonishes me.

AVxzq.png


Dan Castellaneta and the Final Frontier | Build Log | Launch Commands for the Source Engine

Make sure you quote or @ me so I can see your response to me.

 

 

 

 

DRABLY OLIVE IS THE BEST COLOR

 

 

 

@Dan Castellaneta x @pinksnowbirdie | Jake x Tyler :^)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really? Wikipedia has long articles for trivial stuff. Meanwhile some serious stuff is stub level.


Intel i7 7700k @ 4.2 ghz
Asus Strix 1080Ti OC
Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero
EVGA G2 850W
G.Skill Ripjaw 32GB DDR4 @ 3000mhz
X62 Kraken
Creative Soundblaster Zx
Windows 10 Pro x64
Phanteks Primo

Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn the soda machine at work (college) sells them for 2 dollars each.

 

TWO DOLLARS. o.O


Intel i7 7700k @ 4.2 ghz
Asus Strix 1080Ti OC
Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero
EVGA G2 850W
G.Skill Ripjaw 32GB DDR4 @ 3000mhz
X62 Kraken
Creative Soundblaster Zx
Windows 10 Pro x64
Phanteks Primo

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2018 at 6:08 PM, Raskolnikov said:

Really? Wikipedia has long articles for trivial stuff. Meanwhile some serious stuff is stub level.

unlucky Dan it's 3 pages. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-15 at 10.26.55 am.png


MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2016 / i7 6700HQ / AMD 450 2GB / 16GB RAM / Touché Bar / Mojave 10.14

iPhone 7 / 256GB / iOS 12

Apple Watch / WatchOS 4.3.1

Pioneer AVH-2150bt

Peugeot 407 2.0 HDI Coupé

Denon PMA-250 / 100W Warfdale

SONY GTK-XB7

Link to post
Share on other sites

Better then those which does not give anything back. The way to tell who is new at uni. :D 

Btw. don't try meat and soup from a coffee machine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

Better then those which does not give anything back. The way to tell who is new at uni. :D 

Btw. don't try meat and soup from a coffee machine.

There's such a thing?

 

I usually work in government ministries, and the price is usually 1.25$. Local co-op is 1$.

 

Apparently white collar workers have less disposable income than students. 

 

Might me because it takes credit cards compared to other places.

 


Intel i7 7700k @ 4.2 ghz
Asus Strix 1080Ti OC
Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero
EVGA G2 850W
G.Skill Ripjaw 32GB DDR4 @ 3000mhz
X62 Kraken
Creative Soundblaster Zx
Windows 10 Pro x64
Phanteks Primo

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Idaho got a Comicon this world; Wizard World. Supposed to be the largest convention Idaho has seen.

 

Less people than our local annual Anime convention. Or our saturday Boise farmer's market.


On the endless quest
So far into the west
Where history and destiny collide


Your luck will last forever and
The truth will never die
The fates shall be eternal on your side
Prepare to roll the dice just one more time


With the stars in the sky our guide
Voyage ever onwards
Set a course to the other side
Of the endless oceans blue

Treasure Island
Oh, the legends told of a land of rum and plunder
Treasure Island
On a quest for gold we'll sail the seven seas
 

Pyo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Damn the soda machine at work (college) sells them for 2 dollars each.

 

TWO DOLLARS. o.O

The soda machine at my campus sells them for NOK 20 each, so $2.46. And a trip to one of the grocery stores across the road or next door won't save me any money either. It's pretty much the "standard" price for 0.5l bottles of soda in Norway. Though, a 1.5l bottle at the grocery store only costs slightly more, and has more than twice as much soda in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our commissary has soda bottles for $1.65 plus tax = $1.80

Our vending machines have soda bottles for $1.75

 

Guess who sales more?  Yep, the commissary.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 1:42 AM, Drak3 said:

So, Idaho got a Comicon this world; Wizard World. Supposed to be the largest convention Idaho has seen.

 

Less people than our local annual Anime convention. Or our saturday Boise farmer's market.

Is it like a Harry Potter fandom convention? 


Outdoor shenanigan: Will spend my day in the garage installing my set of fuel wheels

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maxrnd10 said:

Is it like a Harry Potter fandom convention? 

No, it's an actual Comicon.


On the endless quest
So far into the west
Where history and destiny collide


Your luck will last forever and
The truth will never die
The fates shall be eternal on your side
Prepare to roll the dice just one more time


With the stars in the sky our guide
Voyage ever onwards
Set a course to the other side
Of the endless oceans blue

Treasure Island
Oh, the legends told of a land of rum and plunder
Treasure Island
On a quest for gold we'll sail the seven seas
 

Pyo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally unrelated, yours truly is now a furry... 

 

It was bound to happen eventually :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Buy VPN

×