Skylake system stuck at 800mhz

Hello guys, I also have the same problem but with a asus z170 A mobo. Do you know any switches to turn off on that mobo? Thanks

BIOS>Overclocking>CPU Features>Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor>Disable

I just had the same issue today. Hope this helps. Looks like it's happening to a lot of the MSI mobos. Makes me want to go back to ASUS at this rate. Hopefully I'm getting the correct temp readings (45c under load, 25c idling), and I'm not going to fry my i5 by disabling that.

• 4 weeks later...

Dudes, i have the exact same issue with my z170a gaming M3 from MSI with 6700k processor. From what i read only Asus and Msi boards have this problem. I hope a future Bios update will fix this problem. If you guys find any fix for this stuff please let me know .

This is ridiculous! I have the exact same issue. Only that my mobo is the MSI H170 Gaming M3 and my processor is the i7-6700 locked version. From what I understand here, it's a faulty switch or is it a faulty thermal sensor? Or both?

Running at only 800Mhz is no fun. I'll try everything suggested here but might as well go for RMA if anything on my mobo is faulty.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I'm having the same exact issue with MSI Z270 Gaming M7 motherboard and a I7 7700K. I just replaced the motherboard and nothing changed. I'm stucked at 0.8 ghz. I am really frustrated right now. Everything is so well put together (cpu, thermal paste, h115i liquid cooling) and temperatures are very good. I am using Throttlestop and disabling BD PROCHOT as a workaround and i even can use mobo default overclock settings without a problem. Is it possible that i received another faulty motherboard or i can pretty much say cpu is the culprit? Changing Intel Adaptative Thermal Monitor to disabled did not work for me.

I'm having the same issue with my Z170 GAMING M5 and i5-6600K but disabling Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor didn't work for me. I have to use ThrottleStop program. I made a video showing Slow Mode LED lit up when the switch is on Normal (Default) position. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2017 at 10:39 PM, ManicMNL said:

This is ridiculous! I have the exact same issue. Only that my mobo is the MSI H170 Gaming M3 and my processor is the i7-6700 locked version. From what I understand here, it's a faulty switch or is it a faulty thermal sensor? Or both?

Running at only 800Mhz is no fun. I'll try everything suggested here but might as well go for RMA if anything on my mobo is faulty.

I've got the same configuration as you, and the same issue, lucky us right?

Any chance you figured out a way to get round it, other than using throttlestop and disabling BDPROSHOT (I think that's the right one, might not have spelt it right though."

• 1 month later...

I had this same problem a bit ago on my MSI Z97S SLI Plus, I am not sure if it is the MSI way of thermal throttling or what, but when I dialed back my overclock it started to work just fine. It is a bit weird that MSI motherboards do this.

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2016 at 2:55 PM, stukov said:

Hi all

This is response from MSI Support regarding the issue, there's no need to use Throttlestop. Just one different setting in UEFI will turn that sensor off.

Hope that helps

reply1_133783_20160301100223.jpg

reply2_133783_20160301100223.png

You sir a good man. Fixed my buddies same problem!

• 4 years later...

Hey all. I was wondering if, when you switched the "Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor" off, if your cpu just stayed at its maximum stock frequency? - I am asking, as I'm having the same problem, but both when I switch the Thermal thing off in bios and when I use the throttlestop program to fix the issue, my cpu clock just ends up constantly on 4000mhz (i have an i7 6700k), and i am scared it will damage my cpu. Hope anybody here has a fix, good day :)