The Audio Board's Recommended Gear

SSL
On 2/3/2016 at 2:54 AM, SSL said:

Do the HIfiman pads attach without any modification or adhesive?

4 hours ago, spwath said:

Yup, most of thoes are already on the list.

Whoops!  My computer didn't load up that list at the top, sorry would have gone through it first without posting redundancies if I had known.

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

6 minutes ago, Marziman said:

Whoops!  My computer didn't load up that list at the top, sorry would have gone through it first without posting redundancies if I had known.

It's okay, I think the link broke at some point; now it's fixed.

Just now, SSL said:

It's okay, I think the link broke at some point; now it's fixed.

Oh no, that wasn't the issue in my case.  In my case your entire comment box was blank.

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

No Fostex stuff? I'm dissapoint'd.

The Fostex T50RP belong on the 100$ list and the TH-900 on the 1000$ list.

The TH-X00's are great but they're a massdrop exclusive so nope.

It's Oculus time! B)

26 minutes ago, nasses321 said:

No Fostex stuff? I'm dissapoint'd.

The Fostex T50RP belong on the 100$ list and the TH-900 on the 1000$ list.

The TH-X00's are great but they're a massdrop exclusive so nope.

MadDog is on there.

Write a blurb (3-5 sentances paragraph) based on your experience with these headphones and I'll add it.

4 minutes ago, SSL said:

MadDog is on there.

Write a blurb (3-5 sentances paragraph) based on your experience with these headphones and I'll add it.

MadDogs are modified T50RP Mk. 1 or 2's priced double as much.

The new T50RP Mk. 3 is great for the 160$ price, they're made out of that egg protein material that doesn't make you sweat, comes with two cables.

They are heavy to drive but they're really fast and are able to play some crazy stuff where regular headphones just would turn into mush, these just play it all without stopping which makes certain music a lot more fun to listen to. Some songs really sound so much better!

Then we got the TH-900's personally I don't own any but I have heard them and they're really good, counting in the 1,300$ price tag. They just sing and play as good as my speakers and that's not an easy task.

It's Oculus time! B)

1 hour ago, SSL said:

MadDog is on there.

I can in a week or two, i ordered t50rp from a guy on headfi for 75$.

I plan on modding them, but I'll spend a little time with them stock, until i have money for modding materials

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

4 minutes ago, Pomfinator said:

Think we can throw the AD1000x or 2000x on there? I know they're pretty similar to the 500x, but IMO the upper AD-series has it's merits.

Sure, if you tell us what the merits are.

1 hour ago, SSL said:

Sure, if you tell us what the merits are.

Easy to drive, mid-forward with an emphasis on the upper-mids, sparkly treble gives it a very airy sound.  Mid-bass is fast and punchy but definitely lean in sub-bass.  Great with female vocals and classical music.  Soundstage is intimate but detailed. Non-removable double-sided cable.

Only appreciable difference is that the 2000x is more aggressive in the upper mids than the 1000x.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

35 minutes ago, Pomfinator said:

Easy to drive, mid-forward with an emphasis on the upper-mids, sparkly treble gives it a very airy sound.  Mid-bass is fast and punchy but definitely lean in sub-bass.  Great with female vocals and classical music.  Soundstage is intimate but detailed. Non-removable double-sided cable.

Only appreciable difference is that the 2000x is more aggressive in the upper mids than the 1000x.

Perfect.

Do you know, is the 1000X normally under $300 like it is now, or is it sub-$500 more typically?

22 minutes ago, SSL said:

Perfect.

Do you know, is the 1000X normally under $300 like it is now, or is it sub-$500 more typically?

It's been at sub-$300 for a while now.  But when the price does go up it's usually around $330-350, not sure if that'll count in the sub-$500 then.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

22 hours ago, spwath said:

I can in a week or two, i ordered t50rp from a guy on headfi for 75$.

I plan on modding them, but I'll spend a little time with them stock, until i have money for modding materials

Meh, get the Mk3's and you'll be happy, they're better than any modded Mk1 or Mk2 pair.

75$ is quite a good deal tho.

It's Oculus time! B)

1 hour ago, nasses321 said:

Meh, get the Mk3's and you'll be happy, they're better than any modded Mk1 or Mk2 pair.

75$ is quite a good deal tho.

I can imagine them being better than modded Mk1/2's, as thats basically what they are. 

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Put the sennheiser HD 700s in the 500$ category as they are now only 425$

CPU: i7 6800k @ 4.1ghz | Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Edition 10 | RAM: 64 GB 2400Mhz DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | GPU: GTX 2080 ti Zotac AMP | CASE: Corsair 780T | Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Evo, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro m.2 Nvme SSD, Samsung 950 Pro 1TB SSD, Seagate 7200rpm 1TB HDD, Seagate 5TB external HDD | PSU: EVGA 850watt G2 | Displays (3): Samsung Odyssey G70 32 inch 1440p 240hz Monitor 1ms rt, LG 32MA68HY-P 32-Inch IPS Monitor, LG 43UD79-B 43" 16:9 4K IPS Monitor | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman Mini, Razer Huntsman Elite | Mice: Logitech G502 HERO wireless, Roccat Leadr | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 700, Hifiman HE1000 V2, Oppo PM3s | DAC/AMP and USB audio enhancers: Schiit Gungnir Multibit, Schiit Mjolnir 2, Sennheiser HD 700, Oppo HA-2 Headphone amplifier, Schiit USB Decrapifier | Webcam: Logitech BRIO 4k | Speakers: Klipsch The Sixes Powered Monitors and MartinLogan Dynamo 300 Stereo Subwoofer with Creative Sound Blaster E5 High-Resolution USB DAC to run them both at the same time. And an Amazon Echo linked at the same time to these speakers via bluetooth on the sound blaster. | Microphone and DAC/AMP: Blue yeti pro, and Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) | Router and Modem: Asus rog rapture GT-AC5300, and ARRIS SURFboard SB8200

1 hour ago, David1521 said:

Put the sennheiser HD 700s in the 500$ category as they are now only 425$

If someone can make an extremely good case while they're better than most of the $300 headphones out there, I'll put them on. Otherwise I don't think the Grado-esque sound signature is worthy of a recommendation.

I'm don't know much about audio but after reading this I'd really like to get into. Considering I once was a music major I feel like I should have been into it in the first place just put priorities else where I guess.

I do have a suggestion though, it may not fit and should probably put into a difference post but do you think some recommended AMP's and DAC's can be added? If one was to really consider everything it would be nice to know the best quality stuff that one can buy with his money so he doesn't screw up completely. (I probably would buy the crappiest AMP or DAC out there)

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

Although I have never owned a pair of these, I'm surprised that the LCD-2 didn't make it into the $1000 category.

34 minutes ago, seduce_me said:

Although I have never owned a pair of these, I'm surprised that the LCD-2 didn't make it into the $1000 category.

They could if someone wants to provide a good blurb on why they are recommendable.

These three links in the OP are bork:

• The Audio Board's Frequently Asked Questions
  • Audio
  • Member Reviews

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

These three links in the OP are bork:

• The Audio Board's Frequently Asked Questions
  • Audio
  • Member Reviews

Awesome.

On 2/9/2016 at 6:48 PM, seduce_me said:

On 2/9/2016 at 7:23 PM, SSL said:

They could if someone wants to provide a good blurb on why they are recommendable.

15 minutes ago, angst92 said:

Looking like a good list but its a shame the audeze lcd 2 arent listed.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?