The Audio Board's Recommended Gear

SSL
18 hours ago, Majestic said:

Ill shorten the recommendation in a sec.

EDIT; tried to condense it.

Reveal hidden contents

Easy to drive, closed-back mobile headphones. Treble is clear and detailed (no fuzz). Low-Mids slightly retracted, deep bass extension with a slight mid-bass hump. Requires a low-impedance source to shine (pref. <3ohms). Immaculate construction, with only metal, suede and geniuine leather parts. Removeable pads, removeable cable, both with proprietary fittings though. Comes with a 3,5mm to 6,3mm adapter, swappable in-line (apple) remote cable and a leather/suede travelcase. Cans are foldable (only inwards, no rotation). Not compatible when your glasses have a outsticking or large frame. Pads are also fairly small and the unit can press on your ears the first weeks, this resides.

Added with some minor edits for brevity. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

So ive looked at the list and I am in the market for some really cheap IEMs because I know I will ruin them.

So now im in between the VSD3S Black with non detachable cable ($57) and the Carbon Tenore ($43)

Right now I am leaning to the Tenore for the obvious reason of price.

So is there anything else I should take into account or is that it? I have narrow ear canals, if that affects it.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Ended up going with the VSD3S anyway after I ordered I discovered the M6 pro which from what I can tell is superior in everyway for roughly the same cost.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Would you guys still recommend the Westone W10 over the RHA T10/20i? I listen to EDM, a little hiphop, and mostly whatever is on top.

On 4/13/2016 at 11:45 PM, kwilliamnrys said:

Would you guys still recommend the Westone W10 over the RHA T10/20i? I listen to EDM, a little hiphop, and mostly whatever is on top.

Probably the RHA since they have a U shape signature with a generous bass bump, also comes with filters to change how they sound. 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/RHAT10iReferenceFilter.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/RHAT20ReferenceFilter.pdf

Westone is pretty flat, does that notch from ~4-8 kHz though.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/WestoneW10.pdf

2 hours ago, Jacona said:

Probably the RHA since they have a U shape signature with a generous bass bump, also comes with filters to change how they sound. 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/RHAT10iReferenceFilter.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/RHAT20ReferenceFilter.pdf

Westone is pretty flat, does that notch from ~4-8 kHz though.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/WestoneW10.pdf

Thanks. And yeah, I was leaning toward the RHAs. They look good too and have interchangeable filters. But, the Westone's have a removable cable

1 hour ago, nizarlol said:

Asus Xonar Essence STX and Logitech G930 7.1 Channel Headset
will i be good with those ? for gaming and a bit of work for audio stuff 

i got confused when i saw a video saying the Asus xenar STX its not for 7.1 headphones but for speakers.

https://youtu.be/iueTVM3xfFM?t=240

No.

Add the k612 what did you guys hear something? xD 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

Add the k612 what did you guys hear something? xD 

Good idea, how did I forget that one?

Just now, SSL said:

Good idea, how did I forget that one?

Don't know. You dont really hear many people talk about them, but those who do talk so highly of them. They are underrated if you ask me.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

In the part about the boompro, wouldn't it be 3.5mm to 2.5mm trs, not trrs, because the part that goe into headphones is just trs, as the mic signal doesn't go into headphones/my vmoda boompro is trs on headphone end

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

2 hours ago, spwath said:

In the part about the boompro, wouldn't it be 3.5mm to 2.5mm trs, not trrs, because the part that goe into headphones is just trs, as the mic signal doesn't go into headphones/my vmoda boompro is trs on headphone end

I think you're right.

13 minutes ago, SSL said:

I think you're right.

I try to be. The best way to always be right is to not state facts when you dont know.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I'm looking for a new IEM (broke my 215s) and I need help deciding between the 425 and 535. I found a 425 at $250 and 535 at $310. Which would sound the closest to a HD650?

Also I think that the MSR7 could be a good suggestion under $300.

Oh damn you added the k612 pro nice :) 

@SSL May want to look over the broken spoilers, and remove any formatting.

And you might also be able to throw in the ATH-AD2000x's there as well. $500-ish on Amazon. Just overall a bit more refined over the 1000x, that's how I would put it.

Better built, better cord, just... more better. Basically for those that know and like sound of the ATH-AD-line of headphones could also check out the 2000x's.

As for if they are worth it over the 1000x's is up to the buyer. But I can still recommend them.

8LJqiAb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2016 at 11:00 AM, GlassBomb said:

@SSL May want to look over the broken spoilers, and remove any formatting.

And you might also be able to throw in the ATH-AD2000x's there as well. $500-ish on Amazon. Just overall a bit more refined over the 1000x, that's how I would put it.

Better built, better cord, just... more better. Basically for those that know and like sound of the ATH-AD-line of headphones could also check out the 2000x's.

As for if they are worth it over the 1000x's is up to the buyer. But I can still recommend them.

How would you describe the 2000x/1000x sound? I'm not familiar with them; my general impression is that they are not a particularly good value.

We should add a section on desktop speakers. I might start working on something.

21 minutes ago, spwath said:

We should add a section on desktop speakers. I might start working on something.

I would love that, since I only really know about 10 desktop speakers that are good.

On 5/17/2016 at 2:15 AM, SSL said:

How would you describe the 2000x/1000x sound? I'm not familiar with them; my general impression is that they are not a particularly good value.

Since I'm lazy, tires, and have a massive headache. I'm going to forward you to this user review that @Pomfinator wrote, which is in-depth and pretty spot on.

TL;DR They are really, really similar. But the 2000x's can be seen as the icing on the cake. And the extra $200 only being worth it if you know what you are getting yourself into.

Edit: I feel that I should also add that I recently go a pair of thicker pads for my 2000x's, making them just a bit more comfortable. And man, I was so damn close to picking up a pair of used HD650 for $120, I was so damn tempted. But I couldn't justify it since I joined the TH-X00 Purpleheart drop, else I would've gotten the HD650's in an instant.

17 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

And man, I was so damn close to picking up a pair of used HD650 for $120, I was so damn tempted. But I couldn't justify it since I joined the TH-X00 Purpleheart drop, else I would've gotten the HD650's in an instant.

Wait you got a offer to buy the HD 650 for only 150$? That is so cheap, I want to be able to get such a good deal xD 

How are the TH-X00?

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

Wait you got a offer to buy the HD 650 for only 150$? That is so cheap, I want to be able to get such a good deal xD 

How are the TH-X00?

Not even $150, normally they are sold for around $200 when used.

And as ordinary Massdrop fashion, they aren't here yet. ETA for the shipping is in August. So a while longer.

PS. The Mahogany TH-X00 is up on Massdrop as well, first 600 will be shipped off when the drop ends in two weeks.

1 minute ago, GlassBomb said:

Not even $150, normally they are sold for around $200 when used.

And as ordinary Massdrop fashion, they aren't here yet. ETA for the shipping is in August. So a while longer.

PS. The Mahogany TH-X00 is up on Massdrop as well, first 600 will be shipped off when the drop ends in two weeks.

I know and I want them, but if I buy for more than 12$ outside EU, I will get a shit load in taxes xD 

Well the HD 650 go for 280-320$ used in Denmark

7 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I know and I want them, but if I buy for more than 12$ outside EU, I will get a shit load in taxes xD 

Well the HD 650 go for 280-320$ used in Denmark

As a Swede, I just convert using 1:10. Which is decently accurate for the Americans. So it would really be 1,200 SEK, which is still dang cheap.